Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, allani said:

I think he still got 7 assists last season.  So 1 goal contribution every 5 games.  But the main threat from the right will be Bailey anyway.

It was a joke tbf

He previously advised against Barrenechea because he didn’t score enough 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MSvillain said:

It was a joke tbf

He previously advised against Barrenechea because he didn’t score enough 

Oops.  Sorry.  Calling for some tumbleweed for Allani!!

Just now, allani said:

Oops.  Sorry.  Calling for some tumbleweed for Allani!!

Tbf you were right to call me out as it seems he has a decent number of assists 😂

• Like 1

I think Bellanova is a good shout.  Although I still think Konsa will play RB and an RCB who can improve our aerial prowess at the back would be preferable.

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Possibly, but I think that deal is dead in the water too - Gallagher wants to stay, and Chelsea can relax on the PSR front after we've bought Maatsen from them.

I think the Duran deal is on. I think because Gallagher wants to wait until after Euros means we're waiting. If he agrees to join us Chelsea will buy Duran. 

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think the Duran deal is on. I think because Gallagher wants to wait until after Euros means we're waiting. If he agrees to join us Chelsea will buy Duran. 

I get the feeling Gallagher wont happen, the noises seem to suggest he just doesnt want the move and maybe Chelsea has sorted their PSR squeeze with Maatsen? There was talk of a U-turn and a new contract being offered.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

A.Martinez 134/155

The best in game prospect at sporting is the Defender Diomande. 19yo. 142/173 (ruban Dias potential) 

but if you mean a RB their best in game potential is quaresma. 124/148

no i meant fresneda!

can remember him having links to arsenal and barca and maybe some made up ones to us before signing for them for €11m, done absolutely nothing there though

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Looking at positions needed, looks to me like we need the spine of the team reinforcing.

three core players, Central Defender, Defensive Midfielder, SS/Attacking Midfielder (no.10) needed.

then, possibles are a RB depending on how Emery see's Kosta Nedj fitting in.

the midfield pairing might look a little light, depending on how Barrenechea and Barkley fit in, and how Barkley's fitness holds up, also depends on Tielemans, as he could be used further forward also, meaning the midfield 2 is even lighter on numbers depending on how we set up.

(i know some of the players listed can play multiple positons, i just didnt want to list them multiple times).

image.png.565bb089adbccd7e6b825ee2d2af2d21.png

We have so many players who can play in that no 10 role I'd much prefer instead of another player in that role we signed another B2B. 

Like Rogers, Ramsey, Diaby, Mcginn, Tielemans, Bailey (but usually would mean mcginn is RM), Buendia, Barkley

That's 7 players who can play there essentially. And you could argue for someone like Tielemans it is actually his best position and as such we should be looking to be able to unlock him by bringing in another B2B. 

3 hours ago, thunderball said:

I think that is answered by the links to Goncalves and Baena? The rumour is we will pursue both.

What I am certain of is we will play different to how we did last season. I think Emery will double down on our defensive shape and emphasise attacking with wing backs depending on the opponents. I think Hermoso will arrive, and I also think if they can land Frimpong they will, if not Dumfries, with Cash and Digne/Moreno departing (possibly both if we land Hermoso). That would transform our style and evolve the team. I can see this also reducing the role that Luiz played hence why we might have been happy to let him leave.

Incidentally, I think Frimpong would be transformational for us.

Whilst I think we will have a Premier League formation identity which will be more offensive, I think Emery will also be buying for Champions League too, which will likely necessitate a more defensively solid formation.

God I hope not for Baena. Goncalves I think is very talented but not the profile of player we need.

The CM we need is a player who can handle a high volume of passing which neither of them can do. Plus neither of them bring the defensive nouse we could use as well. Fofana is more the profile of player I think we need. 

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We have so many players who can play in that no 10 role I'd much prefer instead of another player in that role we signed another B2B. 

Like Rogers, Ramsey, Diaby, Mcginn, Tielemans, Bailey (but usually would mean mcginn is RM), Buendia, Barkley

That's 7 players who can play there essentially. And you could argue for someone like Tielemans it is actually his best position and as such we should be looking to be able to unlock him by bringing in another B2B. 

ye, i totally see your point.

I think if we have one weakness, its that we dont have that elite no.10 to unlock low blocks etc, i would love us to go for one, but granted, its probably not as important as other areas of the squad.

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

God I hope not for Baena. Goncalves I think is very talented but not the profile of player we need.

The CM we need is a player who can handle a high volume of passing which neither of them can do. Plus neither of them bring the defensive nouse we could use as well. Fofana is more the profile of player I think we need. 

We will be going after a CM and SS you would think, it’s not either/or

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Down there with football insider waiting for their stopped clock to be right 

oh.

thats a pity.

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ye, i totally see your point.

I think if we have one weakness, its that we dont have that elite no.10 to unlock low blocks etc, i would love us to go for one, but granted, its probably not as important as other areas of the squad.

I think you could argue Tielemans is that. And hope that a couple of our other players could develop into that. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â