Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Probably not, but missing out on Felix we must have other names on the list?

Jadon Sancho is possibly on that list? Can play across the forward line and was more than decent last season. Much preferred Felix but if a loan with an option to buy deal was available I’d take that to replace Diaby in the 10 role!

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

Whilst I’m not a fan of Sterling, a loan deal for a year kinda makes sense I guess if it isn’t too expensive.

Any pundit or pro that talks about the bloke says he’s a top pro and a nice lad. It’s not all that bad having him challenging Rogers. Talk about depth…

Still don’t think it will happen but you know what, he could do a helluva lot worse. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

We aren't a theme park.

Unfortunately😭 . Bring back Dr. Tony Fraud...my dreams died along with his oversized suits 😭

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

You gotta pick one - Sterling or Sancho who ya taking 

If I had to it would be Sancho given his age and possible resale value if he could ever play like he does for Dortmund in the Premier League. Sterling is only going to get worse.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yes. Why would we indulge a rumour from one of the most reliable journalists on an internet forum designed specifically to talk about rumours.

I bet you’re fun at parties.

The bloke said “I’m not sure it will gather legs at this point” which all the aggregators excluded. He’s not even convinced by the rumour. He’s just mentioning his surprise. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whilst I’m not a fan of Sterling, a loan deal for a year kinda makes sense I guess if it isn’t too expensive.

Any pundit or pro that talks about the bloke says he’s a top pro and a nice lad. It’s not all that bad having him challenging Rogers. Talk about depth…

Still don’t think it will happen but you know what, he could do a helluva lot worse. 

You crack me up with some of your suggestions

Sterling on a Loan for wages we're happy to pay is fine. If it's an opportunistic deal on our part from a desperate Chelsea. All other situations would be a hell no. 

45 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The full context of the statement. 

doesn’t seem likely 

Jacobs also said “I’m not sure this will gather legs at this point”. Which all these accounts ignored for engagement farming. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Sterling on a Loan for wages we're happy to pay is fine. If it's an opportunistic deal on our part from a desperate Chelsea. All other situations would be a hell no. 

I could have swore Sterling was approaching mid 30s, he's only a year older than Watkins, he has vast CL experience which our team is currently lacking.  I'd have no issues with a loan also.

21 minutes ago, striker said:

I've wanted Villa to sign him for yonks. A leader, good in the air and one of the best passing defenders in the Premiership.

Villa should have been all over this.

I’m sure we would have been if we had a spare £30m lying round.

We’re better and in a better place than Chelsea… making stunning progress and a proper, exciting team. Accelerated past them.

Them taking a player like Felix and us taking shite like Sterling would be hugely disappointing… we are not inferior to them, don’t want or need their cast offs, and certainly don’t need to be helping them out. Huge wages, past his best, massive ego… nightmare.

Would be an alarming change in our transfer strategy… panic signing. Please don’t be true.

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

We’re better and in a better place than Chelsea… making stunning progress and a proper, exciting team. Accelerated past them.

Them taking a player like Felix and us taking shite like Sterling would be hugely disappointing… we are not inferior to them, don’t want or need their cast offs, and certainly don’t need to be helping them out. Huge wages, past his best, massive ego… nightmare.

Would be an alarming change in our transfer strategy… panic signing. Please don’t be true.

Aside from this... I cannot express to you how badly i do not want us to help them in any way shape or form.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â