Williams--Watkins--Bailey
--------------------Felix-----------------------
Maatsen- Barrenechea-Kamara- Dumfries
---------Pau - Huijsen -Konsa--------------
---------------- Martinez-----------------------

Mamma Mia!

-30 points deduction to get that team

• Haha 3

Only just realised Dean Huijsen represents Spain and not the Netherlands … Come and join the Spanish revolution and in my head makes it more likely now he’ll join for some reason 

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Who are peoples favourite players of the tournament so far, which people feel may also be attainable, and useful for us? ( Without murdering  our FFP )

If we hadn't signed so many left backs already I would have loved Mittelstadt from Stuttgart, playing for Germany. 

Maybe Guler on a loan, can't see him getting game time at Madrid and think he'd fit our system well. 

Feel like the "transfer based on tournament performance" is a thing of the past now, if you look at some of the good performers at their club level and record you're immediately put off. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Who are peoples favourite players of the tournament so far, which people feel may also be attainable, and useful for us? ( Without murdering  our FFP )

I’m sticking with my current list 

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

When Felix comes he’s not on penalties for us.

Only we could have two top strikers, in the champions League for the first time in decades.... And not be able to trust either of them on penalties

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Georges Mikautadze

I also loved watching Georgian Prime Jack Grealish, Kvaratskhelia, but he's unobtainable.

• Like 1

Someone keeps pimping Jonathan David, but I've seen him play about 15 times now and I don't see it at all. He's athletic and makes good runs, but his technique is terrible. His touch is heavy and he's a poor finisher. I've never seen him hold a ball up. He'd be a terrible backup for Ollie and doesn't offer any of the game changing chaos, nor has the superstar potential that Duran does. He's a modern day Benjani. Definitely a useful player, but not a guy that's going to add anything to a top team. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, John said:

I read somewhere that he was at Villa before Spurs came in for him. Leeds players have a bit of a "thing" about us for some reason, I agree he will be a top player, but perhaps after talks we didn't take it any further because of the way he/his agent approached those talks, or it might be that his demands were thought to be excessive. It seems the fee was not a problem, so he might have not have wanted to make a decision, so that clubs he may have preferred would have the opportunity to come in for him. His not coming to us, may have not been down to us and it could yet to prove to be a mistake that he will in time regret, rather than something we will. ;)

If the rumours are true I find it quite encouraging we had 40m to spend on an 18 years old.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Been impressed with Ndoye. He's club numbers were crap but he's been a constant threat in this tournament. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Kante has been immense as usual - not for a Villa link but he’s just a machine.

I think the kids have been my favourite but all out of Villa’s league from Yamal, Musiala, Williams, Guler, Wirtz

As for Villa

Nico Williams I think he’s not going to leave his club anyway but if he was we wouldn’t have a chance.

I’m not sure about who may be attainable as I don’t like to judge players based on tournament’s.  Players that make a difference for us may not be attainable and I’m struggling to think of a player that fits your three criteria.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Kante has been immense as usual - not for a Villa link but he’s just a machine.

I think the kids have been my favourite but all out of Villa’s league from Yamal, Musiala, Williams, Guler, Wirtz

As for Villa

Nico Williams I think he’s not going to leave his club anyway but if he was we wouldn’t have a chance.

I’m not sure about who may be attainable as I don’t like to judge players based on tournament’s.  Players that make a difference for us may not be attainable and I’m struggling to think of a player that fits your three criteria.

Musiala has been one of my players of the tournament so far. He's got so much talent and potential it's frightening.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nick76 said:

When Felix comes he’s not on penalties for us.

He will fit right in - only one that could take pens was luiz and he gone 😶‍🌫️

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If the rumours are true I find it quite encouraging we had 40m to spend on an 18 years old.

Although a lot of us villa fans seem to have forgotten it, on the club preseason tour of Australia under Gerrard, we played Leeds with 16 yr old Archie Grey in the team. Our club captain, John McGinn ensured he went off the pitch on a stretcher. I suspect Archie Grey hasn't forgotten that moment and it probably wouldn't have been a plus point for joining us!

11 minutes ago, mallett said:

Although a lot of us villa fans seem to have forgotten it, on the club preseason tour of Australia under Gerrard, we played Leeds with 16 yr old Archie Grey in the team. Our club captain, John McGinn ensured he went off the pitch on a stretcher. I suspect Archie Grey hasn't forgotten that moment and it probably wouldn't have been a plus point for joining us!

Oh goody. Another player Spurs fans can furiously chomp over.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â