Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

With Diaby going we've lost a big amount of pace in the squad. Who's going to replace that?

Nedeljkovic, Maatsen, SIJnr, Bailey, Philogene...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ender4 said:

Have we ever had such a turnover of players?  Especially before the end of July!

Not that I can remember, I think the departure list is going to keep growing and it needed to happen, Donk, Hause, Duran, one of the left backs, maybe Cash, Bogarde and/or Archer. Add Swinkels to last years loanees like Feeney, Smith, Sousa, Chrisene, Barry, Richards. Do we keep one or both of KKH and Zych around for the Champions League quotas?

It's usually quite disruptive this sort of turnover of players, but as other posters have said there's only really 3 first teamers in at this point. I think capitalising on our newly acquired Champions League status is a great thing - make hay while the sun shines and all that. And if you're going to do this sort of overhaul, it can only be a good thing to do it early and give the new players as much of a pre-season as possible.

It's been a great summer so far IMO.

Bring on Felix

Edited by VILLAMARV
forgot the crazy Colombian dude
  • Like 1

How I’d like us to end the transfer window:

INS

Felix 

Todibo 

Beier

OUTS

Carlos

Moreno/Digne

Archer

Duran

Dendoncker 

Dobbin (loan)

Hause

Munroe 

Sousa (loan)

Squad for 24-25

GK: Martinez, Olsen, Gauci

RB: Cash, Kosta N

CB: Konsa, Torres, Todibo, Mings

LB: Maatsen, Digne/Moreno

CM: Tielemans, McGinn, Onana, Barkley, Kamara, Barrenechea

RW: Bailey, Philogene, Buendia

LW: Ramsey, Iling Jr

AM: Felix, Rogers

ST: Watkins, Beier

This is the window to make the big changes to the squad because we are an attractive place to come and play. If we can get the recruitment right this window we'll have built the squad to compete in the Top 6 for years to come. 

• Like 1

Aside from Beier, there haven't  been any striker links that I can remember, so would the plan be to keep Archer?

If Felix did come in, and with Buendia back, they might be able to provide his kind of service perhaps?

We will have lost 3 of the players from last season who could play as a striker (Duran, Zaniolo, Diaby, though those last two were never convincing options in that position) and gained at most  2 (Archer, Rogers). Given many were saying at the beginning of last season we were light at striker, we would be even lighter  now. So can any of the youth players step up, or are there realistic options to replace Archer?

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

This is the window to make the big changes to the squad because we are an attractive place to come and play. If we can get the recruitment right this window we'll have built the squad to compete in the Top 6 for years to come. 

The profile of the players we are signing excites me so much.  Not just in terms of what they can provide this season but, like you say, what they can do over the next 3, 5, 7 seasons.  When you add in players like Rogers, Ramsey, Ned, etc it's pretty incredible.  Especially when you look back at the squad NSWE inherited (and that's no slight on most of those players - who played an important role in kick-starting this journey).  The number of my non-Villa mates who are messaging me with either - "wow you guys are seriously nailing this window" or "how the **** are you doing this?" is just mad. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Aside from Beier, there haven't  been any striker links that I can remember, so would the plan be to keep Archer?

If Felix did come in, and with Buendia back, they might be able to provide his kind of service perhaps?

We will have lost 3 of the players from last season who could play as a striker (Duran, Zaniolo, Diaby, though those last two were never convincing options in that position) and gained at most  2 (Archer, Rogers). Given many were saying at the beginning of last season we were light at striker, we would be even lighter  now. So can any of the youth players step up, or are there realistic options to replace Archer?

I think Rogers can play that position.  Play him in front of Felix, Ramsey and Bailey and I think he'd do a job.  Obviously it's a risk and a different role for him.  But physically he's perfect and there's a lot of Ollie about him - so it wouldn't require a huge change in the way we play.

20 minutes ago, allani said:

I think Rogers can play that position.  Play him in front of Felix, Ramsey and Bailey and I think he'd do a job.  Obviously it's a risk and a different role for him.  But physically he's perfect and there's a lot of Ollie about him - so it wouldn't require a huge change in the way we play.

Didn't Ollie originally play on the left same as Rogers, before being moved to centre?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Apologies if already posted!

I know someone has called out Karim Konate on here so looks like we are trying for the next one.

Brighton eat your heart out!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

He might score goals but he can gtfo with his “you’ve got a tiny cock” celebration.

Some fans might object to that 👀

Also, is that Felix in the background? 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, allani said:

I think he could do, but in the nightmare Ollie leg break  scenario, this is a real push. He would need  a lot of coaching in that position  and it would take time.

Duran is such a shame, as he's  the right kind of profile we need there (young, lots of potential). Though you could argue that with the limitations on squad numbers, we need to minimise the number of players who can only play one position.  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â