Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

36 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Be really disappointed if we sign Abrahams and don’t believe it’s anything more than clickbait agent talk … We would be screwing ourselves if we did sign him as his wages for a back up would be silly no doubt and also just don’t rate him … he’s been a one good season in 3 at best his whole career 

to me its more just a bit lazy all round, villa fans know him and feel comfortable with him so we always seem to gravitate with him, journos get a free hit with suggesting him but id be amazed if our scouting set up couldnt find someone better, they found duran in the MLS for example

42 minutes ago, useless said:

Always buy him on Football Manager 🙂, seen him a few times on tnt when playing for fiorentina, he looks good 

I do get the feeling we're going a bit more of the Chelsea route. Signing younger players we can improve and make profit on after successful loans abroad 

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

I see Maatsen as the replacement, and more reliable or long term option, for Moreno.

I don’t think we require a system change and loved watching us dominate and destroy the likes of Newcastle last season. Brighton on multiple occasions, West Ham and especially Man City this season (how wonderful). It was effective… we suffered because of injuries, suspension and fatigue… not due to the system we played.

Yeah, flexibility is welcome and what Unai probably wants along with versatility, there is plenty to tinker with in the system he favours anyway.

I was responding to the view on playing 5 defenders, whether that be 5-3-2, 3-5-2, 3-4-1-2, 3-4-2-1 etc. rather than anything you’ve expressed. I just don’t like playing with 5 defenders and weakening midfield, just my view.

For me, those systems scream “we’re weaker than the opposition, so need to find a way to deal with them” rather than “let’s challenge and dominate them” which is why I love Unai’s Aston Villa… we’re not afraid of anybody and are capable of putting anyone in their place. We can dominate teams on our day, whoever they may be, by playing wonderful football without fear.

Why mess too much or stray from a system that largely worked and helped us make massive strides anyway? More stability and less disruptions seems wise…

We just need players to stay fit and more options imo. 

And to replace the quality and reliability we’ve lost after losing a player like Dougie.

The teams that won their respective leagues in Italy in Germany play with a back five and very much dominated games, to be fair.

A lot of teams ostensibly play with a back 3/5 anyway. Despite it on paper being listed as a 4, several sides now - often Villa included - play with one sitting full back and the one on the opposite side essentially as a wing back, in effect making it a back 3/5 when in possession. It's just a matter of how it's implemented really.

Just now, Indigo said:

The teams that won their respective leagues in Italy in Germany play with a back five and very much dominated games, to be fair.

A lot of teams ostensibly play with a back 3/5 anyway. Despite it on paper being listed as a 4, several sides now - often Villa included - play with one sitting full back and the one on the opposite side essentially as a wing back, in effect making it a back 3/5 when in possession. It's just a matter of how it's implemented really.

Fair enough, it’s just my personal feeling. I prefer midfielders to defenders (or wingbacks)… whatever works best for us regardless.

I just don’t want to see the ball constantly going to wingbacks that fire crosses to no one or high and wide… it’s ugly AF.

Keep the ball on the ground as much as possible and cut through teams…

Maybe I’m too scarred and affected by what I witnessed under Deano and mediocre players like Targett and Cash being relied on… it was horrid. Would obviously be a world away from that under Unai… I don’t expect it though. 

Dunno why Unai would make such a radical change, the system has been great… we just need more and better players imo. And proper options when we lose someone, especially a key player like Kamara.

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

to me its more just a bit lazy all round, villa fans know him and feel comfortable with him so we always seem to gravitate with him, journos get a free hit with suggesting him but id be amazed if our scouting set up couldnt find someone better, they found duran in the MLS for example

The Tammy link comes up every window - people need to stop taking the bait 

17 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Kayode’s FM24 star rating in numbers 

CA 133 PA 166

The best right back in the game is Kyle walker CA 164 PA 164

Matty Cash: CA 139 PA 148

whats arnau martinez and him at sporting lisbon out of interest? 

those are the big 3

AM will no doubt end up at city with the girona link and the sporting guy already has one move under his belt so wont be cheap

Would perhaps be surprising to have Kayode and Nedeljković as the two right-back options, given they're only nineteen and eighteen, unless Cash is staying and Nedeljković going out on loan, or the plan is to use Konsa at rightback a lot, Kayode is very versatile by the looks of it, so that might help. As far as I can tell the journalist reporting it is seen as fairly reliable, doesn't mean it's going to happen of course, but maybe some truth to our interest

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

So who is Fiorentina getting in return? 😉 Donck? Moreno? Carlos?

They've had a couple Polish players over the years so maybe Cash? They have a lot of CB's but most of them are quite young. Carlos would be great if we could move.

Just now, useless said:

Would perhaps be surprising to have Kayode and Nedeljković as the two right-back options, given they're only nineteen and eighteen, unless Cash is staying and Nedeljković going out on loan, or the plan is to use Konsa at rightback a lot, Kayode is very versatile by the looks of it, so that might help. As far as I can tell the journalist reporting it is seen as fairly reliable, doesn't mean it's going to happen of course, but maybe some truth to our interest

Kosta did an interview fairly recently and said he won’t be going out on loan 

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â