Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Think there's probably some truth to the Sterling link in the sense that Chelsea offered him to Villa plus every other club they can. Was widely reported earlier in the window that Villa and Chelsea have a good relationship at board level so can imagine much like the Maatsen/Kellyman deals they'll always be open to helping one another out.

Chelsea have some outcasted players that could be pretty useful with the right deal, but have to say I'm staggered by them in general. Quite how they're managing to get the fees they're getting I've no idea. You've got Maresca literally saying he doesn't care about the other 20+ players he's not training with and yet they're still managing to bring in £30m for Broja, £12m for Humphreys etc in the last couple of days alone. Not even mentioning what they have or will get for the more high profile departures. It defies all logic. They should realistically only be managing to shift players on loan or for nominal fees given the circumstances.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Is that how mates talk to each other? 😆

I’m not upset, I’m relieved…

that we aren’t making a HUGE mistake.

If you can’t see the risks and issues… I don’t know what else to say.

You have your view, I have mine.

👋

What by calling people a moron? No i dont think it is which is why you need to think before speaking, debates are fine being rude isn’t 🤝

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

What by calling people a moron? No i dont think it is which is why you need to think before speaking, debates are fine being rude isn’t 🤝

You started it 😆 don’t be a hypocrite.

Look, let’s move on and forget it. Waste of time.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whilst I’m not a fan of Sterling, a loan deal for a year kinda makes sense I guess if it isn’t too expensive.

Any pundit or pro that talks about the bloke says he’s a top pro and a nice lad. It’s not all that bad having him challenging Rogers. Talk about depth…

Still don’t think it will happen but you know what, he could do a helluva lot worse. 

The rumour has been quashed a little now but I think his recent statement after being left out of one matchday squad would suggest that whilst he's generally a good pro, he's also prone to Diva-ish tendencies which we could do without. Releasing a statement just before the game shows a selfish streak which I'm not sure Unai would tolerate. At least with Dennis the Menace Duran, we think he could become a worldie. Sterling is very much at the tail end of his career given his pace is diminishing    

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

T🔨

I’d even take Lukaku and JG over him 😂

And was banging on about why such moves would be so bad last night!

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Look he’s not my preferred target, but the reactions from many fans regarding Sterling is no thanks, if you check his stats last season which was 8 goals in 31plus 4 assists which isn’t bad, of course at City he had phenomenal seasons, would we prefer him to Felix based on that?… i know there’s many that don’t want neither player, i also think certain players who present a hip/urban image are often written off from the get go, thats not just with Sterling but players like Sancho too

Yeah some of the response has been a bit extreme and we could benefit from some experience. However I don't think he starts for us. I'm also not sure he'd be the first one off the bench when we need something in a game. Considering we sold Diaby as the offer was seen as too good for a squad player, then Sterling on higher wages would also be a luxury we can ill afford at the moment. Also his stats are a tad misleading as I think a chunk of the goals and assists were in the cup competitions against weaker opposition & not the league. 

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Think there's probably some truth to the Sterling link in the sense that Chelsea offered him to Villa plus every other club they can. Was widely reported earlier in the window that Villa and Chelsea have a good relationship at board level so can imagine much like the Maatsen/Kellyman deals they'll always be open to helping one another out.

Chelsea have some outcasted players that could be pretty useful with the right deal, but have to say I'm staggered by them in general. Quite how they're managing to get the fees they're getting I've no idea. You've got Maresca literally saying he doesn't care about the other 20+ players he's not training with and yet they're still managing to bring in £30m for Broja, £12m for Humphreys etc in the last couple of days alone. Not even mentioning what they have or will get for the more high profile departures. It defies all logic. They should realistically only be managing to shift players on loan or for nominal fees given the circumstances.

I actually thought Maresca would be running things a better way but that is really terrible for the club morale and im happy its going that way, that club deserves to sink… imagine having so many players training in isolation away from the preferred set…crazy! really is a circus over there

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

You started it 😆 don’t be a hypocrite.

Look, let’s move on and forget it. Waste of time.

