Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Have we got a sell on clause with JPB? If so it's a win win, either we can match a lower bid and sign him or get more £££ if he goes for a high one. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

When the debate on players begins with year long monologue on why 'Prowse' and Kalvin Phillips are superior players to Douglas Luiz, its easy to see why one may dip into point scoring. 

Emmm.......Villa got rid of Luiz!😂

Just to add. Luiz went in a swap for two players who have struggled to play first team football and an amount of cash well below what you and other posters valued him at on here.

In fact the total of those players swapped and cash deal fell well below Luiz's valuation by you and others.

80m.......indeed 😂

Edited by striker

25 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I like that we're looking at talent from all over the place, even lower leagues, and with an eye on the future. I feel like of the 'top' teams only Man City really do this, and it's provided them with loads of academy and youth talent year on year. I can't imagine, say, Man U doing this. They need a name. It makes long term success incredibly difficult without spending the family silverware every year. 

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I like that we're looking at talent from all over the place, even lower leagues, and with an eye on the future. I feel like of the 'top' teams only Man City really do this, and it's provided them with loads of academy and youth talent year on year. I can't imagine, say, Man U doing this. They need a name. It makes long term success incredibly difficult without spending the family silverware every year. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Have we got a sell on clause with JPB? If so it's a win win, either we can match a lower bid and sign him or get more £££ if he goes for a high one. 

Must be, especially when we sold him for such a low fee.

There are “various clauses” according to reports.

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

This is an awful take.

OK well try this one on for size.

If rumours are correct Luiz wouldn't sign a contract sitting in front of him for months.

Not much of a return for the love fest on here for him.

4 minutes ago, striker said:

OK well try this one on for size.

If rumours are correct Luiz wouldn't sign a contract sitting in front of him for months.

Not much of a return for the love fest on here for him.

Didn't fit. 

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Didn't fit. 

This is the women's lingerie department sir 

30 minutes ago, striker said:

Emmm.......Villa got rid of Luiz!😂

Just to add. Luiz went in a swap for two players who have struggled to play first team football and an amount of cash well below what you and other posters valued him at on here.

In fact the total of those players swapped and cash deal fell well below Luiz's valuation by you and others.

80m.......indeed 😂

Luiz was sold for a low figure because of a 20% sell on clause City held. He also wanted to leave. 

Iling-Junior played 24 Seria A matches last season and Enzo was out on loan. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

...huh?!

It’s true. City netted an £8.5m figure from the sale, hence why we lowered the agreed fee to reduce how much we would pay them. 

Edited by The_Steve

34 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

If we managed to sell Cash for 20-25m, and signed someone like Hume, if he’s comparable and has the potential to be better or more suited to our system, for a few mil… that’s just clever business.

And I’d have faith that if we did target a Championship player again, they could be just as good and have similar potential to Rogers. We wouldn’t just be signing a decent player but one that could go on to be excellent.

Yeah, I’d imagine we have most of the leagues covered in terms of scouting and are on the look out for value and “gems”… as well as obvious, top talents.

Since we’re so restricted by the rules, we have to trade more intelligently… make profit where and however we can while strengthening the team and squad. And even if we improve players only to a certain degree, we can raise their values and sell for profit aswell - which allows us more freedom to spend on making our team better.

Just now, The_Steve said:

It’s true. City netted an £8.5m figure from the sale, hence why we lowered the agreed fee to reduce how much we would pay them. 

....which also lowers how much we get... which makes no sense?

Old news… but a sale we should look to do. 2 years left on his deal, won’t be offered a new one or on the wages he’s currently on.

Can’t stay fit and can’t find consistency (has put in a few impressive performances though).

A shame, because it seemed like he’d be a great signing and a mainstay of the team… but serious injury really curtailed him and it was a long road back.

Just our luck… because he was relatively injury free at former clubs.

• Sad 1

It sounds really unlikely… but if we could do that rumoured swap deal for Araujo (Carlos and 💰), that would really help us and solve a few problems.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â