Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

49 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If he's not back until say mid-october, and we play Konsa at right back, are you happy with Feeney and Swinkels as back up?

No id say we need a new RB and Konsa goes back to CB personally (ideally a Hybrid RB/RCB)  Feeney and Swinkels may start for domestic cup games possibly but not PL or UCL at this time

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

From their article, I can't find mention of it on his twitter account. 

I think he'd be a good signing. But obviously not at the expense of Ramsey. He covers 3 positions for us and could let us be more comfortable playing tielemans as a 10.

JJ’s going nowhere and we don’t need Gio.

• Like 1

Whilst we have done good business and have a stronger squad it's still debatable whether the team that starts the season will be stronger than our best 11 last season.

At this moment in time that is.

• Like 2

Just now, RicRic said:

No id say we need a new RB and Konsa goes back to CB personally (ideally a Hybrid RB/RCB)  Feeney and Swinkels may start for domestic cup games possibly but not PL or UCL at this time

That would still only leave us three senior CB's though - if Mings isn't back, I think we need to add one even if we're keeping Carlos and using Konsa as a CB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

There’s no way our current structure look at Giovanni and think he will bring us to a new level lol Unless Unai rates him extremely high.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

That would still only leave us three senior CB's though - if Mings isn't back, I think we need to add one even if we're keeping Carlos and using Konsa as a CB.

Yeah we need to sign a CB if thats the case  but i dont think we would go into the new season with that being the case. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Yeah we need to sign a CB if thats the case  but i dont think we would go into the new season with that being the case. 

Neither do I. I think it should be our priority along with a replacement for Duran when he eventually goes.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Neither do I. I think it should be our priority along with a replacement for Duran when he eventually goes.

Yeah i see at least 2 incomings possibly 3, i like Matty Cash but sadly i think he’s reached his ceiling with us, he is definitely a great back up but Kosta is showing great potential to be that as it stands. I have a strong feeling that we will bolster the attack area with João Felix and no idea about who comes in on the defence part. 

22 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Assignon to right back and a cheap, reliable and Premier League proven RCB too would be ideal. 

we’d seriously only need two more signings after that to complete a full and utter “out of the park” rebuild. Would just have to focus on moving on 3/4 players. Donk, Digne/Moreno, Archer.

if we ended up with Felix, Assignon, Kiliscoy and say a Chalobah that would cap an extraordinary window by Monchi.

Edited by CroVillan

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst we have done good business and have a stronger squad it's still debatable whether the team that starts the season will be stronger than our best 11 last season.

I agree

However - our best 11 last season was good enough to almost  go top of the league at Christmas. So our first 11 was competing with Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool for the first half of the season. 

What then happened was that we had injuries and suspensions, and insufficient squad depth to cope.
If we have that depth now, then that would be a massive improvement on our prospects for the season ahead. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Its much stronger than what finished the season. Our best 11 last season was genuine title challengers. 

25 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Assignon to right back and a cheap, reliable and Premier League proven RCB too would be ideal. 

we’d seriously only need two more signings after that to complete a full and utter “out of the park” rebuild. Would just have to focus on moving on 3/4 players. Donk, Digne/Moreno, Archer.

if we ended up with Felix, Assignon, Kiliscoy and say a Chalobah that would cap an extraordinary window by Monchi.

Not a fan of Chalobah tbh, dont think he would be needed for us, im happy keeping one of Digne or Moreno however, would probably choose Digne as he offers something different and better defensively, dont know much about Kiliscoy or Assignon. 

Plenty tweets saying the window is the best ever or 10/10 must understand quantity is not quality, we have signed a good amount of players but some would not have been chosen if it was not for forced deals due to FFP, you would need to look at players we have gone after directly such as Onana and Barkley, we don’t know how it plays out either but id say remain patient before getting too excited and wait until all our business is done.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â