Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

50 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Seeing Huijsen for Bournmouth makes me wonder why we didn't go for him if we were cherry picking players Juve would be willing to let go. He looks class and would seem to be a perfect fit behind Konsa and then as long term option at RCB.

You got robbed in Douglas deal. Monchi here made a disaster 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Seeing Huijsen for Bournmouth makes me wonder why we didn't go for him if we were cherry picking players Juve would be willing to let go. He looks class and would seem to be a perfect fit behind Konsa and then as long term option at RCB.

They probably said no. It was known they rejected some of our player requests.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jigen said:

You got robbed in Douglas deal. Monchi here made a disaster 

Same as Philogene... pretty much everyone was saying it at the time.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

On top of the reasons given he's on more wages and cost more than Iling-Junior and Barrenechea combined. If we're as tight on PSR as people make out he's an expensive backup 

8 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Didn’t Huijsen want as many minutes as possible when Juventus were selling him? That also might be a factor why he ended up at Bournemouth instead of us.

Perhaps, but he's on Bournemouth's bench and will be for league games unless they get an injury.

8 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Not sure where to put this but I’ll take it as a positive 

I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it until anything is confirmed officially, the reported injury could easily be in reference to uncertainty over Kamara’s return date, which isn’t anything different to what we already expected 

24 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

They probably said no. It was known they rejected some of our player requests.

Soule was our original first choice going by some of the reports since.

I very much doubt we'd have loaned him out within weeks of signing him going by his talent, would've been a nice fit for us to replace Diaby in the squad.

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Dream conclusion to the window would be Tomás Araújo from Benfica loan with obligation to buy. Sign Geertruida. Then someone like Sudakov or Baturina with Baumgartner being my choice for AM - sell Carlos, whatever we can with Donk and release Hause … simples 

PSG have offered him a contract and waiting for Skriniar to leave

• Like 1

4 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Philogene doesn’t play there, Ramsey used to but he isn’t as good when played CM. McGinn is a bit better there but again not his best. 
I think Enzo will be more important than people expects. If Onana wasn’t playing against tougher teams, I’d be more comfortable playing Enzo and Tielemans than Barkley and Tielemans. 

Well he clearly wasn’t gonna be that important he had his bags packed for a loan 😂

But again I’d prefer him to Barkley to play in the central midfield areas… seems more stable and less prone to mistakes and giving the ball away 

4 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Well, it has. Considering we finished 4th we haven't done a great deal to improve the side ready for Real Madrid and Barcelona (or whoever we get).

Its hard to ever be ready for those sides, i understand where your coming from… as it probably feels we’ve only made two signings in Maatsen and Onana, lets face it the rest dont feel like signings, what may make it feel worse is that it was all done very early and there is this huge gap in the window where we have been inactive, lets wait and see what happens as it isn’t shut yet….

Id expect Geertruida and and a loan for an exciting attacker, then that will conclude a 7/10 window again dependent on who that is…. If it is only Geertruida then its  a 6/10 window.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Well he clearly wasn’t gonna be that important he had his bags packed for a loan 😂

But again I’d prefer him to Barkley to play in the central midfield areas… seems more stable and less prone to mistakes and giving the ball away 

because Barkley will try make things happen while Barrenenechea will play safe passes

8 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Is a Super Jack return on the horizon? 🤔

Stan is certainly giving hints towards it in his tweets. 

Not on his wages is he coming back here, never mind anything else.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â