I never called you anything thats not my thing, I didn’t expect it from you however as you seem to be one of the better ones but it seems not 

I actually thought Maresca would be running things a better way but that is really terrible for the club morale and im happy its going that way, that club deserves to sink… imagine having so many players training in isolation away from the preferred set…crazy! really is a circus over there

Sterling should just wait it out, Maresca will be sacked before Christmas.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

The rumour has been quashed a little now but I think his recent statement after being left out of one matchday squad would suggest that whilst he's generally a good pro, he's also prone to Diva-ish tendencies which we could do without. Releasing a statement just before the game shows a selfish streak which I'm not sure Unai would tolerate. At least with Dennis the Menace Duran, we think he could become a worldie. Sterling is very much at the tail end of his career given his pace is diminishing    

spacer.png

Yeah some of the response has been a bit extreme and we could benefit from some experience. However I don't think he starts for us. I'm also not sure he'd be the first one off the bench when we need something in a game. Considering we sold Diaby as the offer was seen as too good for a squad player, then Sterling on higher wages would also be a luxury we can ill afford at the moment. Also his stats are a tad misleading as I think a chunk of the goals and assists were in the cup competitions against weaker opposition & not the league. 

I agree 🤝 

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Sterling should just wait it out, Maresca will be sacked before Christmas.

I wonder if he will be advised this is not how to run a top PL club and bring him back into the fold, its anyone’s guess but how players are still signing for them is beyond me… good luck João your gonna need it 😂

Agreed. I didn't like Sterling's statement, especially given the timing of it, but still and all it doesn't take away from the overall point about Chelsea. The way they're treating a player like Chalobah in particular is a disgrace. A player that has been at the club since he was 8, played a lot of games for the club - and played well in them - and by all accounts never been anything but professional being completely casted aside and forced out as much as possible just because it suits them to sell an academy product. If there's one club that deserve to fail this season it's them.

6 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Not worrying about them, just questioning why they can spend big on a defender despite having a ridiculously sized squad while we have to reduce our squad size to below 25 before we can sign anyone. 

It's not a fact that we 'have' to reduce our squad size. Squad limit restrictions doesn't determine the number of players you can afford, it only determines eligible players for the Premier League. If we can't sell, we can still bomb squad players, we just have to carry the cost of doing so.

In this instance, I dare say that we could purchase additional players, but we are just being shrewd and sensible.

18 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Agreed. I didn't like Sterling's statement, especially given the timing of it, but still and all it doesn't take away from the overall point about Chelsea. The way they're treating a player like Chalobah in particular is a disgrace. A player that has been at the club since he was 8, played a lot of games for the club - and played well in them - and by all accounts never been anything but professional being completely casted aside and forced out as much as possible just because it suits them to sell an academy product. If there's one club that deserve to fail this season it's them.

Even though its Chelsea it does shock me, we are talking about a club that should be showing professional standards, not to mention Conor Gallagher to that list, its really bad…. Maresca has said sterling will have no minutes here lol thats insane to say that publicly, i dont agree with sterling’s statement also, but after that Maresca statement i can see why heads may have gone out of control and anything was said 

Edited by RicRic

20 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I never called you anything thats not my thing, I didn’t expect it from you however as you seem to be one of the better ones but it seems not 

Why don’t you look at your original comment again?

Look, let’s leave it and move on. Let it go.

And if you change your mind about someone so easily… another reason to look in the mirror.

For my part, I apologise… this is a waste of time and off topic.

We have good news, let’s focus on that - Emi has signed a new deal.

• Like 1

Not sure what would be worse, signing Sterling or Lukaku from Chelsea. It's in football's best interest to not help Chelsea out with their wild spending.

(Not that I think we'd actually sign either)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Are there any ‘available’ players at Chelsea worth poaching? 

I think it’s best we steer clear and let them rot… punishments and sanctions pending I hope 🙏

Disgraceful club. In everyone’s best interests not to help them out at all. 

Maresca’s comments were hilarious 😂

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â