Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

14 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Maatsen and Illing will both want to start. I'm assuming we'll be pushing one further forward (probably illing) and keeping one as full back/wing back? 

Maatsen will most likely be the number one choice at LB, illing jr id imagine isnt as good as him or ramsey in that further forward position, but he would be used in rotation and may be able to play in both positions is my guess, when we play a more attacking game, we would be able to switch style of play but who knows other than Emery what the plans are.

Just now, RicRic said:

Maatsen will most likely be the number one choice at LB, illing jr id imagine isnt as good as him or ramsey in that further forward position, but he would be used in rotation and may be able to play in both positions is my guess, when we play a more attacking game, we would be able to switch style of play but who knows other than Emery what the plans are.

True, but I was under the impression that the deal took so long because Illing wanted assurances of playing time. Appreciate that was just rumours, but I saw it in a couple of sources. 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Based on nothing other than gut feeling and on how left lopsided our squad is at the moment, I can't shake the feeling that if we do end up buying one of the high-priced players we've been linked with towards the front end of the pitch, that it will mean cashing in on JJ to Spurs.

EDIT : Actually I just remembered he's our only club trained player for the CL squad who is first team viable, so perhaps not. Otherwise we've a 21 man squad for the CL.

I have been through the exact san thought process. Would be gutted if he went though, we really should be holding on to him. 

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nailed it!

We'll call it " The Iron Oval " in defense and " The Arrow " in attack!

I was thinking we could call it the 'Villanous[sic] egg formation'. 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â