Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

ONE.  We've taken back one player, Archer, and he counts as homegrown so doesn't fill a squad A-list space.

but he'd take up a PL squad spot, and we are already close on that limit

Just now, Philosopher said:

Anyone else think that Philogene's arrival signals Diaby departing?

yeah, especially looking at the PL registration numbers. I don't see how we sign Philogene without someone unexpected departing. 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Not as a replacement. 

Diaby’s replacement is coming after 

I would say Diaby's replacement is Philogene, BUT there will be a another attacking signing in addition to a quality striker coming in to replace Duran.

Beier, and Toney is my guess.

Tell you what’s mad. We’ve signed Maatsen, Iling Junior, Barrenechea, Philogene, Barkley and Dobbin…

And we’ve still got £100m landing soon for Duran and Diaby. 

What are we cooking here??

• Like 4

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Tell you what’s mad. We’ve signed Maatsen, Iling Junior, Barrenechea, Philogene, Barkley and Dobbin…

A big money striker, and big money central midfielder, and hopefully a big money centre back too!

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

A big money striker, and big money central midfielder, and hopefully a big money centre back too!

You are so right.  Couldn't agree more.  

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its looking like a big turnover of players this summer from a previously settled squad. Some of that has obviously been forced on us, some of it not. I just hope it doesn't cause a major disruption at the beginning of the season.

Luiz is the only outgoing player that disrupts the first team though. We spent the last couple of months having to play the fittest 10 available outfield players, almost regardless of form or position, so we clearly needed to add a lot more options to the squad.

I think this is a valid CL squad (Kamara left out of the initial squad, unless another long term injury happens to someone). Club trained in green and hypothetical signings in italics.

Martinez, Gauci, Sinisalo
Diakite, Nedeljkovic (+Konsa)
Konsa, Hermoso (+Diakite)
Torres, Mings
Maatsen, Illing Jr (+Hermoso)
Merino, Barrenechea
Tielemans, Barkley (+McGinn)
McGinn, Bailey, JPB (+ Buendia)
Ramsey, Rogers (+Felix)
Felix, Buendía (+Tielemans)
Watkins, Beier, Archer (+Rogers)

Out (158m)

Olsen (Free)
Digne (10m)
Moreno (10m)
Cash (25m)
Carlos (5m)
Diaby (60m)
Duran (40m)
Dendonker (4m)
Revan\Bogarde\Chrisene (4m)

In (158m)

Diakite (25m)
Hermoso (Free)
Merino (45m)
Felix (45m)
JPB (13m)
Beier (30m)

Obviously in practical terms it would work out much more expensive than a net spend of 0, and some of those values may be off, but with the massive increase in revenue, and getting some big contracts off the wage bill, it should still be doable.

I thought Diakite looked exactly what we need at RB when we played Lille. He's fast, strong, great in the air, comfortable on the ball and has played regularly at full back and center back.

Hermoso gives us tactical flexibility if we want to play Nedeljkovic\JPB at RWB.

Merino is similar to Luiz as primarily a passer, but he also gets stuck in defensively and can play in a double pivot until we get Kamara back, if Barrenechea isn't ready to step up immediately. He's also great in the air.

Felix has world class ability and potential, so if Emery can get the best out of him, he'd be an incredible signing.

JPB has played Wing Back, and covers both wings. He looked great in pre-season last year, and had he stayed, he'd have played plenty with all the injuries we had.

I don't want to sell Duran, because I love the potential and the chaos he brings when we need a goal and he comes on. But if he's not worth the hassle off the pitch, and we can sign an exciting talent like Beier while turning a profit, it could make sense.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

And yet people still don’t see where I’m coming from when I say things are chaotic! This is madness! 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

And yet people still don’t see where I’m coming from when I say things are chaotic! This is madness! 

And great madness. Don't want it to be boring do you?

Just now, Pongo Waring said:

And great madness. Don't want it to be boring do you?

God no. I hate boring, as people very well know. It’s a risky madness though… I honestly thought, at the start of this window, that we would lose one of either Luiz, or Martinez. (And some of the obvious ones like Chambers). I then thought that we bring in just 3 signings of real quality. At the minute… it feels like a rebuild. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â