Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

22 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Top right centre back who is good in the air so Ezri can play RB. 

I just don’t get it. He’s a very good CB and not very good RB. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Lucky we don't have anyone called Rodgers 

Can't spell one of our player's names correctly? Does he know how people here react to spelling a foreign club's name in a foreign language slightly wrong?

Edited by Monkeypuzzle

13 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I still don't think we've addressed our issues though, we've signed some players I'm really excited about don't get me wrong and I'm excited for the season for sure.

But at the start of the window I'd have said our priorities should be:

- RB to replace Cash

- CB to replace Lenglet or Carlos

- DM to cover Kamara  Onana

- GK to replace Olsen

- LW to replace Zaniolo  Buendia/ Iling-Jnr

- ST if Duran leaves   Felix

We've done a lot, but RB, CB, GK are all still needed (Probably ST too). I'm not sold on Iling-Jnr and Barrenechea yet, but hopeful they can do well in the backup LW and DM roles.

We've done a lot, and there's reasons for it (PSR), but Dougie & Diaby out and having to find replacements for them (Onana, JPB) is a lot of work and I don't think them + Maatsen fixes our problems. 

It's still early in the window so don't take this as negative. But my priority list of issues to fix is still pretty similar: RB, CB, GK and ST if Duran leaves, whilst not being convinced we've covered/upgraded Kamara and Zaniolo with Enzo & Iling

I would say the names I've added cover these 

41 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

What about De Gea as back up goalie? 

Apparently wants to be number 1 at a major club or will retire, so I read.

Edited by villan95

Hermoso and Felix finish off things very nicely in my opinion, we have to factor in home gown rules to so I think Archer could replace Duran in the squad to cover that

I think and ignore the starting X1 vs who is in but we will end the summer with 2 for each position

Martinez Gauci

Cash Kosta

Konsa Carlos

Torres Hermoso (Lenglet)

Matsan Digne

Rogers Ramsey

Onana (Luiz) Youri

Barkley (Chambers) Enzo (Tim)

Bailey Jaden (Zaniolo)

Felix (Diaby) Mcginn

Watkins Archer (Duran)

Granted some may go but you also have Iling Jnr/Dendonker/Moreno/Olson/Buendia/Kesler Hayden/Dobbin who if players go out on loan/sold in the above will slot in - I do wonder with homegrown if Kesler is back up and Kosta goes out or if Carlos goes if one of the young lads is promoted into the thinking. We will have lost Duran/Diaby/Onana but i think overall and importantly for how we play the squad will look much stronger as a whole

12 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

Hermoso and Felix finish off things very nicely in my opinion, we have to factor in home gown rules to so I think Archer could replace Duran in the squad to cover that

I think and ignore the starting X1 vs who is in but we will end the summer with 2 for each position

Martinez Gauci

Cash Kosta

Konsa Carlos

Torres Hermoso (Lenglet)

Matsan Digne

Rogers Ramsey

Onana (Luiz) Youri

Barkley (Chambers) Enzo (Tim)

Bailey Jaden (Zaniolo)

Felix (Diaby) Mcginn

Watkins Archer (Duran)

Granted some may go but you also have Iling Jnr/Dendonker/Moreno/Olson/Buendia/Kesler Hayden/Dobbin who if players go out on loan/sold in the above will slot in - I do wonder with homegrown if Kesler is back up and Kosta goes out or if Carlos goes if one of the young lads is promoted into the thinking. We will have lost Duran/Diaby/Onana but i think overall and importantly for how we play the squad will look much stronger as a whole

We will have 3 senior keepers and one youth in the first team squad. There was a big article in The Athletic about why PL clubs are signing so many keepers. It's basically because of the demands on the No1 and no2 who need to do specific training and rest time between games and the rest of the squad need GKs for training also. So PL clubs are now getting 4 GKs in and the 3rd keeper is an experienced Pro. As training needs to be at a high level. 

So we'll definitely be having 4 GKs around the First Team especially given we've European and Domestic games. While I think Martinez, Olsen and Gauci have international football games too?

I think a big squad is something to be expected now. Training is so important as is player management. So top players playing Sat Wed Sat will not do much training but we will have a deep squad so we can have sessions for those who need the time. 

We still look very light up front!

Felix coming in wont really solve our over reliance on Watkins (staying fit) as he cant play that role.

Still quite a lot of work to do for me

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a loan or two at the end of the window, maybe even Lenglet again 

I'd take Lenglet back no problem. Plenty of experience seemed a complete Pro. I'd prefer Hermoso on a 3 year deal but Lenglet is a fine backup as hopefully Mings comes back in Autumn 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â