Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Looks like some major surgery in the team this summer. A bit of a shame as have had such a settled line up for a long time. And with the euros not sure how much time Emery will have in gelling together our new and improved  team for 24/25.

I remember this being a criticism of Monchi by fans of his previous clubs - that he liked to wheel and deal a bit too much.

9 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Have you not noticed the meltdowns on here? 

It will be child's play by comparison.

58 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So Cash £25 mill, Duran £40mill, Luiz £60 mill - if I have my FFP hat on that's about £400 mill we can spend on transfers this window? 

Not if we don't want to be forced to sell next summer as well. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

West Ham in for Soule apparently 

bit fishy we’ve been talking about him and now West Ham are after Sole.  I reckon it’s Juve baiting us into buying him and there is no plaice for that.

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

bit fishy we’ve been talking about him and now West Ham are after Sole.  I reckon it’s Juve baiting us into buying him and there is no plaice for that.

Careful, people haddock enough of this sort of talk.

23 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Looks like some major surgery in the team this summer. A bit of a shame as have had such a settled line up for a long time. And with the euros not sure how much time Emery will have in gelling together our new and improved  team for 24/25.

Emery has shown he doesn’t need long, and doesn’t just rely on preseason, they’ll improve throughout his tenure 

Edited by mikeyp102

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

West Ham in for Soule apparently 

Probably funding the £18m for the Doug deal :(

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Is there a world where we might be interested in Morgan Gibbs White?

Maybe, but hopefully not this one. 

46 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Major surgery seems a bit of stretch? Luiz leaving is significant but Cash and Duran doesn't impact the first team too much. RB was an area that most people have agreed needed upgrading. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

McGinn in a RWB role kinda throws shivers down the spine tbh :D

Why? It's basically just the RM role were he played the majority of Emery's first season.

Just now, duke313 said:

Why? It's basically just the RM role were he played the majority of Emery's first season.

Because it would remind me of the Gerrard years when he was doing more defending than attacking. But hey ho, would be a fun team, we'd concede a load but would be fun going forward.