Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 hours ago, Wes said:

TL;DR - Very physically imposing player, even at 20 years old. Very strong work rate and team ethic. 6'3" and his aerial ability is very good. Fast despite his size. Lacks consistent finishing ability.

Closest similiarity of profile would be Lukaku probably?

Lukaku was performing better at the same age. I see Samu as more like a Awoniyi from Forest and that's my worry with him. Awoniyi was similarly a physical specimen as a kid and played for the German youth teams but his ability didn't progress as he got older and hence ended up at Forest rather than  Dortmund or Bayern. Personally think Samu will go the same way. I'd rather get Vitor Roque or try and get Ferguson or Pedro from Brighton

West Ham are picking up a third player from my summer picks now with Soler, again on the cheap.

Whichever of you is sporting director I really rate Dendonker and Matty Cash

Edited by paul514
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

West Ham are picking up a third player from my summer picks now with Soler, again on the cheap.

Whichever of you is sporting director I really rate Dendonker and Matty Cash

If I'm honest , I feel teams like West Ham always go for obvious, transfer bandied around " names "

Whereas we go for players which strategically compliment an over all machine and system.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If I'm honest , I feel teams like West Ham always go for obvious, transfer bandied around " names "

Whereas we go for players which strategically compliment an over all machine and system.

Didn't see anyone putting his name around

48 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I was listening to Athletic FC podcast earlier about Gundogan moving to City. Barca seem like a bit of a mess, and in order to register Olmo, they need to move on a bunch of players. Mentioned on the pod were: Mika Faye, Llenglet, Vitor Roque, Aurajo and Ansu Fati (injured, so won't actually be moving).

No mention of Christensen, but would make sense that they would consider offers for him.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

We were heavily linked to Soler at the start of the window.

Didn’t see that either, well it’s a shame we didn’t nab him

9 hours ago, duke313 said:

According to Villa Twitter, Fulham are now better than us along with West Ham and Brighton based on their transfers so far.

Two of those teams have bought players who would start for us. Fulham - Anderson. West Ham - Todibo. Brighton have bought some exciting young players but we already have those. 

Todibo was a loan too so we didn't even need to spend any money on him until next summer. That's the one that baffles me the most because his profile fits us perfectly given his age and level of experience. 

5 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Todibo was a loan too so we didn't even need to spend any money on him until next summer. That's the one that baffles me the most because his profile fits us perfectly given his age and level of experience. 

He comes from a team that is essentially owned by Man U. They were never selling to us even if we were interested. Also, he’s on loan because they can’t sell him straight to Man U for the same reasons. If he does well they’ll find a way to get him to go there next summer.

7 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

He comes from a team that is essentially owned by Man U. They were never selling to us even if we were interested. Also, he’s on loan because they can’t sell him straight to Man U for the same reasons. If he does well they’ll find a way to get him to go there next summer.

They sold to West Ham who finished one place below Man Yoo so I’m not sure how you come to that conclusion. West Ham are arguably are just as much of a threat to them as we are.

10 hours ago, duke313 said:

3 goals now. Could we just sign him please, this is a generational talent.

This scouting report says Villa have already bid £7m for him. It also says that the player is on record as saying that it would be a dream to play for ManUre.

We need a sustained spell of success to get kids from around the world dreaming about playing for us. It’s also the platform you need to grow your revenue base.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Two of those teams have bought players who would start for us. Fulham - Anderson. West Ham - Todibo. Brighton have bought some exciting young players but we already have those. 

Todibo would have been good, but our squad is too big at the moment to keep adding players to it. If we don’t sell Diego Carlos, but we signed Todibo, we’d still be paying Diego Carlos £100k / week to spend most of his time on the bench.

Transfer fees are supposedly not our issue, but apparently our wage to revenue % is high, so we need to manage this as best we can by keeping the squad size at a manageable level.

Once again the fairness of PSR allows for clubs like Chelsea to have a squad nearly twice the size of ours, whilst Champions League Aston Villa have to precariously navigate through the transfer window.

It has still been a good one though.

52 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

So whose place would they take exactly? Konsa and Torres ? I don’t think so, Konsa is a better defender than both and proven in the PL. Torres is essential to how Emery wants us to play.

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Two of those teams have bought players who would start for us. Fulham - Anderson. West Ham - Todibo

Not that I necessarily agree or disagree on those players, but I’d expect *any* PL team to have someone who would/might start for us. Everyone has money. But overall we have 15+ players who would start for either of them.

It’s all sliding doors really, we may very well have been in for Todibo, if the Fulham Carlos deal had gone through. It didn’t so them and us moved on. 

As Carlos is due to stay it means a CB is now not so needed so we turned our attention to Geertruida (hopefully). 

Personally I think this is the better scenario as Konsa is arguably our best RCB and the likes of Todibo wouldn’t want to play second fiddle, it’d be a tough sell. 

I can see us moving Carlos on in Jan or next summer and bringing in someone like Mosquera or similar (Scalvini would be nice). 

I can also see us possibly moving Bailey on next year too, mainly due to his stock being high. 

21 minutes ago, burchy said:

It’s all sliding doors really, we may very well have been in for Todibo, if the Fulham Carlos deal had gone through. It didn’t so them and us moved on. 

As Carlos is due to stay it means a CB is now not so needed so we turned our attention to Geertruida (hopefully). 

Personally I think this is the better scenario as Konsa is arguably our best RCB and the likes of Todibo wouldn’t want to play second fiddle, it’d be a tough sell. 

I can see us moving Carlos on in Jan or next summer and bringing in someone like Mosquera or similar (Scalvini would be nice). 

I can also see us possibly moving Bailey on next year too, mainly due to his stock being high. 

Geertrieda ffs, was a replacement option for Carlos. He is a Centre Back who can play Right Back. Carlos Staying means no move for Geertruida. It's been reported in every f'ing link to Geertruida that it's dependent on CARLOS LEAVING

People just literally ignore that part of every single link and make up that it's a Cash replacement and Cash is being sold etc... 

I still expect us to loan a few more out before the end of the window, creating some space in the squad for possibly a couple of additions.

We have the Champions League on top of wanting to fight for the top 4 again, whilst other clubs around us are also strengthening. Emery and Monchi will want the best squad possible before the window closes.

Going to be an interesting 10 days or so.

1 hour ago, Galway Lion said:

So whose place would they take exactly? Konsa and Torres ? I don’t think so, Konsa is a better defender than both and proven in the PL. Torres is essential to how Emery wants us to play.

Konsa right back and Tobido partnering Torres. And before you say Konsa is better in the middle, yes he is, but Unai plays him RB because he likes a defensive right back.

Geertruida suits us more than Todibo as you can keep Konsa in the middle but that link has gone very quiet sadly so don’t think it’s happening.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â