Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

1 minute ago, MSvillain said:

Players who can add to the team now but will also have increased in value in 4/5 years 

Simple rule, but totally rewarding. 

The only older players worth getting in, is the bargains like a Barkley & Morano that’s not an albatross on the clubs if age/injuries catches up on them. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You should have seen my direct debits to Clubcall. I was ringing those motherf*ckers thrice daily.

I never went down that route fortunately, there was always a vacuum when the season finished waiting for any snippet of footie info was painful. It’s in overdrive nowadays and with all these shenanigans with PSR I think I’m switching off until the season starts…

Am I heck 😀

Edited by Strog

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Im enjoying this window so far.  Monchi has really come up with a smart plan to refresh our squad and solve PSR issues in one go. Also, adding to what he was doing last season, making our youth academy pay for itself without gutting it each year.

We’ve basically replaced Tim and Kellyman, with Barrenechea and Iling-Junior.

Smart business from Monchi, signed those players replacements in the squad as part of the Luiz deal without spending anything. It means we don’t need to replace them and Luiz, only Luiz needs replaced.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

We’ve basically replaced Tim and Kellyman, with Barrenechea and Iling-Junior.

Smart business from Monchi, signed those players replacements in the squad as part of the Luiz deal without spending anything. It means we don’t need to replace them and Luiz, only Luiz needs replaced.

Replaced for pretty much the same price. £/€30m each way 

Just now, Strog said:

So where does this leave Durán and his supposed move?

Chelsea still interested apparently, just awaiting the results from his Psychiatric evaluation 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Strog said:

So where does this leave Durán and his supposed move?

Chelsea still waiting for him to drop his 750k p/w wage demands.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MSvillain said:

Chelsea still interested apparently, just awaiting the results from his Psychiatric evaluation 

There’s no psychiatrist, dead or alive, that could sort that lads head out.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Chelsea still waiting for him to drop his 750k p/w wage demands.

I disagree, Chelsea are probably waiting for him to increase his wage demands.

Well, at this point I'm still not quite sure if it's genius or a shit show, but it's fascinating to watch, I thought we'd do some business this summer, but I didn't think we'd be quite this busy.

At the moment, the Outs from last years squad look like being; Iroegbunam, Kellyman, Luiz, Lenglet, Zaniolo, Duran, Hause (?), Samson (that counts), Dendoncker, Coutinho, Chambers and also possibly Cash, Moreno and Archer.

The Ins so far look like being; Barkley, Maatsen, Dobbin, Illing, Nedeljkovic and Barrenechea.

There's clearly a whole lot of business still to be done - we have a big hole in the middle of the park with no Luiz or Kamara and potentially a slight weakness at centre back and right back and we'll need a striker if Ollie goes - but the plan seems a whole lot more complex than just filling gaps, anything could happen.

It's going to be a hell of a summer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

£50m for Chukwuemeka, Iroegbunam and Kellyman is fantastic business. One of these players might go on to be very good and that’s the gamble you take.

The Academy is doing exactly what it was set up to do and is funding the club.

Compare it to Newcastle’s academy and you can see why they’re struggling with PSR too. 

Total garbage the academy isn’t there to fund the club that’s a ridiculous statement! That’s something a league one club would say.

If it wasn’t for PSR we’d be holding on to our best young prospects.

You think Newcastle are struggling because of there academy? That’s hilarious. They are in a similar PSR position to us because like us they have spent beyond there means. Some of the shit people come out with on here is outrageous at times.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well, at this point I'm still not quite sure if it's genius or a shit show, but it's fascinating to watch, I thought we'd do some business this summer, but I didn't think we'd be quite this busy.

At the moment, the Outs from last years squad look like being; Iroegbunam, Kellyman, Luiz, Lenglet, Zaniolo, Duran, Hause (?), Samson (that counts), Dendoncker, Coutinho, Chambers and also possibly Cash, Moreno and Archer.

The Ins so far look like being; Barkley, Maatsen, Dobbin, Illing, Nedeljkovic and Barrenechea.

There's clearly a whole lot of business still to be done - we have a big hole in the middle of the park with no Luiz or Kamara and potentially a slight weakness at centre back and right back and we'll need a striker if Ollie goes - but the plan seems a whole lot more complex than just filling gaps, anything could happen.

It's going to be a hell of a summer. 

It’s a balancing act in so much it’s about having genuine squad depth but working within the PSR rules. I love the fact the club has the vision and strategy to make us competitive.

We're now involved in two very similar deals, but in each case we're at the opposite end. In both cases, a club is losing an established talent and getting instead some cash and a player or players with potential - which of these do you think is the better deal for us?

The one where we sell the established player (Luiz out - Illings and Barrenechea in - and €30m) or the one where we buy the established player (Maatsen in, Kellyman out and €20m).

if this window pays off for Villa, I’m expecting the Athletic to write up an article about how much they want to suck Monchi’s shiny, smooth head. Followed up buy a tifo podcast explaining how they want to nest in his beard 

10 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Total garbage the academy isn’t there to fund the club that’s a ridiculous statement! That’s something a league one club would say.

If it wasn’t for PSR we’d be holding on to our best young prospects.

You think Newcastle are struggling because of there academy? That’s hilarious. They are in a similar PSR position to us because like us they have spent beyond there means. Some of the shit people come out with on here is outrageous at times.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/sep/05/youth-academies-premier-league-clubs-revenue-stream

Forget building with youth: club academies now exist to boost revenue

• Like 1