Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 hours ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

Yeah but what was mentioned above was a loan... if there was a permanent transfer and Emery felt he could develop him, then sure... but we're not going to loan someone for a season to just develop them for someone else at this stage.

And no I can't claim to watch Brazil U20s or Cruziero matches, I doubt many here could claim that beyond goals/highlights :D 

Think we're suggesting different things. I'd like a loan with a buy option just so we can avoid splurging cash now and we can see how he would adapt to the english game. He strikes me as being one of those players who leaves Barca for cheap, goes elsewhere where it clicks and then teams like us would be looking at him for a far larger fee (bit like Todibo or Olmo for instance). Given Barca's problems it seemed like an opportunity to get him prior to his value increasing on a favourable loan with reasonable buy figure as we'll need to start planning for Ollie's successor in the next couple of years so having Roque and Duran developing behind him seemed sensible.

Don't disagree with your view that bringing him in if only on loan would be counterproductive.

24 minutes ago, jigen said:

Yesterday a super goal of Fōtīs Iōannidīs in Panatinaikos vs Lens. He is a top talent, at cheap price. If he goes in a top league he will be worth 50m in one year. 

A n.9 with skills of a n.10. He would be perfect to play alongside Watkins. You should search him and not Sterling. 

• Like 1

useless' used 'automatic writing' technique to come up with dream end to the transfer window, the words in brackets are my conscious thoughts

LUIZ JÚNIOR (I suspect this one only happens if Olsen is sold)

Oumar Solet (I don't know about this player)

Lutsharel Geertruida (I haven't seen him play but his name, the descriptions I've read, and the highlights have caught my imagination - as this experiment shows)

Eberechi Eze (would be great, but probably too expensive, as previously stated would take Chukwuemeke back or some other of that type as cheaper alternative as rotation option)

Samu Omorodion (I think this could only happen if Duran is sold)

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, jigen said:

Yesterday a super goal of Fōtīs Iōannidīs in Panatinaikos vs Lens. He is a top talent, at cheap price. If he goes in a top league he will be worth 50m in one year. 

Would have to be a permanent transfer, since he has loanidis.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Your solution appears to be to play Konsa out of position?

Err, which is where Unai played him for a lot of last season? He played 23 games at RB and 27 games at CB. So seems like he played out of position a lot last season then.

It's nonsense that a player of Todibo's calibre wouldn't start for us. Especially when we have Cash or Carlos starting for us right now who are midtable players. 

29 minutes ago, useless said:

useless' used 'automatic writing' technique to come up with dream end to the transfer window, the words in brackets are my conscious thoughts

Lutsharel Geertruida (I haven't seen him play but his name, the descriptions I've read, and the highlights have caught my imagination - as this experiment shows)

Eberechi Eze (would be great, but probably too expensive, as previously stated would take Chukwuemeke back or some other of that type as cheaper alternative as rotation option)

Luiz Junior has already signed for Villarreal this summer.

40 minutes ago, useless said:

Sorry… what’s going on now? 

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Err, which is where Unai played him for a lot of last season? He played 23 games at RB and 27 games at CB. So seems like he played out of position a lot last season then.

It's nonsense that a player of Todibo's calibre wouldn't start for us. Especially when we have Cash or Carlos starting for us right now who are midtable players. 

Err, he played him there because we had no one else, and clearly doesn’t trust Cash. Doesn’t mean we should base our transfer policy on it.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Err, he played him there because we had no one else, and clearly doesn’t trust Cash. Doesn’t mean we should base our transfer policy on it.

Well at least we agree that we still need another defender to replace Cash/Carlos. 

• Like 2

Anything worth pilfering from the PSG bomb squad? Skriniar and a couple more not allowed to train with team apparently.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jas10 said:

If Unai comes out and speaks in glowing terms about this guy, I’ll change my tune… until then… am I not entitled to have my own opinion and view? I’ve not jumped on or responded to anyone who has an opposing view…

I don’t know, none of us do, the reality of the situation… but, I suppose I’m assuming (as we all do, most of the time on here) he has been offered to us rather than a long time target or high priority. If I see something different, I’m react accordingly. I really don’t want us to help Chelsea out and take their overpaid rejects.

