Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, sne said:

They've had a couple Polish players over the years so maybe Cash? They have a lot of CB's but most of them are quite young. Carlos would be great if we could move.

Cash would look great in purple 

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

So who is Fiorentina getting in return? 😉 Donck? Moreno? Carlos?

Cash, and damn their impudence.

Kayode is a good player. But, if you watch in serie A, for Rb you should buy Bellanova. 

Cash hopefully ends up at one of the Milan clubs and we get a nice fee.

GET RID OF DENDONCKER! (Monchi’s greatest challenge).

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Chelsea in pole position for David, would appear Duran deal is dead in the water and why they bought Kellyman instead.

Or maybe the "swap" with Gallagher is the only way the deal happens - and he's fannying about trying to replace Kelvin Phillips on international duty

24 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Fair enough, it’s just my personal feeling. I prefer midfielders to defenders (or wingbacks)… whatever works best for us regardless.

I just don’t want to see the ball constantly going to wingbacks that fire crosses to no one or high and wide… it’s ugly AF.

Keep the ball on the ground as much as possible and cut through teams…

Maybe I’m too scarred and affected by what I witnessed under Deano and mediocre players like Targett and Cash being relied on… it was horrid. Would obviously be a world away from that under Unai… I don’t expect it though. 

Dunno why Unai would make such a radical change, the system has been great… we just need more and better players imo. And proper options when we lose someone, especially a key player like Kamara.

Agree with a lot of that! As I said I think it would just be the manner in which it's implemented, for example if you had an equivalent player to Maatsen on the other side we'd essentially be playing a 3-2-5 in possession, which is more or less what happens anyway when Konsa is at right back/when Kamara would tuck in. The problem we had with it previously was it was a rigid system with players not suited to quite important roles in it. I don't think we'll end up changing formation anyway, just if Emery decided to I'd imagine it'd be in that manner so it wouldn't be a huge change in practice.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Adman said:

Or maybe the "swap" with Gallagher is the only way the deal happens - and he's fannying about trying to replace Kelvin Phillips on international duty

Possibly, but I think that deal is dead in the water too - Gallagher wants to stay, and Chelsea can relax on the PSR front after we've bought Maatsen from them.

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

whats arnau martinez and him at sporting lisbon out of interest? 

those are the big 3

AM will no doubt end up at city with the girona link and the sporting guy already has one move under his belt so wont be cheap

A.Martinez 134/155

The best in game prospect at sporting is the Defender Diomande. 19yo. 142/173 (ruban Dias potential) 

but if you mean a RB their best in game potential is quaresma. 124/148

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Kayode seems prone to falling off precipes and buying ACME rocket skates. I think he will come a cropper at some point.

wily though

• Like 2

The journalist reporting that is relatively reliable, not Di Marzio or Romano levels, but pretty reliable. So there might well be truth in it. 

17 minutes ago, jigen said:

Kayode is a good player. But, if you watch in serie A, for Rb you should buy Bellanova. 

Bellanova doesn’t score or assist enough? 

3 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Bellanova doesn’t score or assist enough? 

I think he still got 7 assists last season.  So 1 goal contribution every 5 games.  But the main threat from the right will be Bailey anyway.

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

I can't imagine Tammy being OK with sitting on the bench for 80% of the season. Ollie isn't getting dropped and doesn't get injured. 

He'll get plenty of games especially as I'd see Watkins being able to play up top with him. Watkins and Diaby combination was working great. I can see Watkins playing the slightly deeper role given his ability to create goals. 

If the opposition play 3 at the back we can pin there CBs in place with 2 up top and allow us to get round the back of them. Our strength under Emery is our tactical flexibility. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â