Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

@GlobalVillan sounds like you hear bits an pieces from those within the game. 

Are you able to explain why we spent £8m on Nedeljkovic (to be left on loan for the rest of the season) and another £8-10m on Rodgers (who I think was seen as a project and has progressed quicker than most expected) if it meant we'd be in the position of having to sell on our best players under duress like this. 

I know you think we are getting fair value for Dougie which is fair enough but based on his output of goals/assists and his overall stats plus the eye test. I'm struggling to see how he can be worth half of Rice, Caicedo or Enzo. Fair enough we wouldnt get the same money but I dont understand why the gap is SO big.

I don't know anything about the Nedeljkovic deal so can't comment on that.

I don't think we are getting "fair" value for Doug per se, just that we are getting what can be expected given all the circumstances. It's all a mess tbh and just another example of how we will never be able to compete with the cheats at the top table.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

@GlobalVillan sounds like you hear bits an pieces from those within the game. 

Are you able to explain why we spent £8m on Nedeljkovic (to be left on loan for the rest of the season) and another £8-10m on Rodgers (who I think was seen as a project and has progressed quicker than most expected) if it meant we'd be in the position of having to sell on our best players under duress like this. 

I know you think we are getting fair value for Dougie which is fair enough but based on his output of goals/assists and his overall stats plus the eye test. I'm struggling to see how he can be worth half of Rice, Caicedo or Enzo. Fair enough we wouldnt get the same money but I dont understand why the gap is SO big. 

Only makes sense if we are absolutley being forced into it which makes those January signings look very odd indeed. 

Big questions for Monchi, the club and Unai for me. 

It was thought at the time he was going to feature in the euros, so probably got in there before someone else and a potential price increase.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trillvillan said:

If West Ham are rumored to be signing Aleix Garcia from Girona (17m release clause) — rather have him than McKennie. Get all the money for Luiz. 

The cash alternative for Luiz is probably ~£40m to Arsenal or Man City, and we strengthen a rival in the process.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Delphouneso said:

The cash alternative for Luiz is probably ~£40m to Arsenal or Man City, and we strengthen a rival in the process.

eh, doesnt wash with me tbh, a team like man city or arsenal, if they dont get luiz will just go out and buy another top player.

i wouldnt cut our nose off to spite our face, i would just try and get the best deal possible, ala Grealish.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, RicRic said:

It’s more than crazy my friend, but you know what im done trying to make my point to others on here, they seem to be hypnotised by Unai/Monchi who can do no wrong. 

You don’t have to convince anyone Ric. Everyone has a different opinion and take on things. Just because some people don’t see eye to eye on one matter doesn’t mean they loathe or won’t see eye to eye on another. 
we’re here to debate and discuss all issues, state your point and who gives a fark if some don’t agree or give you stick, it’s not pissing contest as I’ve stated on here before.

I personally like Dougie but also think that we can improve on him be it after the the 1st of July or next. Do I like this deal? No it’s not ideal but if it allows us to stabilise this PSR mess and then attack a DL replacement new financial year (couple of weeks) then I’m down as I think Dougie is overrated to some extent by our fans but that’s my view and personally couldn’t two flying shits if some don’t agree with it and they’re entitled to their opinion. Don’t take it to heart brother x

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

I don't know anything about the Nedeljkovic deal so can't comment on that.

I don't think we are getting "fair" value for Doug per se, just that we are getting what can be expected given all the circumstances. It's all a mess tbh and just another example of how we will never be able to compete with the cheats at the top table.

Yes a spectacular mess tbh. 

I know you've been critical of those saying it wouldnt happen but I'm sure you can understand their scepticism given all the BS rumours that go round and how this deal just SOUNDED so wrong. 

Dissapointing for all of us that it looks like its true. 

Still struggling to believe it to be honest. 

Huge failure for the club and given all footballing matters are run by Monchi and Unai its on them. 

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

You said it wasn't true and therefore not happening. You called bullshit on the story.

Now you are saying you didn't..

There were loads of stories. Most of them incorrect. I truly want / wanted it to be bull, and I'm disappointed in the club for this (if it happens). It's a poor deal. 

You couldalso quote the number of times I said I'm not denying the possibility. But that it could easily be bull.

I could still be right about that. And if I'm wrong so what. Is it a criminal offense? 

Is there any proper proof It's happening? Only the word of Fabrizo Romano, and football insider. The rest is simply a regurgitation of their original tweets and article respectively.

I've only loosened my stance on that due to the recent plethora of articles citing new developments. 

20m cash is still not enough. Luiz is still being undervalued. 

