Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

12 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Back running supposedly so I don't think October/November is out of the question.

Ok, I’d be surprised but let’s go with your timeline, he won’t be match fit until at least December then…I think we’d be lucky if close to that.

16 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Going to get some sh*t for this but considering how Luiz played 2nd half of last season I think Barkley will be an upgrade.

So he was moved out of position, he’d lost Kamara and every week seem to have a new partner plus playing over 50 games.  I don’t think Barkley is close to Dougie level and I don’t anybody would argue that Dougie 1st half of the season was hands down better than anything we’ve seen from Barkley.  Relying on Barkley when trying to contest CL league placing again, actually being in the CL and two domestic cups seems a silly idea.  Plus Barkley has had one good season in how many years?  We have all seen what Barkley was like before Luton, and Luton was his last chance saloon which he did really well for but it was for a relegated team.  I’m hopeful and glad he’s joined but to compare him to Dougie is not a starter of a conversation for me as it’s laughable.

21 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I also think Enzo will be ready and surprise some people.

I’m really hopeful on him but new country, language, culture and pace of the league.  It’s a real step up for him and I’m hopeful but banking on him from year one is a huge risk.

I’d be really disappointed and surprised if another CM didn’t come in because losing Dougie has left a big hole imo.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Hopefully not in any deal that involves JJ going the other way, but I’d gladly take Lo Celso in a reasonably priced deal. Unai has worked with him before, good squad option imo!

Don’t we need more than squad options now though.  We need to think of making current players the squad players like we did with bringing Maatsen in which pushes Digne/Moreno down the pecking order.  We have a massive CL campaign, league and domestic cups season coming up.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Where did I mention ffp in that statement?

or even imply it?

or suggested it?

or tabled an offer to it? 

or even build a table to table the bid? 

Yes you did, you said use that money. There is no such thing as use that money when you are watching your loss limit. The owners have always injected the maximum into the club

27 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Emery worked with him before, they had a bid knocked back which included him etc. He’s never impressed me at Prem level but was by all accounts very good at Villarreal and still gets in a very good Argentina team so he must have something managers like. 

Personally I'm not that keen on it but we didn’t go for Wieffer, we now have missed out on Fofana, so I’m starting to doubt we are going to spend any money on this position and if we do get someone here it will be part of a swap deal.

Still early days in the transfer window I wouldn’t rule any type of deals yet.  Most of the business for all clubs will happen once the euros tournament is finished, it’s always the way.

3 hours ago, MSvillain said:

Please expand...

If we sell Diaby for £50m are you saying there is no PSR benefit?

Depends what you sign him for and how long his deal is. 
If it was 50m and a 5 year then his book value is now 40.

if you get rid of him for 40m then there is no loss or profit, it does however free up 10m of amortisation each year for the next 4 years.

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

IMG_7236.jpeg.d56955c1379253069381021063c84340.jpeg

I was refreshing assuming we’d finally signed Wesley Sneijder.

Or Hanz Krankle

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yes you did, you said use that money. There is no such thing as use that money when you are watching your loss limit. The owners have always injected the maximum into the club

You’re really stretching here mate.

not what I said and not what I was implying 

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So he was moved out of position, he’d lost Kamara and every week seem to have a new partner plus playing over 50 games.  I don’t think Barkley is close to Dougie level and I don’t anybody would argue that Dougie 1st half of the season was hands down better than anything we’ve seen from Barkley.  Relying on Barkley when trying to contest CL league placing again, actually being in the CL and two domestic cups seems a silly idea.  Plus Barkley has had one good season in how many years?  We have all seen what Barkley was like before Luton, and Luton was his last chance saloon which he did really well for but it was for a relegated team.  I’m hopeful and glad he’s joined but to compare him to Dougie is not a starter of a conversation for me as it’s laughable.

I think he'd been poor the previous 2-3 months WITH Kamara next to him. I'm not expecting Barkley to necessarily start for what it's worth, I'm just saying I think he can do a good job. I suspect when everyone is fit it will be Kamara-Tielemans or Kamara-McGinn if we go with what we have now. Tielemans and McGinn also played as the 2 in a couple of our best performances towards the end of the season.

