Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

IF ............... I''l start with a big IF.

If we do have to sell Dougie ( I don't believe anyone wants to see him go) and can get good money for Duran, that clears the decks/books for our future business this summer. Most of our reasonable targets come back within budget after the current PSR year closes.

Of the other names being bandied about, I am in not rush to sell Cash. Adding another right back is a must this summer regardless of his status. (no more Konsa wasted i this position)

Diego would be ahead of him in the Q i would accept offers for.

Moreno is similar to Cash. We are well covered at LB, hopefully a good pre-season will get him back to the previous high level and add an attacking alternative to Digne. However, his recent marriage may have changed things for him and a return to Spain may be a pull for him. If he is unhappy then go ahead and accept good offers only.

If we sell many more, we can start buying up land around Villa Park and the new stand comes back on a reasonable horizon 😀. I do believe it has to be the Witton Lane next as this comes without the cost of closing a big stand for several seasons.

Exciting times ahead. Once we get through this month, all will hopefully be positive again. The remaining players still create a great platform to build from.

Onwards!

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Doubt it'll be that. 

No CDM and a backline that will get killed in the air.

Kamara?  Whoever we sign to cover for Kamara?

Mings will be back, and hopefully we're linked with another defender.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Kamara?  Whoever we sign to cover for Kamara?

Mings will be back, and hopefully we're linked with another defender.

Neither Kamara nor Mings are in that line-up, chief 😅

Just now, lexicon said:

Okay chief, but they are in the squad, aren't they? They will play at some point? 

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Okay chief, but they are in the squad, aren't they? They will play at some point? 

You'd hope so. Point still stands with the XI you put out would have weaknesses in it, though, because we need to add a CB who can dominate in the air similar to Mings IMO, so we're never without one. 

I'm sorry if I'm being a bit of a killjoy here 🤣 I'm happy enough with the business we seem to be doing. 

12 hours ago, Anything11 said:

Seems a lot of you are on Jacks level of encyclopaedic intelligence and need to take a moment to reflect and realise that you don't understand what is going.

We have PSR issues. Read the room.

We will sell important players in an effort to improve the squad as a whole. This means players will come in and you will not understand why - but that is why you (and I) are posting on an internet forum and not running a football team. 

and stop attacking @GlobalVillan he is one of the only people here who has any idea and it isn't fun wading through 20 pages of philosophers blindly incorrect sh*t to get to it.

I agree.

We all just want the best for our club. Some people have a strange way of showing it and we all have emotional reactions to things so I get why certain posters are a bit more, shall we say, edgy.

But the fact is, we are a well run club with a fantastic manager and I'm sure that whoever we sell/buy, the people in charge of those decisions will be a lot more aware of the consequences than any of us. I trust the club.

It's a great time to be a Villa fan. 

And thanks for your kind words. UTFV 

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

So Cash £25 mill, Duran £40mill, Luiz £60 mill - if I have my FFP hat on that's about £400 mill we can spend on transfers this window? 

If you exclude book value it will be around 100m profit.

you could spend 500m on 5 year contract signings yes, but then you are left with needing to find 100m profit next summer without being able to spend to pay for those transfers this summer etc.

we also have a high wage bill to turn over ratio, doubtless that will ease a lot next year with CL and new sponsors.

however, we can’t plan for CL revenue each year as we aren’t perennial contenders.

the reality of the situation is we have to shift out the players who never or rarely play this summer. In some cases pay off taking a further hit. This is to get their wages and future amortisation off the books. IMO 100m profit means 200m spending if you clear the deadwood of which McKennie and Illing Jr take up 40m you then need a striker and right back.

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, lexicon said:

You'd hope so. Point still stands with the XI you put out would have weaknesses in it, though, because we need to add a CB who can dominate in the air similar to Mings IMO, so we're never without one. 

I'm sorry if I'm being a bit of a killjoy here 🤣 I'm happy enough with the business we seem to be doing. 

Based on the players we've been linked with, can defo see a change in system.  Wouldn't be surprised if go with a back 3 with wing backs.

Just now, lexicon said:

If we're signing Iling Jr. are we going to get another LB?

He's not a left back, but a left wing back or left midfielder, another indication of a change in system.

24 minutes ago, lexicon said:

22 minutes ago, duke313 said:

spacer.png