Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

12 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I think Joao Felix would be a good signing. We have a lot of LW options and a lot of RW options, but signing someone who could play off Watkins could be great.

I feel this too. 

Diaby and Bailey are reasonably similar and they're more dribblers, pacy players that prefer to be out wide (IMO). We also have the same on the other side in Ramsey and Rogers.
What we don't have is that archetypal no.10 who is comfortable on the half turn and in tight spaces to unlock defences. Look, I thought Grealish was excellent at it and I think had he gone anywhere but City, he'd be getting 10 goals and 10 assists a season playing off a front man.

Could Felix be that player? Could Baena be that player? I actually think Rogers could really be moulded into that player. 

Either way, I'd love a real classy player behind Watkins with the likes of Bailey and McGinn rotating on the right depending on opposition and stage of the game. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Isa said:

More sense since the presidential change in fairness. And their Sporting Director was reportedly our first choice ahead of Monchi. 

They are still pulling financial levers for money they dont have. Alemany we got away with not hiring

Stuff getting away with it at Barca wouldnt be accepted by the Premier League

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They are still pulling financial levers for money they dont have. Alemany we got away with not hiring

Stuff getting away with it at Barca wouldnt be accepted by the Premier League

How revenue is generated is not a Sporting Director's job though. It would be like blaming Monchi for Heck's failures. 

3 hours ago, MSvillain said:

My mates a West Ham fan and just sent me this from their forum, who knows what ‘all in’ means though! 

IMG_9697.thumb.jpeg.30b6a71e0e0ec18414305abb9046cb97.jpeg

Seems like he's going to West Ham as part of the deal with Downes going the other way so it's obviously not going to happen, but I'd take KWP at Villa to be honest. Think he's a quality, criminally underrated player. Albeit probably not the kind of right back we need at the moment.

44 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

I’d be up for signing Joao Felix. Think he’d be great under Emery, and a permanent home. 

Chiesa is finished. Sorry @Jas10.

spacer.png

If Mings, Buendia, Ramsey and Kamara aren’t “finished”…

then Chiesa certainly isn’t… (who played in the worst Italy team I’ve ever witnessed).

Barely anyone has patience (or much sympathy) with players today.

Once again, there’s no better endorsement than that of Unai’s and if he believes he can revive a player’s form/career… whether that be Félix, Chiesa or anyone else, who are we to  argue?

Basically, all doubts or fears should be allayed if we sign a player of Unai’s choosing.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Tactically Felix would make a lot of sense with the system we play. We've played Diaby a number of times as a right sided CF/SS off Ollie. Felix is Mr. Right-sided-SS. He'd fit that role perfectly.

No hes on the left side of play 👍

32 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I think Joao Felix would be a good signing. We have a lot of LW options and a lot of RW options, but signing someone who could play off Watkins could be great.

I was never that big on him, always thought that as much as his natural ability is there to be seen he's always flattered to deceive at the top level.

...but at the same time I agree, on a purely footballing level I think he'd be a great fit. I feel like part of why he's struggled previously is that he's a player that probably needs a specific position or system to flourish in and he's often not had that, whereas that second striker role Villa have used feels like it's absolutely made for Felix and his qualities. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If Mings, Buendia, Ramsey and Kamara aren’t “finished”…

then Chiesa certainly isn’t… (who played in the worst Italy team I’ve ever witnessed).

Barely anyone has patience (or much sympathy) with players today.

Once again, there’s no better endorsement than that of Unai’s and if he believes he can revive a player’s form/career… whether that be Félix, Chiesa or anyone else, who are we to  argue?

Basically, all doubts or fears should be allayed if we sign a player of Unai’s choosing.

You’re right. As mentioned hundreds of times before, I watch Juve a lot and Chiesa is definitely not finished.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I feel this too. 

Diaby and Bailey are reasonably similar and they're more dribblers, pacy players that prefer to be out wide (IMO). We also have the same on the other side in Ramsey and Rogers.
What we don't have is that archetypal no.10 who is comfortable on the half turn and in tight spaces to unlock defences. Look, I thought Grealish was excellent at it and I think had he gone anywhere but City, he'd be getting 10 goals and 10 assists a season playing off a front man.

Could Felix be that player? Could Baena be that player? I actually think Rogers could really be moulded into that player. 

Either way, I'd love a real classy player behind Watkins with the likes of Bailey and McGinn rotating on the right depending on opposition and stage of the game. 

I agree, despite it not being a priority (need to strengthen defensively) and us having players who can play and do well there…

having a proper or out-and-out SS or CAM (number 10) with superior technical quality could take our attack to another level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

You’re right. As mentioned hundreds of times before, I watch Juve a lot and Chiesa is definitely not finished.

They are my Italian team (family) and I also agree. If anybody can get him back to his best, it is the man who turned Bailey around when his Villa career was 'finished'.

Just now, Indigo said:

Delete

Are you a Cyberman?

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Personally, I’d love to have a player at Villa who dominated and shined in an international competition - Italy wouldn’t have won that Euros without him imo. World class on his day - and a manager like Unai can bring that out in such a player. He’ll look much better in our side too.

Is it another case of: form is temporary, class is permanent?

It’s not a signing I expect anyway as we are stacked with wide players. And one I wouldn’t have thought was realistic previously.

But again, I’m totally on board (and would be particularly pleased with this one) if Unai wants him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I was never that big on him, always thought that as much as his natural ability is there to be seen he's always flattered to deceive at the top level.

...but at the same time I agree, on a purely footballing level I think he'd be a great fit. I feel like part of why he's struggled previously is that he's a player that probably needs a specific position or system to flourish in and he's often not had that, whereas that second striker role Villa have used feels like it's absolutely made for Felix and his qualities. 

He's also gone from Atleti, where realistically he was never going to thrive under Simeone, to 2 basket case clubs in Chelsea and Barca

Definitely think Emery can work his magic here and get him back on the right track

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

2 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

They are my Italian team (family) and I also agree. If anybody can get him back to his best, it is the man who turned Bailey around when his Villa career was 'finished'.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Personally, I’d love to have a player at Villa who dominated and shined in an international competition - Italy wouldn’t have won that Euros without him imo. World class on his day - and a manager like Unai can bring that out in such a player. He’ll look much better in our side too.

Is it another case of: form is temporary, class is permanent?

It’s not a signing I expect anyway as we are stacked with wide players. And one I wouldn’t have thought was realistic previously.

But again, I’m totally on board (and would be particularly pleased with this one) if Unai wants him.

He played an awful lot just behind (Kenneth) Vlahovic as a front 2 last season, so could be targeted for that role, as would Felix.

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

No hes on the left side of play 👍

He's played on both wings, but mostly when I've seen clips of him at Atletico he's been central, and appears to have made most appearances (165) as a central SS, whether drifting in from left or right from a number 10 spot. He's also right footed, so if we played him centrally, he's gonna move into the right hand channel. With Iling, and Maatsen, I doubt we'd play him out left except when there is an injury. 

Let's face it he's versatile and can play anywhere along the front line. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â