Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

21 minutes ago, RicRic said:

i remained patient and was reasonable but we’ve been toyed with here

This is the sort of post they look back on after someone goes on a mass shooting spree 😬

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

Haha to be honest the way he played at Luton I was fairly pleased with it for such a low cost, however I've not seen much to be excited about since he came in. 

in all fairness he has hardly played any competitive matches 

the talk was we wanted to make the big 6 a big 8  , I guess to a degree we've taken that first step ...Arsenal are potential runners up and we showed we are as good as they are , arguably better in some areas as we have a superior coach as much as anything 

but , it seems farcical that we have Champions league money , Adidas money , new sponsor money  and so on and we can only just about come up with a net spend of €6m  with already talk about how we have to offload in Jan or next season to stay compliant 

This isn't a moan about the club , but something has to be wrong with the way clubs are being restricted in how they operate when the "established" clubs don't seem to be feeling the same pain 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

Haha to be honest the way he played at Luton I was fairly pleased with it for such a low cost, however I've not seen much to be excited about since he came in. 

I feel cos he stood out so much in a poor Luton team....made him look better than he probably was....I dunno.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Love it if we could do a Dortmund or Leverkusen success wise despite every attempt to clip our wings.

Let's hope this can build a strong us against the system mentality which drives us further.

In truth it was always going to be tough to transform the whole squad in one window, and probably not the right thing to do anyway.

We will need to get behind ALL our players now, including Matty.

If we have a decent Champions League showing, cup runs and maintain our league position revenue can only go up and we can reshape the squad further 

Love this post. I'm not happy with our business, but recognise it's not our fault. Good post mate.

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

the talk was we wanted to make the big 6 a big 8  , I guess to a degree we've taken that first step ...Arsenal are potential runners up and we showed we are as good as they are , arguably better in some areas as we have a superior coach as much as anything 

but , it seems farcical that we have Champions league money , Adidas money , new sponsor money  and so on and we can only just about come up with a net spend of €6m  with already talk about how we have to offload in Jan or next season to stay compliant 

This isn't a moan about the club , but something has to be wrong with the way clubs are being restricted in how they operate when the "established" clubs don't seem to be feeling the same pain 

Especially when Chelsea are now effectively selling players to themselves for profit to help massage their PSR. It's all a giant farce. 

The reality is, unless you've been well managed like Brighton or Newcastle were pre-takeover it's very hard to spend big money in the league without big outgoings - plus you can't rely on the promotional money either. Clubs like Southampton and Ipswich will spend big but it means comparatively little and that's just to stay in the league.

Every season the gap gets larger. United can spend big despite limited sales and finishing 8th because of their established spending power enriched by the unfair rules. 

Fair play to Chelsea 😂 the FA and Premier League are obviously doing nothing about it, there's something quite impressive about their brazen lack of care for the rules.

Edited by VillaJay
  • Like 1

The stinker to this whole window is the players we can’t sell. 

Coutinho, Moreno, Dendonker, Carlos, Olsen and Digne to an extent 

Older players “that can still do a job” cause more problems than they often solve. Yeah, there’re ready made and plugs a hole for the season we sign them. Yet after that, they’re just expensive bench players that’s not getting enough game time to be palmed off to the next club that needs someone that “can do a job”.  

You combine this problem with PSR and SCR and it’s essentially handcuffed Villa in to immobility. 

However, the business we’ve done has been good. We’ve bought quality and we’ve bought young. Some to improves the squad right now, and some as assests/prospects.  With players coming back from injury, our overall squad looks robust.  

it could of been better, but we have a collection of DOBs to feather dust

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The only hope is that those who’ve been cheating - like Chelsea and Citeh - get properly done over with points deductions, transfer bans, and relegation. 

If not, then the system is completely **** 

2 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Fair play to Chelsea 😂 the FA and Premier League are obviously doing nothing about it, there's something quite impressive about their brazen lack of care for the rules.

We own other clubs too. Nothing stopping us doing the same. 

We're either scared, naïve, or we know something Chelsea don't about the types of things the PL and UEFA are going to be investigating in the next year or two.

My guess is we're being careful, perhaps with some knowledge. Chelsea have an arrogance about them so they probably feel they could successfully fight any charges - we're more pragmatic.

Makes you wonder if we were ever in for Felix and alike if we can’t spend any money. We virtually have a zero net spend and still can’t sign anyone, surely it’s a wage issue and not PSR. Mad how qualifying for the CL hasn’t really benefitted us, at least short term anyway. 

22 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

while chelsea seemingly do whatever the **** they want...

kind of the same with leicester and newcastle before us, how do you break the big 6? the answer this summer looks even more like the rules are designed so that you cant

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â