My hope that it is complete and utter bullshit or click bait… and I’ve outlined exactly why I’m against it a few times so can’t be arsed to repeat it all now. Can’t we have different views without being pounced on?

We’re on a forum, discussion, speculating, having a laugh… we can see things differently and have a laugh while we go about it… no?

Why do so many take other person’s opinion so personally or get angry that said person does not agree or covert to theirs?… 🤷‍♂️

Weak arguments or comparisons aren’t of much worth…

Don’t see any comparison between either player either… more differences than anything imo.

But, hey, I’m fully aware that people don’t let go of anything or move on here 😂

-

Post on poster is a regular occurrence here btw… and I suppose we’re all guilty of it from time to time.

I’ve apologised for being out of line or over emotional many times. If my view upsets or offends anyone, I’ll apologise again but I’m not about to change it anytime soon or for anyone tbf. 👍

I agree.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and yes that’s what this forum should be about.

none of us are ITK unless stated, and that should be factored in to all our comments.

Blimey, I have taken stick for my liking for tallish athletic players….seems that’s coming home to roost now……but it’s all just opinions.

I thought posting on poster was outlawed?…..but I Don’t see the fun in that anyway.

Edited by TRO

Don’t want to mention sales again but… it would be lovely to get Hermoso, Geertruida and Baena (or similar). Just the last two would do but I would like us to be able to rest easy on the defence and have all departments covered.

17 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t want to mention sales again but… it would be lovely to get Hermoso, Geertruida and Baena (or similar). Just the last two would do but I would like us to be able to rest easy on the defence and have all departments covered.

For me Jas, I just want Geertruida.

I see the current creative boys growing in stature and improving their status, I don’t want to see that incremental progress inhibited.

I can also see Kamara playing alongside Onana and Tielemans playing in the 3in the front……depending on opposition, so he can be creative too.

I think we have enough creativity……a quality right back, with the versatility to play CB would be nifty.

We have to be mindful of keeping a big squad happy and motivated.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TRO said:

For me Jas, I just want Geertruida.

I see the current creative boys growing in stature and improving their status, I don’t want to see that incremental progress inhibited.

I can also see Kamara playing alongside Onana and Tielemans playing in the 3in the front……depending on opposition, so he can be creative too.

I think we have enough creativity……a quality right back, with the versatility to play CB would be nifty.

We have to be mindful of keeping a big squad happy.

That’s fine mate, I think defence is the priority too. Maybe another in there, depending on sales.

For me, it would be nice but not essential to have a bit extra in attack. It’s a long season and CL is a big challenge, don’t think it’s wise to rely too heavily or expect too much (especially in terms of consistency) from the youngsters too soon. Personally don’t think we should get too carried away with hype and be complacent about what we have. 

We do appear to have a better squad but we have seen how a few injuries, suspensions and fatigue can disturb (even derail) things… I’d just like to see us be in the best/strongest position and be set up for the rest of the season. The challenge is much greater than last season imo… but I do think Unai and the boys are up to it.

UTV

• Like 1

As Nassef intimated… I think we would have done much more and backed Unai more had it not been for PSR, financial restrictions and rules. Thought his comments were telling.

We’ve managed to deal with things well and stay strong… hopefully we can add one or two others to be even more formidable and PREPARED 😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

That’s fine mate, I think defence is the priority too. Maybe another in there, depending on sales.

For me, it would be nice but not essential to have a bit extra in attack. It’s a long season and CL is a big challenge, don’t think it’s wise to rely too heavily or expect too much (especially in terms of consistency) from the youngsters too soon. Personally don’t think we should get too carried away with hype and be complacent about what we have. 

We do appear to have a better squad but we have seen how a few injuries, suspensions and fatigue can disturb (even derail) things… I’d just like to see us be in the best/strongest position and be set up for the rest of the season. The challenge is much greater than last season imo… but I do think Unai and the boys are up to it.

UTV

Yeah, I get that.

thinking a bit deeper, maybe if Tielemans was injured, we may struggle for creativity, but it’s tricky to balance if he didn’t and we bought someone…..there might be some long faces.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â