Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

17 hours ago, Leeroy said:

I think Unai will make the very best of it but I worry the Luiz sale has been forced upon him due to the PSR situation. No way he’d willingly sell him if he had a choice, no way. 

And I’m not convinced he necessarily chose the players coming in either, I think that was Monchi and Juve not willing to offer anyone else, but I’m speculating. I just feel we’ve been done by a so called ‘bigger’ club here and I thought Monchi was the sort of person to put his foot down when it came to negotiations. 

Doug did drop off when Kamara got injured but he has been one of our most consistent players under Emery. A big loss to us and I don’t think people will appreciate this until next season when he isn’t here. We shall see. 

Maybe McKennie has improved and I’m judging him too harshly on his Leeds stint but again we shall see. He surprisingly started a lot of games for Juventus last season but he was stinking the place out not so long ago and I worry he has attitude and fitness issues. He also isn’t anywhere near as good on the ball as Luiz so while he might bring more energy and aggression we will lose something else.

As it stands I think we are worse than we are compared to last season so I’m really hoping and praying we do some decent business soon to give me some hope. I think we’ll definitely drop a few places as it stands, regardless of what Emery is capable of.

That is precisely what he is expected to bring, and precisely what we need......Tielemans will cover for Dougie's guile and technical ability, but I go back to balance, that's what Unai is looking for.

I think Tielemans was brought in for cover for Dougie, but he has played too well to leave out, we then get 2 similar players, and it effects the balance......A team full of top players, with no appreciation of balance, can prove to be not as good as their parts.

A great team is not always filled with great players......it's sometimes effective players, complimenting each other, that creates, great teams.....We saw this in 80/81/82.

Blend is king.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So Cash £25 mill, Duran £40mill, Luiz £60 mill - if I have my FFP hat on that's about £400 mill we can spend on transfers this window? 

Holy bat shit….is that legit? 
excuse my ignorance, all that FFP, PSR is way above my pay grade. lol 

Edited by CroVillan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Is there a world where we might be interested in Morgan Gibbs White?

yeah....Pluto.

seriously....would Rogers and Ramsey, not be too similar?

I think he is a good player, but we need players, that the team need, not what we already have.

61 goals against, with a great keeper, is where the work, need to be done......scoring goals is not our weakness, albeit, we can always do better, I guess.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Is there a world where we might be interested in Morgan Gibbs White?

Be great signing but has 3 years left on his deal, so unless Forrest are in similar boat as us , in that they are willing to sell at a lower price to solve PSR issues, can't see it possible 

4 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Be great signing but has 3 years left on his deal, so unless Forrest are in similar boat as us , in that they are willing to sell at a lower price to solve PSR issues, can't see it possible 

They are, worse probably.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

just kidding....good player, but too similar for me.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So Cash £25 mill, Duran £40mill, Luiz £60 mill - if I have my FFP hat on that's about £400 mill we can spend on transfers this window? 

Not sure what the future changes are all about tbh.  It depends on those, really.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Luiz contract agreed so just need to buy their 2 now.

Milan and Chelsea trying to cheap us out for Cash and Duran as expected

Many can't see the merit in this, But I think Unai can.

13 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Holy bat shit….is that legit? 
excuse my ignorance, all that FFP, PSR is way above my pay grade. lol 

I'm clueless too - but we've got some bills to clear and then we'd have about £100 mill left over (so the equivalent of 400 in spending power on 4 year contracts) - and that's not even making a loss. Doesn't account for wages though. Plus I'm sure I'm completely wrong. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Finally some good news... I told you guys to trust the board....

***  Seems legit ***

Damn that’s better than anything I was making up in my ITK days. 

yet I still giggle at the idea of convincing Everton fans they were buying AEG back after his successful loan spell at the toffees. Pandemonium 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Isak a perfect back up, I can already hear the Geordie Twitterverse exploding at the disrespect lol

I reckon we'll see Frimpong in as backup to KKH as well.

Good times!

• Haha 1

Having qualified for the CL and having to sell players because of PSR is a bit like winning the EC and being stopped from strengthening our squad, when we were in a great position to do so, because our then chairman wanted to balance the books instead. Selling Dougie reminds me of selling Andy Gray, other than it cost Wolves big money, we were able to replace him with Peter Withe, and the rest is history. We are not getting value for Dougie from Juve this time imo and there is no guarantee that we will be able to pick up a replacement for around a third of the fee on this occasion, although with UE and Monchi in place, we are in a great position to be able to make the best of whatever we do get.  

Dougie is one of the "untouchables" for me and I would be sad to see him leave. I had hoped that he, along with the bulk of the squad that earned us qualification, would have had the opportunity to play CL football for us. Duran is a little different, he has seemed restless since he signed and I think both club and player will be happy with the rumoured move to Chelsea. It could be said that Dougie has also seemed on the brink of leaving us in the past, but I had thought that he would be happy to stay with us now that we have CL football and he has a place in his national squad. However, if he hasn't signed a new contract (assuming one has been offered), then with 2 years left on his present one, I can understand the club would be loathe to see him potentially leave for nothing and would therefore consider a decent offer or a less than decent offer, if we really do need to find more than the Duran money quickly. If only we were able to ignore PSR like Manchester City do. 

Looks like some major surgery in the team this summer. A bit of a shame as have had such a settled line up for a long time. And with the euros not sure how much time Emery will have in gelling together our new and improved  team for 24/25.

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Oh Christ, don't put 50p in the Geordies. It will never end.

Have you not noticed the meltdowns on here?