Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

I reckon that Geertruida will come in, but only after we sell Carlos. I also think that Carlos will start against Arsenal and won't be sold until after that game. He was MOTM in both games against the last season and with Cash having a dodgy hamstring on Saturday I think that Unai will put Konsa at right back and not throw Kosta in at the deep end. 

With the sale of Archer we don’t even need to wait, we need to close the deal as soon as we can, then try to move on Carlos and if it doesn’t happen then he will be an extra option in defence as usual 

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

With the sale of Archer we don’t even need to wait, we need to close the deal as soon as we can, then try to move on Carlos and if it doesn’t happen then he will be an extra option in defence as usual 

I disagree. Archer was net neutral this summer, came in for £9-14m and sold for £15m. So a very small profit.

We didn't have his wages last year and don't have his wages this year so overall no saving on wages. 

So there is no extra money from selling him to spend elsewhere.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

I disagree. Archer was net neutral this summer, came in for £9-14m and sold for £15m. So a very small profit.

We didn't have his wages last year and don't have his wages this year so overall no saving on wages. 

Not sure it's ever been a money issue.

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Not sure it's ever been a money issue.

If we need to save/make £20-50m this season (as per the PSR thread), then surely money is always an issue?

Depends…if you have £10 to spend and £1 gets automatically allocated you can only spend £9 until you can recover that £1 so then you are back to the original £10.  We had a budget, Archer’s repurchase took some of that budget and now he’s gone he’s not an impact to the budget.  This could also be the situation.

Just now, ender4 said:

If we need to save/make £20-50m this season (as per the PSR thread), then surely money is always an issue?

Yes but if we buy a player tomorrow for £30m, only about £6-7m of that goes onto the PSR figure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Ignoring the fees, if there was an opportunity to go and get Sterling or Madueke, both frustrated to miss out on the team yesterday (Sterling left out entirely), would they get us over the line on replacing Diaby?

Sterling I think really adds something to the squad. Madueke would have more long term value, but could frustrate JPB, Rogers, Iling-Jnr who have competed with him at England Youth levels. 

But as we get closer to the end of the window. It's possible Chelsea becomes a hunting ground for some good value.

I wouldn't want Sterling anywhere near our club after reading that statement yesterday. That was embarrassing and lacking in class. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I also think the issue isn't the fees (as long as we're not breaking the bank) but rather the squad limit now. The club have essentially said it's 1 out before 1 in, so I think people assume that means that now Archer is gone, a player can come in. If you look at the first team squad on the OS it still has 28 players listed, so it's probably more a case of 4 or 5 out and 1 or 2 in.

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Yes but if we buy a player tomorrow for £30m, only about £6-7m of that goes onto the PSR figure.

That's true.

But doesn't SCR for Europe also start this season which means... something... not sure what it means TBH.

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Well i was working it out on the one in one out policy from the interview, but if this is the case then we need to get someone out the door moreno,carlos, cash, Dendocker  or whoever i may have missed that needs to be shifted, surely there is enough listed to make something happen 

That's true.

But doesn't SCR for Europe also start this season which means... something... not sure what it means TBH.

Wages to turnover ratio, I believe. So, if players leave, their wages can be "allocated" to a new signing.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Ignoring the fees, if there was an opportunity to go and get Sterling or Madueke, both frustrated to miss out on the team yesterday (Sterling left out entirely), would they get us over the line on replacing Diaby?

Sterling I think really adds something to the squad. Madueke would have more long term value, but could frustrate JPB, Rogers, Iling-Jnr who have competed with him at England Youth levels. 

But as we get closer to the end of the window. It's possible Chelsea becomes a hunting ground for some good value.

I wouldn’t want Sterling at all even if a reasonable deal could be had, I just don’t think he’s the player he used to be.  Then add in reality his silly wages and any fee, it would be a big no from me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Konsa just gets better and better… can potentially reach those levels. Incredibly reliable.

Pau is amazing at what he does but admittedly not amazing at the defensive side but… he will improve as well. Only completed one season with us so far 

Konsa is very good, but for me, his ball playing is decent, but not even at Mings level, let alone the likes of Pau. He isn't great in the air (decent at best), and lacks a little on the leadership side. I can't really see how he improves beyond his current level other than being even more reliable than he currently is. So I don't see a potentially world class player.

Pau reads the game so well, and is such a good passer at centre back, carries the well from the back too. But engaging defensively isn't his strong point. One on one he struggles, because he lacks acceleration and agility (have to say though he is looking a bit quicker and stronger than this time last season, and once he gets going he isn't slow). Aerially he struggles because he can't jump. 

As a pair both like to play as the covering defender, neither like to go to the ball and try to win the ball. This is main the weakness of this pairing, as they play more games together they will get better in this regard, but they can't suddenly become more aggressive and proactive as defenders. 

Out of that back 4 Maatsen is the one that is potentially world class. 

15 minutes ago, duke313 said:

With Iling-Jr and Enzo not in the squad on Saturday, could they both be going on loan?

I was thinking the same thing on the weekend.  I thought iling-Jnr was going to anyway given how stacked we are the left side but thought Enzo may stick around but depends how comfortable Unai is without him, with Kamara back next month and any other deals we have before transfer window closes.

Just now, nick76 said:

I was thinking the same thing on the weekend.  I thought iling-Jnr was going to anyway given how stacked we are the left side but thought Enzo may stick around but depends how comfortable Unai is without him, with Kamara back next month and any other deals we have before transfer window closes.

Kamara is back next month? Has anyone from the club announced thus?I always thought he was out until November.

Just now, Philosopher said:

Kamara is back next month? Has anyone from the club announced thus?I always thought he was out until November.

Emery said it. must have been in his post-match interview.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Konsa is very good, but for me, his ball playing is decent, but not even at Mings level, let alone the likes of Pau. He isn't great in the air (decent at best), and lacks a little on the leadership side. I can't really see how he improves beyond his current level other than being even more reliable than he currently is. So I don't see a potentially world class player.

Pau reads the game so well, and is such a good passer at centre back, carries the well from the back too. But engaging defensively isn't his strong point. One on one he struggles, because he lacks acceleration and agility (have to say though he is looking a bit quicker and stronger than this time last season, and once he gets going he isn't slow). Aerially he struggles because he can't jump. 

As a pair both like to play as the covering defender, neither like to go to the ball and try to win the ball. This is main the weakness of this pairing, as they play more games together they will get better in this regard, but they can't suddenly become more aggressive and proactive as defenders. 

Out of that back 4 Maatsen is the one that is potentially world class. 

Konsa is better defensively than Pau, but Pau’s ball playing abilities are far superior, however Konsa is very good on the ball nonetheless, quite comfortable and relatively only a very few mistakes, appreciate what we have 🤝

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Yeah as Duke said, Emery said it a few days ago.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â