Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

16 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

If Branthwaite and Guehi are valued at £70 million, why should Konsa be any less?

they are valued by their club at that figure, but clubs won't pay it.   That's fine neither club wants to sell those players.  We can also slap a £70m price on konsa but he wouldn't sell at that this year.

11 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I disagree. Konsa is a top centre half approaching his prime, an international, who can also cover right back. He's easily worth that  and there's no way Villa would sell for anything less. If City needed a player like him they would pay that. Not that I give a toss.

Liverpool would tell you to get bent for 20m for Gomez and rightly so. He's not quite as good as Konsa (few are) but still an experienced centre half with lots of great experience and still young. He's as good as Guehi who's being talked about for 60m. 

Gomez is as good as Guehi.  Please.  Guehi the England centre half.  Maybe we just agree to disagree then as it seems your view of Gomez is a much better player than I see him. 

Guehi is Harry Maguire mk2, a decent player but no where near worth 70m. He would struggle with the weight of expectation of a 70m player and I'd be very disappointed if we had 65/70 to spend and put it on Guehi.

Anderson is very average too, there has to be better value in Europe with good scouting.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Very wise words, and I agree with a lot of what you say. I think the niggling concern I have is that the important skill sets "The Joaoker" might have brought to Villa -- an ability to work the tight spaces, a bit like a Haveertz (?), seemed important in the arguments for Felix, as much as I don't think he was the exact player we needed. Duran showed a few times last year that he couldn't unlock the low block, which was sort of our Achilles, but of course, he may grow. A Duran can perhaps make up for it. I guess we'll see. He's a favorite of mine.

We may yet bring in such a player… at the very least, we have a list of targets for every position we are considering strengthening.

Unlockers - Tielemans, Buendia. 

Maybe Rogers, Bailey (incisive passing has really improved), JJ (major player to have back), McGinn and Barkley can all contribute in that sense.

Dribblers/jokers - Bailey, Rogers and JJ are excellent and powerful ball carriers. Philogene, even Barkley (see his displays for Luton).

Duran is there to finish the chances, not unlock… out and out CF. In fact, Ollie is more creative and mobile but he is our main main in terms of goalscoring. Remarkable that he finished the season with most assists in the league!

We’ve got to wait until the window actually closes to judge our business and squad accordingly… it’s not over. I would like some extra quality too.

• Like 1

Be it loaning out Kaine or signing Kane, Monchi will make deals when we don’t expect it. Let's just wait and see. I'm sure they are working just as hard to make other deals materialise. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I for one like the efficiency we've brought into the squad, give me a smaller squad with every player contributing, over a bigger squad with surplus - every single day. I'm fairly sure we will be active again, upgrading rather than adding too many extra. 

Yes and also smaller squad but more adaptable players capable of playing multiple positions. Means as injuries mount we can fill the gaps by fewer players of high quality. It's a smart way to compete on a lower budget 

• Like 1

We must be bringing in a defender… Cash being injured has exposed how light we are there now. Throwing in an 18 year old doesn’t seem wise, a lot of pressure. Carlos will probably play vs Arsenal and Ezri back to RB, but anyone gets injured in that game and we are in trouble…

Bogarde being bigged up after one or two preseason performances, when he is actually a DM, and being considered ready for PL and CL football doesn’t seem wise either…

Mings is a ways off and we don’t know how he will fare, Diego is unreliable, inconsistent and injury prone 😬

It’s a big, challenging and long season..  we need our defence to be up to it. The priority department to strengthen in… other areas feel like more of a bonus.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

or the fee, we need around 12/13m to break even. IF they were offering like £6m then it was not possible. even 8m is a big loss and we're better waiting a year and then selling him when any fee over 6m is good for us

Surely if we "lose" £6m in amortisation on him per season anyway, it's equivalent to sell for £6m now and take the £6m FFP loss now to get the wages off the books too if we wanted a replacement (on those wages) that badly? How is waiting a year to "break even" better?

That's more a hypothetical scenario anyway because I would've thought we'd be looking for £15-20m for Carlos.

29 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

Gomez is as good as Guehi.  Please.  Guehi the England centre half.  Maybe we just agree to disagree then as it seems your view of Gomez is a much better player than I see him. 

I think Gomez is better, actually. Certainly on the ball which is why he'd be a much better fit for us than Guehi for instance. They're comparable in terms of defence. And Gomez has been capped 17 times for England so far, so they're both "England defenders".

But yeah, we'll agree to disagree.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

They likely don’t give as much of a toss about the squad size as we probably do - also, see Chelsea! No care given there. Ours is definitely more financial. We need to sell players to bring another one in. 

It's nuts to have that many players hanging around when we are a season away from going to the squad cost rule.  We are doing the right thing trying to trim the fat of the squad now.

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Barely seen Badiashile and he’s apparently available (though, do we really wanna help Chelsea out)… thoughts on him?

I think he would be a very good signing.  Of course the unknown is how Mings recovers, maybe worth revisiting in January.  Loan to buy would work.  If we sold Carlos and Cash then we could get Geertruida and Badiashile in.

• Thanks 1

To compete for the top you need 4 players. 

Rb + Cb + Creative midfielder + Second striker. 

Some names:

Rb: Simakan or Geertruida (Bellanova or Thiago Santos or Assignon if you want an offensive rb). 

Cb: Lacroix. 

Creative midfielder: Matt O'Riley or Alex Baena (Koopmeiners the best but very expensive). 

Second striker: Santiago Jimenez. 

Assignon (10m) + Lacroix (15) + O'Riley (30) + Gimenez (35). You need 90m euros. 

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Andersen is miles and miles and miles better than Carlos.

It's a strange one to me as I'm wondering why Palace are open to selling him.

I've only ever seen glowing reports on him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jigen said:

Some names:

Rb: Simakan or Geertruida (Bellanova or Thiago Santos or Assignon if you want an offensive rb). 

Creative midfielder: Matt O'Riley or Alex Baena (Koopmeiners the best but very expensive). 

Assignon (10m) + Lacroix (15) + O'Riley (30) + Gimenez (35). You need 90m euros. 

Four players, none good enough for our first 11. Nope.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa82 said:

Four players, none good enough for our first 11. Nope.

Do you know them? 

Maybe they aren't very famous (yet), but they are all young and you will see in a couple of years. 

Just now Palace have bid 12m for Lacroix: very smart deal: they will sell him for 50m. You should hijack the deal. 

15 minutes ago, jigen said:

Some names:

We don;t need 4 players, 2 max.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â