It's still a f up from the club in my opinion as thonks stand. And however this turns out Monchi has to held responsible either way. Hopefully we end up celebrating his brilliance

5 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I know you've been critical of those saying it wouldnt happen but I'm sure you can understand their scepticism given all the BS rumours that go round and how this deal just SOUNDED so wrong. 

Huge failure for the club and given all footballing matters are run by Monchi and Unai its on them. 

Well, it hasn't happened yet and still may not (deals are never done until the ink is dry) but it's always been very likely.

I was critical of people that refused to acknowledge the PSR situation and just jumped on everyone reporting it and refusing to accept that it may be true. Calling it all lies and bullshit and some even resorting to insulting other fans who saw things for as they are. That I took umbrage with.

I suggested we may get around £120m for Duran, Luiz and Ramsey and got torn apart. People claiming we would get 200m for them etc....

I think I was pretty accurate with that number TBF.

Edited by GlobalVillan

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Bit harsh, they haven’t been here for 3 years which affect the accounts 

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

There were loads of stories. Most of them incorrect. I truly want / wanted it to be bull, and I'm disappointed in the club for this (if it happens). It's a poor deal. 

You couldalso quote the number of times I said I'm not denying the possibility. But that it could easily be bull.

I could still be right about that. And if I'm wrong so what. Is it a criminal offense? 

Is there any proper proof It's happening? Only the word of Fabrizo Romano, and football insider. The rest is simply a regurgitation of their original tweets and article respectively.

I've only loosened my stance on that due to the recent plethora of articles citing new developments. 

20m cash is still not enough. Luiz is still being undervalued. 

It's still a f up from the club in my opinion as thonks stand. And however this turns out Monchi has to held responsible either way. Hopefully we end up celebrating his brilliance

I don't know how or why we got into this situation and I am disappointed it's gotten to this. Modern football ey.

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Thats true failures run deep at Villa as they always seem to. Still struggling to understand the Jan business though if it led to this. That bit is certainly on them and tbh Unai at least has been here for half of the 3 year period. 

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Thats true failures run deep at Villa as they always seem to. Still struggling to understand the Jan business though if it led to this. That bit is certainly on them and tbh Unai at least has been here for half of the 3 year period. 

I agree about the Jan signings, but I guess they thought the deals were too good to bypass at that time

You dont get player like Luiz with 40 m anywhere. Gallagher is nowhere near his level or Caicedo.

We are giving him out for 20m and two squad fillers. Just Plain Stupid. Still believe this is bullshit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s just football fans.

Please spend ALL THE MONEY… but then, what a **** up after we spent so much!

Same with every club. 

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

The Jan business would’ve been around max £4m for this years’ accounts - still a figure, but fairly irrelevant in the grand scheme. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

You’re right, who knows? So all the hysterics and bed wetting is a bit pointless, no?

What hysterics, this is a fan forum where fellow fan express their opinions. 

If you read back you will see that I said if we sell an important player Luiz makes the most sense. But that was based on us getting 80m for him cash. Not 20m and a couple of cast offs.

We have 3 players (once Barkley arrives) that can play his role.

How much will we have to spend with this PSR 50m incoming. I can see at most 80 to 90m 

Chopping up the squad lot will have negative effects, particularly when one of the players sold is as important as Luiz.  So if speculation on Moreno, Cash and Duran is real what kind of replacements come in?

So this deal isn't a panacea, and may even be a poison. 

All this is looking like a far cry from the 3 or 4 deals most Journos and fan have been expecting. If the Journos were right then we probably only have one more player coming unless others are sold.

Our wage structure is already stretched to the limit. With IlingJr, Mckennie, and Barkley, their wage will be considerably more than Luiz's. Meaning fringe players have to be sold before others come in.

• Like 1

Just now, Philosopher said:

What hysterics, this is a fan forum where fellow fan express their opinions. 

If you read back you will see that I said if we sell an important player Luiz makes the most sense. But that was based on us getting 80m for him cash. Not 20m and a couple of cast offs.

We have 3 players (once Barkley arrives) that can play his role.

How much will we have to spend with this PSR 50m incoming. I can see at most 80 to 90m 

Chopping up the squad lot will have negative effects, particularly when one of the players sold is as important as Luiz.  So if speculation on Moreno, Cash and Duran is real what kind of replacements come in?

So this deal isn't a panacea, and may even be a poison. 

All this is looking like a far cry from the 3 or 4 deals most Journos and fan have been expecting. If the Journos were right then we probably only have one more player coming unless others are sold.

Our wage structure is already stretched to the limit. With IlingJr, Mckennie, and Barkley, their wage will be considerably more than Luiz's. Meaning fringe players have to be sold before others come in.

If we sell Luiz for £60m, and we assume no wage implication, base PSR reached etc - you’re looking at freeing up a hypothetical £240-300m to spend on players.

It’s a big deal. 

Â