Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Was all of this in the same podcast chat ? 😂 

It was. People got taken in my engagement farming accounts and didn’t bother to listen in. Even the abridged clip didn’t say the deal was ever likely to happen. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

It was. People got taken in my engagement farming accounts and didn’t bother to listen in. Even the abridged clip didn’t say the deal was ever likely to happen. 

So you listened?

Man, they pulled you in hook, line and sinker.

Mugged you off.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

So you listened?

Man, they pulled you in hook, line and sinker.

Mugged you off.

I didn’t listen because I didn’t need to do so, because the clip posted on Twitter convinced me the deal wasn’t happening to begin with. I was merely trying to encourage people to listen beyond what people selectively post on Twitter for engagement from fan pages. 

Edited by The_Steve

26 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We’re better and in a better place than Chelsea… making stunning progress and a proper, exciting team. Accelerated past them.

Them taking a player like Felix and us taking shite like Sterling would be hugely disappointing… we are not inferior to them, don’t want or need their cast offs, and certainly don’t need to be helping them out. Huge wages, past his best, massive ego… nightmare.

Would be an alarming change in our transfer strategy… panic signing. Please don’t be true.

My worry is if Felix was no1 choice, we end up in the same situation again as we did Diaby. Someone Emery ends up with but ultimately never fully meets his standards.  We are probably a way down the options list now for that position. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

My worry is if Felix was no1 choice, we end up in the same situation again as we did Diaby. Someone Emery ends up with but ultimately never fully meets his standards.  We are probably a way down the options list now for that position. 

There are loads of good, young and exciting options out there…

Way better than expensive duds and egos like this.

Sounds like he was just offered to us rather than us actually wanting him or being on a list… scary thought if he was.

Chelsea can get lost and rot.

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

There are loads of good, young and exciting options out there…

Way better than expensive duds and egos like this.

Sounds like he was just offered to us rather than us actually wanting him or being on a list… scary thought if he was.

Chelsea can get lost and rot.

Sadly they have squad depth I don't think they care.

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Monchi said there’s ten names per position on any shortlist. We never bidded for Felix. There’s no evidence he was the top target. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Monchi said there’s ten names per position on any shortlist. We never bidded for Felix. There’s no evidence he was the top target. 

Hence why I said IF

Just now, The_Steve said:

Felix would have cost us about £17m in cost per year 

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd kinda agree with you if it wasn't Chelsea.

His wages will also be stupendous.

At his best he is on fire but he can be one dimensional.

We can do better imo.

By better, i mean as in an all round deal and longer term.

Yeh we definitely can. 

As Monchi said in his interview they will have a list of 500 odd players and it would be remiss of them not to have a player on his day the quality of Sterling on it … Monitoring and showing an active interest however are hugely different things and open to interpretation depending on whether you need to produce clickbait articles. It’s a nothing piece designed to create reaction 

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I'm more wound up by the use of " bidded " than missing out on Felix

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s not true. Ben Jacobs also said “he doesn’t think it’s got legs”

It does, although they're tiny. It also has little camp T Rex arms.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â