Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Jordan Ibe had nearly 50 Premier League appearances for Liverpool though

What about Rhian Brewster? He had a handful of cup appearances and was sold for £25m

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On reflection, whilst gutted about Kellyman, remembering some of the Chelsea fan thought make me feel better.

When Romano mentioned that they may be getting another player from us instead of Duran, some of them were commenting that they thought it could be Watkins, Emi, JJ or Rogers etc 😂

At the end of the day JJ is far and away our most valuable Academy product and if I had to choose between losing him and others, they can go.

Exactly. People on here moaning about losing Tim, Omari and whoever else we end up selling from the academy.. the other option is to sell Ramsey. Which would you prefer? 

• Like 2

Newcastle are about to sign DCL from Everton. I fully expect Everton to sign Wilson back in return for the same amount they get for DCL. Both struggling with PSR. 

#gamesgone

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was just going to ask, do these moves strengthen our hand significantly in July or?

I'm gutted about Kellyman tbh but I'm sure there is a wider plan.

We’ve given Emery the keys to the club don’t forget, this is the price we pay. He’s building a team for the here and now, not waiting about for 3 or 4 years until these players come good. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

What about Rhian Brewster? He had a handful of cup appearances and was sold for £25m

Wasn't that on the back of a good loan spell somewhere though? So more comparable to the Archer sale. 

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Didnt he have a good loan spell somewhere and had that youth World Cup winner hype

Just now, duke313 said:

We’ve given Emery the keys to the club don’t forget, this is the price we pay. He’s building a team for the here and now, not waiting about for 3 or 4 years until these players come good. 

Good point but also doing it in a way smarter fashion than Gerrard.

Signing proven players like Maatsen, Gallagher, Onana and to a lesser extent Iling Junior and Barrenechea shows we’re going all out to build a young squad rather than trying to do what Gerrard did by buying Digne, Carlos, Coutinho etc.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not just for the here and now tbf, most or all players rumoured to come in this summer are young.

The manager only signing for the here and now was Gerrard, who couldn’t get enough of expensive 29 year olds on high wages.

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t think our business with Chelsea is over.. 

agreed. Duran out, Conor in. 

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Signing proven players like Maatsen, Gallagher, Onana and to a lesser extent Iling Junior and Barrenechea shows we’re going all out to build a young squad rather than trying to do what Gerrard did by buying Digne, Carlos, Coutinho etc.

Horrendous business these were. 
Digne and Carlos have been useful players, but they are very expensive deprecating assets that’s a struggle to move on. Worst of all, Coutinho wasn’t even usable. Not exactly ideal situation to have players like these for a “growing club” 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Players who can add to the team now but will also have increased in value in 4/5 years 

• Like 3

Just now, MSvillain said:

Players who can add to the team now but will also have increased in value in 4/5 years 

Exactly. It’s a great strategy. Spend big on 20-25yr olds rather than 28-30yr olds. The occasional Barkley style transfer for peanuts only compliments things. 

Love what we’re doing. 

• Like 4

Christ, I can’t keep up with these supposed incomings and outgoings. Oh for the days when you only heard about signings from the papers or Teletext 🙃

Edited by Strog
  • Haha 1

Just now, Strog said:

Christ, I can’t keep up with these supposed incomings and outgoings. Oh for the days when you only heard about signings,  from the papers or Teletext 🙃

You should have seen my direct debits to Clubcall. I was ringing those motherf*ckers thrice daily.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Newcastle are about to sign DCL from Everton. I fully expect Everton to sign Wilson back in return for the same amount they get for DCL. Both struggling with PSR. 

#gamesgone

They may as well swap physios too!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Exactly. It’s a great strategy. Spend big on 20-25yr olds rather than 28-30yr olds. The occasional Barkley style transfer for peanuts only compliments things. 

Love what we’re doing. 

We’re also not losing sight on youth, we were linked the other day with Lewis Orford from the West Ham academy.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Having too many good players in places for us to figure out how exactly we're going to use all of them is one of the nicest problems we've had in a long time.

Even if it does mean the every now and then we have to let a good prospect go because we don't have room for him.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â