Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

53 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So £51m sale so £23m profit. Hopefully easy to hit add ons. 

That's the sale but we don't know exactly what he cost and if the add on's that were in the deal from Leverkusen take anything from this sale.

No possible way to work out the PSR profit.

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t think so, with the additions of Onana, Barkley and Barrenechea (to add to McGinn and Kamara, with Tielemans there to provide the class and creativity) we have plenty of “steel” in midfield now.

Having a creative and dangerous no. 10 would give us that extra edge in attack. Again, maybe the intention is to solidify midfield and allow the forwards to attack and create more - more onus there.

If we have a “soft spot”, it’s in defence… an imposing CB would be a big help.

We have big Emi too… hard to sum up just how much he brings to our side. Powerful presence.

Don’t think we are lacking too much in the way of fight/spirit/determination… 

I would place more of a question over creativity and attacking sharpness, even if that looks pretty good.

We have lost two big contributors in Dougie and Diaby though…

Groundhog day Jas 😂👍

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

That's the sale but we don't know exactly what he cost and if the add on's that were in the deal from Leverkusen take anything from this sale.

No possible way to work out the PSR profit.

Add ons in the deal with Leverkusen have no impact on the sale. They are accounted for if / when triggered. We have Ornstein and others who reported Diaby cost us €40m / £34.6m. 20% of that has been amortised so his remaining book value is £27.68m so any sale above that is booked as profit. So around £20m profit + add ons is what we'll make from this. It's not very difficult to calculate, add ons are not going to be much of total fee €5m at most maybe

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MSvillain said:

Diaby announced by Fabrizio now.

You would imagine we are close on a 'replacement' if we've signed it off

Not necessarily we have plenty time to find that 

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Add ons in the deal with Leverkusen have no impact on the sale. They are accounted for if / when triggered. We have Ornstein and others who reported Diaby cost us €40m / £34.6m. 20% of that has been amortised so his remaining book value is £27.68m so any sale above that is booked as profit. So around £20m profit + add ons is what we'll make from this. It's not very difficult to calculate, add ons are not going to be much of total fee €5m at most maybe

Sorry mate, I am right. It isn't possible, it's guess work on this one.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Wes said:

I wasn't going to post this, because it is absolutely baseless speculation, but sometimes people seem to like that on here! So with that notes from the start....

The private jet that went to Senegal when they sent a delegation to speak to Onana whilst he was on holiday, and that was also in Slovakia at the weekend (I assume for the pre-season game or it's a huge coincidence), tonight flew to Barcelona (via Mallorca yesterday).

I think we may try for Nico now Diaby has gone, but I don't think he wants to leave Spain.

My suspicion is we may end up funding Barca's purchase of Nico - We have been linked to Fermin and Kounde this spring. Ferran we were supposedly interested in last summer. They are trying to offload Vitor Roque too. Any of those seem possible options.

Ferran Torres would be somewhat logical if Duran as leaving, given he can play ST/SS. That is If he’s willing to come this time.

Not so sad about Diaby leaving as I was Luiz. We’ve definitely lost a lot of output in our side from them two though. 

You’d think one more big signing would arrive this summer now. 

I'm not sure it's very possible that it could happen. But I'll leave it there. I have been told that with Diaby's money, Villa wants to sign Nico Williams. I doubt that he will be able to go to Villa instead of Barcelona, but they do have the money. I'll leave it there....@RossAftbl

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I'm not sure it's very possible that it could happen. But I'll leave it there. I have been told that with Diaby's money, Villa wants to sign Nico Williams. I doubt that he will be able to go to Villa instead of Barcelona, but they do have the money. I'll leave it there....@RossAftbl

He has a follow up tweet basically saying " The same friend told me they would be signing Pau Torres " 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Wes said:

I wasn't going to post this, because it is absolutely baseless speculation, but sometimes people seem to like that on here! So with that notes from the start....

The private jet that went to Senegal when they sent a delegation to speak to Onana whilst he was on holiday, and that was also in Slovakia at the weekend (I assume for the pre-season game or it's a huge coincidence), tonight flew to Barcelona (via Mallorca yesterday).

I think we may try for Nico now Diaby has gone, but I don't think he wants to leave Spain.

My suspicion is we may end up funding Barca's purchase of Nico - We have been linked to Fermin and Kounde this spring. Ferran we were supposedly interested in last summer. They are trying to offload Vitor Roque too. Any of those seem possible options.

Kounde and Torres would both make sense for our system and would be very astute. Roque has a huge future and is protracted as the second next big in Brazilian football after Endrick, but would need a loan or two first. Dont know much of Fermin. 

1 hour ago, Wes said:

Barcelona need money for Nico Williams. His wage demands are way, way outside of our current structure.

I wonder if we might be tempted to go in for someone such as

• Fermin Lopez
  • Vitor Roque
  • Ferran Torres
  • Jules Kounde

Lopez is a crap passer for a central midfield role.
Roque - just no

Torres I can get on board with

I don'y fancy Kounde at all, for me he is a centre back and not the right one for us in that role.

• Like 1

I’ll be ok with a kid there called Lamine Yamal.  He’s only 17 years old but in a few years time I think he could break into our first team.  He’s one to look out for in the future mark my words…

• Haha 3

There was an article in the athletic there a couple of weeks ago on Diaby leaving. The journalist said that Nico Williams was Emery’s primary target last summer and we only switched to Diaby once Williams ruled out the move.

That does make Diaby leaving make a bit of sense if he wasn’t top priority to begin with. Will be interesting to see who his replacement will be….

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â