Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

10 hours ago, the_eristic said:

SJM to "retire" to Celtic in a few years, getting his successor in early?

He'll definitely go to Celtic for one year, I agree

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Need to start seeing some of these transfers reach a conclusion don’t we? Only 5 days to go before we breach the rules… 

This is our new " Manchester United can still catch us " isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Need to start seeing some of these transfers reach a conclusion don’t we? Only 5 days to go before we breach the rules… 

I presume the reason we're dealing with the clubs we're dealing with is because they need these deals to get over the line too for PSR reasons therefore it's in no ones interest start messing around and doing u-turns.

46 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I've got this image of Emery and a prospective player in the middle of a wrestling ring talking about a possible transfer to Villa.

And then Monchi's music starts playing and he bowls down to the ring.

"As God is my witness, its Monchi!"

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

I've got this image of Emery and a prospective player in the middle of a wrestling ring talking about a possible transfer to Villa.

By gawd, it’s Monchi. Strutting down in his shades like a boss. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, turvontour said:

His arrival is preceeded only by an iconic glass shattering sound 😂

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 2

Comes from The Athletic's Deal Sheet update for this week which is for subscribers only - but I checked and there's no additional information beyond this bit regarding PSR.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wes said:

Comes from The Athletic's Deal Sheet update for this week which is for subscribers only - but I checked and there's no additional information beyond this bit regarding PSR.

Its Happening Video Game GIF by CAPCOM

Just now, burchy said:

Also rumoured Barca want Philogene, did we have a matching clause or sell on clause for him, or both?

Buy back for £15mill only if Hull got promoted. Not sure on the sell on clause.

This will be the most exciting and important transfer window we’ve had in years, got full faith in Monchi to get quality in, just have to look at what he did at Sevilla to spot up coming talent 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, burchy said:

I think we’ll see Digne move on to Saudi pretty sharpish, hopefully for a decent fee. 

With Moreno rumoured out, I wouldn't be so sure. Digne's just had a very good season for us and has shown great character and commitment - I think Unai has a lot of time for him. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

His arrival is preceeded only by an iconic glass shattering sound 😂

BAH GAWD!

15 minutes ago, burchy said:

I think we’ll see Digne move on to Saudi pretty sharpish, hopefully for a decent fee. 

I think he'll stay, Emery like him and trusts him,  and he has experience at CL level which will be needed.  His wages are high is the only issue, so it's possible they might offer him a new deal on reduced wages.

12 minutes ago, burchy said:

Also rumoured Barca want Philogene, did we have a matching clause or sell on clause for him, or both?

Signing him on loan reportedly with option to buy. So presumably for their first team which - with all due respect to the lad - shows how in the shit financially Barca must be. Good chance they will drop out of the top-four next season and if/when they do, I think they will cease to be a force even in Spanish football for the next decade at least. 

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Need to get to work on 24/25 PSR too this summer while we are big on the swap deals. 

I think Duran will go after June, we'll do the Coutinho agreement after June also. Look to move on one of our Left Backs, Dendonker, Chambers possibly Carlos and find a replacement. We'll get Barkley and Hermoso in July also I bet

• Like 2