Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Anyway. Piss poor window. Let's hope we can make the sales we need to before June to avoid as PSR breach and avoid injuries.

Massive disappointment. Absolutely **** baffling Diaby sale just compounds the shit window. 

Why are you saying we need money from sales in your first sentence then saying the Diaby sale is baffling to you in your second sentence?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Then all your moaning is on you. Not on anyone else. No one claimed we were good financially. If anything, people are saying we need to make more sales before next years PSR deadline day 

Yes we do need sales before next year's PSR. It didn't stop us last summer though. 

Anyway. Pretend you're not all disappointed if you want. 

Saving grace is is the gold January with Rogers and Nedeljkovic. Plus the players returning from injury. 

The summer window is not one to be positive about. More evidence of the constraints we are under. 

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Why are you saying we need money from sales in your first sentence then saying the Diaby sale is baffling to you in your second sentence?

We need big profit sales. Like Duran and Ramsey and Kamara for PSR

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Because I didn't actually think we were as financially crippled as it turns out we are. I thought we had room for a Geertruida and an Sterling.

We can't afford anything. It's that fact which is the most disappointing.

The scale of how **** we are in the PSR world is hitting home 

Fair enough!  

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Only goalkeeper and RB we are kinda weak in. every other position is solid. 

Player list

That’s the best overall squad of players we’ve had in a long time. 

I completely agree with you. Only trouble is, you could've posted this same comment in May.

We've spent a whole summer making moves and are kind of in the same position as we were at the start.

Strong midfield, but key component missing in Kamara. We need a strong backup DM for the next couple months. Sold one potential player in Tim and loaned out the replacement in Enzo. Still have Dendoncker there.

Potentially a strong defence but we leak goals.Mings is significantly injured. Questions over Carlos. Would love to move Konsa back to CB but we need a new RB to do it. So either need a RB or a CB. We have two good LBs though.

GK we have the best in the world, but we need him to play 50 Games because we don't trust the backup.

Up front is worse than in May. We still have Ollie and Duran. One is a little out of form and the other wanted out all summer.

It's a lot of moves this summer and I'm happy with Onana and Maatsen. I'm not worried about the coming season, but we've made a lot of moves to be in effectively the same situation. And sometimes change for changes sake can backfire. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We need big profit sales. Like Duran and Ramsey and Kamara for PSR

The good thing is we’re moving into a position where we can sell players for a big profit instead of constantly loaning them out until their contracts run down, like we are seeing with Dendoncker and probably Diego Carlos.

This has been a long game window, which sets us up more sustainably with a younger squad, handcuffed by PSR rules, we've done reasonably well and have good depth and strong squad to choose from.

Ideally we'll sign someone on loan tomorrow who can add something to the squad, Geertruida i haven't seen enough of to judge, but Nedeljekovic looks very promising and looks built for premier league football.

• Like 1

Four of the players we have signed, we've happily moved out to other clubs!  That shows us how good they are.  I hope we don't have another horrendous injury spate because we do not have the quality or the numbers beyond the likes of Morgan, Watkins, Onana and Bailey.  

23 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We can't afford anything. That means window is done. 

We had to sell a Carlos to buy a Geertruida.

We go with our 18yo Right Back

It's been a very poor window because of a very poor decision to sign Maatsen and that just stopped us from fixing real issues in the squad. They thought they could move other players on which never happened.

That's on Monchi, he gambled and failed 

Mate, you went super negative at the end of last season. 

If you can't get excited about this season then I'm not sure when you will 

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

And Buendia.

3 players off ACLs or similarly as bad injuries. It's a big big big ask.

IF they hit the ground running (current signs suggest they will). They’ll be huge for our squad depth.

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yes we do need sales before next year's PSR. It didn't stop us last summer though. 

Anyway. Pretend you're not all disappointed if you want. 

Saving grace is is the gold January with Rogers and Nedeljkovic. Plus the players returning from injury. 

The summer window is not one to be positive about. More evidence of the constraints we are under. 

I’m chill with what we got. 

we have a young and exciting squad. We have more than a handful of players that could end up being the best players we ever had… it’s been a while that I’ve felt this excited about our squad’s potential.

normally it’s one or two players, but now we have about 8 players that could end up being really great PL/CL players 

2 of term were signed this window and 2 others were signed in January 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Mate, you went super negative at the end of last season. 

If you can't get excited about this season then I'm not sure when you will 

I spend 98% of all the season positive. Have a rant the other 2% and people want to focus on that. 

The one thing I don't do which too many people here do, insulting our players 24/7

I'm having a rant about a legitimate failure from our recruitment and moving players on. So what ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â