Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m chill with Archer staying about. It’s not like he’s hogging big wages or taking up a valuable squad spot. I Also believe he’s a lot better than his stint at Sheffield Untied suggests.

Add to that a bit of Emery coaching and we might see him start to shine.

• Like 3

Archer sticking around doesn’t make sense to me, he’s definitely a downgrade on Duran so we would be weaker there.

I’d be surprised if he wasn’t sold and someone better brought in.

52 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Dunno if there’s anything to this… I mean, if we sign Felix and get rid of Duran, it’s fine to have him as a backup, will he be happy with how little he will play though? I’d rather get good money for him tbh.

I don’t think it’s unusual as he’s local and sees himself living in the area during and after his career. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him staying quite a drastic turn around from fans wanting him to start over Watkins to writing him off completely and wanting him to move on. I think it’s somewhere in between he’ll move eventually but may prove to be a  valuable backup this season.

Edited by gwi1890

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

Archer sticking around doesn’t make sense to me, he’s definitely a downgrade on Duran so we would be weaker there.

Yes he’s a downgrade but finding a player willing to play those sporadic minutes is difficult. Last season Duran was the ironically downgrade on Archer according to our fans. 

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Every danger that's the problem

Not sure who is buying him 

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes he’s a downgrade but finding a player willing to play those sporadic minutes is difficult. Last season Duran was the ironically downgrade on Archer according to our fans. 

Yeah I get that but we managed it with Ings and Duran before we reached the top 4. As a top 4 team now just reverting back to Archer who wasn’t good enough for us a year ago doesn’t seem like a progressive move.

10 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t think it’s unusual as he’s local and sees himself living in the area during and after his career. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him staying quite a drastic turn around from fans wanting him to start over Watkins to writing him off completely and wanting him to move on. I think it’s somewhere in between he’ll move eventually but may prove to be a  valuable backup this season.

Im sure a young lad on the money he is on could and probably would have multiple permanent properties he has or will buy.

16 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

If we sell Duran and replace him, AND keep Archer then I think we’re stronger. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m chill with Archer staying about. It’s not like he’s hogging big wages or taking up a valuable squad spot. I Also believe he’s a lot better than his stint at Sheffield Untied suggests.

I still think he’s off the moment a good bid comes in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I still think he’s off the moment a good bid comes in. 

Yes. If the bottom-half Prem teams aren’t looking to snap him up then he’s obviously not good enough to lead the line for a top 4 team (if Ollie’s injured). A shame it never worked for him here but he’s still got a decent future in professional football. 

17 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Huijsen is off to Bournemouth €18milion 

Then our interest wasnt serious. He wouldnt turn down CL for a relegation battle 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Dunno if there’s anything to this… I mean, if we sign Felix and get rid of Duran, it’s fine to have him as a backup, will he be happy with how little he will play though? I’d rather get good money for him tbh.

Archer signs for the Belfry. Exclusive 

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hell yes to karim! What a signing that would be

Now thats a exciting diaby replacement 

Is it?  He's had nowhere near the same level of output as Diaby had in the Bundesliga.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â