Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Dougie had a lot of attributes… considering his style, composure and ability on the ball, he was a goal threat too..

some of the players mentioned as replacements don’t offer everything he did (but might make up for it in other ways like added physicality) such as goals and creativity (clear cut chances).

His ability from set pieces and penalties too…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Very different players. Merino is more Luiz, Zubimendi more Kamara.

So we kinda need both. Might be a tad expensive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Very different players. Merino is more Luiz, Zubimendi more Kamara.

Oh really? Thought it might be the other way round… Merino more of a goal threat or better in an attacking sense? How about creativity?

18 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Oh really? Thought it might be the other way round… Merino more of a goal threat or better in an attacking sense? How about creativity?

Merino very cultured, lovely on the ball—creative.

Zubimendi more industrious and defensive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Jas10 said:

That doesn’t answer my question 😂

I’ve been bouncing last three nights in nightclubs on minimum sleep and living on Monster energy drinks you’re lucky you even got a response and not just a “like” 🤣

Would be an awful starting lineup. Midfield looking far weaker (Barkley starting, WTAF), Cash still at right back, and assumes we won't make any further signings for the first 11. West Ham would likely beat that team I'd say.

Take out Cash for Geertruida/Todibo and Barkley for Fofana/Zubimendi and suddenly we look a lot better. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Would be an awful starting lineup. Midfield looking far weaker (Barkley starting, WTAF), Cash still at right back, and assumes we won't make any further signings for the first 11. West Ham would likely beat that team I'd say.

Take out Cash for Geertruida/Todibo and Barkley for Fofana/Zubimendi and suddenly we look a lot better. 

It's the first game of the season so we will lose it even if we have signed all the best players in the world. It's what we do.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Tbf I still think we’d beat Spam with that lineup especially with the bench we’d have but I have no doubt at all that we’ll be signing at the very least one extremely good starting mid and almost certain to upgrade the RB position. 

I think Fofana and Geertruida would be amazing but if we were to make further sales: Durán, Cash, digne/Moreno I believe we’ll also add another mid and another quality striker.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The one link that excites me is gonçalves from lisbon. I really hope he is the big marquee signing. He would be a perfect replacement for dougie

he isnt a centre midfielder, would be regularly destroyed if he replaced Dougie

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

we need to replace Luiz, but we also need a DM.

Basically we need a new midfield 2, and we need both.

Fofana

Ugarte (loan to buy)

Geertruida 

Soulé

Iheanacho/Abraham

would set us back about 100/110m so with the sale of Durán, Cash and potentially Digne/moreno well within our perimeters

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Both are behind Luiz in attacking sense though

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â