Edited by villan95

31 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

IMG_7236.jpeg.d56955c1379253069381021063c84340.jpeg

I was refreshing assuming we’d finally signed Wesley Sneijder.

Wesley Sneijder, Mark Van Bommel, Jermaine Defoe triple signing.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Don’t we need more than squad options now though.  We need to think of making current players the squad players like we did with bringing Maatsen in which pushes Digne/Moreno down the pecking order.  We have a massive CL campaign, league and domestic cups season coming up.

I get what you’re saying, but provided he is cheap then it’s an Argentina international with plenty of European experience, and has played for our manager. 
It’s money they could go towards another player, I know in an ideal world that we buy players that make McGinn, Tielemans etc into the reserves, but we just don’t have the money for that. If we can upgrade on the weaker members of the squad then it does make us stronger imo.

9 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I think he'd been poor the previous 2-3 months WITH Kamara next to him. I'm not expecting Barkley to necessarily start for what it's worth, I'm just saying I think he can do a good job. I suspect when everyone is fit it will be Kamara-Tielemans or Kamara-McGinn if we go with what we have now. Tielemans and McGinn also played as the 2 in a couple of our best performances towards the end of the season.

Kamara got injured early Feb, so you think Dougie was poor Jan and Dec, and potentially November?  I can’t agree with that.

Again you include Kamara in our best two for the season but he’s going to miss a quarter to a third of the season before he has chance to get match fit and that’s if he comes back as good and has no reoccurrence or secondary injuries.  

McGinn has only been moved into the two under Emery when we have been desperate.  

The only fixture is Tielemans in a season with CL, league and domestic cups….we need quality, we aren’t coming to do it half arsed.  

We don’t seem to agree so we shall just have to wait and see.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I get what you’re saying, but provided he is cheap then it’s an Argentina international with plenty of European experience, and has played for our manager. 
It’s money they could go towards another player, I know in an ideal world that we buy players that make McGinn, Tielemans etc into the reserves, but we just don’t have the money for that. If we can upgrade on the weaker members of the squad then it does make us stronger imo.

I don’t think he makes to bench for us with Barkley and Enzo ahead of him. Then others subs will include the likes of Diaby and Rogers. I just don’t see the point of bringing him in, just another Dendoncker level (not style of course) of player.

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Kamara got injured early Feb, so you think Dougie was poor Jan and Dec, and potentially November?  I can’t agree with that.

Again you include Kamara in our best two for the season but he’s going to miss a quarter to a third of the season before he has chance to get match fit and that’s if he comes back as good and has no reoccurrence or secondary injuries.  

McGinn has only been moved into the two under Emery when we have been desperate.  

The only fixture is Tielemans in a season with CL, league and domestic cups….we need quality, we aren’t coming to do it half arsed.  

We don’t seem to agree so we shall just have to wait and see.

I think he lost his form sometime around December yeah.

Don't get me wrong I would be delighted to see another quality midfielder come in, I'm just suggesting why I think it might not happen. And why I don't think it would be the end of the world.

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Jules kunde and pepelu to sort out right back and dm then just really looking for a replacement for duran.

spacer.png

• Haha 4

We’re going to see a huge turnover of players this summer. They aren’t messing around. We build the squad around the following:

Martinez
Konsa
Torres
Kamara
McGinn
Tielemans
Rogers
Ramsey
Bailey
Watkins
+ The new signings

Everyone else is expendable for the right price. There’s no point messing around and Monchi/Emery won’t bother. Players like Diaby, Buendia, Cash, Carlos, Digne, Moreno etc. can all go.

This is Emery’s champions league villa and sentiment has no place in their thinking.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’re going to see a huge turnover of players this summer. They aren’t messing around. We build the squad around the following:

Martinez
Konsa
Torres
Kamara
McGinn
Tielemans
Rogers
Ramsey
Bailey
Watkins
+ The new signings

Everyone else is expendable for the right price. There’s no point messing around and Monchi/Emery won’t bother. Players like Diaby, Buendia, Cash, Carlos, Digne, Moreno etc. can all go.

This is Emery’s champions league villa and sentiment has no place in their thinking.

Honestly, I'd say the only players there that are not expendable for a price are Watkins, Martinez, & Torres. I think everyone else would be sold if the price is right. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â