Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

58 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Injuries aside, I think we could be looking at a template of this for next season:

---------------------------------Watkins------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------New/Rogers--------------------------
Ramsey-----------New---------------Kamara--------------McGinn
New---------------Torres---------------New------------------Konsa
--------------------------------Martinez------------------------------------

Bench/Squad:
Bailey
Mings
Iling Junior
McKennie
Nedelkovic
Olsen
Tielemans
Buendia
New CB

I think we're in the 'padding out the squad mode' at the moment but we'll likely go after some top quality starter material when July 1st comes around. £££
Many will disagree with the exclusion of Tielemans and Bailey. Can easily see them both starting in a best XI too. 

We're going to have some serious depth next season. I still think we're going to see a big overhaul this Summer with Cash, Carlos, Digne, Moreno, Duran, Luiz, Dendoncker, Sanson, Coutinho, Chambers, KKH and Iroegbunam leaving. I imagine Sousa will go back out on loan. That's potentially up to £800k of wages a week off the books. 

I feel we're going to really roll the dice. 

I would have Tielemens and Bailey in there. Also you forgot about Diaby. Barkley is incoming, and it will be him and Tielemens alongside Kamara when he is fit. I'd actually make the new in the first team Kamara's  with Tielemens penciled in for the DLP. 

I'd actually swap out McGinn for Bailey. I just think a three behind Watkins of Ramsey, Rogers, Bailey is just so exciting.

The new LB I agree with. As while Digne did well I'd prefer to bring in a younger LB Maatsen makes a lot of sense. His release clause is basically very similar to Duran's mooted Value. Too much of a coincidence for me!

I believe we'll keep one of Moreno or Digne. They both want to stay. Moving on one of them will be hard, let alone both. Plus we will need some continuity in the team. Luiz leaving leaves a hole that we can fill. However other than him and one of Moreno and Digne, moving on first team players isn't wise. Probably we can move on Carlos for a better young player too. 

A least one centre back (two if Carlos is sold) a left back, and a DM is what is needed.

Maatsen left back for me quick, young, carries the ball well, energetic.

I like Fofana as he can play 6 and 8. A proper ball winning and a ball carrier too.

Central defence is a tricky one. I like Tobido. Mosquera is interesting too. Araujo is probably the best fit and highest level, but very expensive. Maybe a swap for him with Luiz. But Barca can't register any new contracts!

Mckennie and Iling-Jr add squad depth. I see Rogers better in the central area behind the striker so for me Iling-Jr will be Ramsey's back up. Mckennie is versatile and is can provide energy and strength.

Obviously we will need to replace Duran. I would sell Cash if the plan is to have Nedeljovic as back to Konsa. But we probably need to replace Cash if he is sold. At 30m I'd definitely sell. In fact I'd happily take 25m. If we decide to put faith in Nedeljovic, then keep KKH around just in case.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I would have Tielemens and Diaby in there. But barkley is incoming, and it will be him and Tielemens alongside Kamara when he is fit. I'd actually make the new in the first team Kamara's  with Tielemens penciled in for the DLP. 

I'd actually swap out McGinn for Bailey. I just think a three behind Watkins of Ramsey, Rogers, Bailey is just so exciting.

The new at LB I agree with. As while Digne did well I'd prefer to bring in a younger LB Maatsen makes a lot of sense. His release clause is basically very similar to Duran's mooted Value. Too much of a coincidence for me!

I believe we'll keep one if Moreno or Digne. They both want to stay. Moving on one of them will be hard, let alone both. Plus we will need some continuity in the team. Luiz leaving leaves a hole that we can fill. However other than him and one of Moreno and Digne, moving on first team players isn't wise. Probably we can move on Carlos for a better young player too. 

A least one centre back (two if Carlos is sold) a left back, and a DM is what is needed.

Maatsen left back for me quick, young, carries the ball well, energetic.

I like Fofana as he can play 6 and 8. A proper ball winning and a ball carrier too.

Central defence is a tricky one. I like Tobido. Mosquera is interesting too. Araujo is probably the best fit and highest level, but very expensive. Maybe a swap for him with Luiz. But Barca can't register any new contracts!

Mckennie and Iling-Jr add squad depth. I see Rogers better in the central area behind the striker so for me Iling-Jr will be Ramsey's back up. Mckennie is versatile and is can provide energy and strength.

In an arduous and demanding season, with many tough games, and more competitions......Those attributes of Energy and Strength, is Paramount.....He seems to me, to be a utility player, and we don't have one, so on that basis, it seems sensible.

I think it's fairly clear, we don't want Dougie to go......but many of us didn't want Jack to go either.

• Like 1

It feels like Unai and Monchi are playing real life Football Manager with all these ingoing and outgoing deals and swaps.  I'm finding it rather exciting tbh.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What does this mean?

What he just said?

Duran goes to Chelsea but only if a player goes to Villa. I'm fine with that, totally different to this dog shit deal with Juventus

• Haha 1

Just now, paul514 said:

What he just said?

Duran goes to Chelsea but only if a player goes to Villa. I'm fine with that, totally different to this dog shit deal with Juventus

Only three more mentions of this for you to hit a thousand! 🥳

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

What he just said?

Worded weirdly 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What does this mean?

[Tin Hat on, hiding behind 8 inches of kevlar]

He was dropped from Feyenoord's academy for being too small. 0.8 Elphicks using the current SI units. 

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I wonder how Purslow and Lange would of handled this this PSR issue if they were still here 

Not quite sure Purslow would have been up to the task given his record, I fear we would have been playing a game of highest deduction wins between us, Forest and Everton while Gerrard talks about how Crystal Palace should be wiping the floor with us. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

[Tin Hat on, hiding behind 8 inches of kevlar]

He was dropped from Feyenoord's academy for being too small. 0.8 Elphicks using the current SI units. 

Too Small.....Oh Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I wonder how Purslow and Lange would of handled this this PSR issue if they were still here 

They would still be deciding which bones to cast.

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Selling Villa Park to ourselves again probably isn't an alternative... :D

Edited by sne

18 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Only three more mentions of this for you to hit a thousand! 🥳

I'll make sure I get to that target.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â