Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Its more than crazy my friend, but you know what im done trying to make my point to others on here, they seem to be hypnotised by Unai/Monchi who can do no wrong. 

You can only base viewpoints on what's been achieved so far. 

So I ask you this.

Do you not think Emery and Monchi have earned our trust rather than assuming this will be a disaster because McKennie was shit in a Jessie Marsch Leeds team?

Really.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

If we sign Mckennie and Iling Jnr then only one month of amortisation would hit the 23/24 accounts rather than a full year right?  So it nearly would all be pure Dougie profit.

Well we can sign the deal to take place on 30th June so that zero cost (or 1 day) of their cost hits 23/24, and 100% of Luiz counts in 23/24.

11 minutes ago, useless said:

We're linked to Motherwell midfielder Lennon Miller, only seventeen but made thirty-two appearances for their first team last season.

Love an SPL signing.

1 hour ago, JPAngel said:

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong but the Dougie for Iling Jr + Mckennie + £20m deals are being completed as separate deals as I understand it. Let's say that, worst case scenario, Iling Jr and Mckennie are valued at £20m each, that would mean the following:

Douglas Luiz sale value: £60m - This goes right on to our bottom line.
Iling Jr purchase cost: £20m - however the actual book value will be this figure amortized over the length of the contract (let's say 4 years).
Mckennie purchase cost: £20m - as above.

Profit: £60m
Cost this season: £10m

Without ANY other outgoings, that could simplistically leave us with that £50m in the bank. Again, any player purchases must be amortized which means that we'd, in theory, be able to sign a £200m player on a 5 year deal and the book cost would be £40m.

I appreciate that this is a simplistic view, but I really don't think this is going to hurt us as much as some are making out.

Don't forget that is 10m less to spend for every season in the next 4 years. Which will be fine if they work out, but a burden if they don't. Also remember they will probably be on more than 100k combined per week too.

I still think this is a deal where we are on the losing end. Doug would be worth more if sold to Arsenal, and we'd get straight cash. To sell Doug for less than 70 million is poor. But we forced ourselves into this position by not taking PSR in to proper account.

If this shit is really happenning then to be fair Iling Jr is a player I can get behind, as he is young, high potential, and a ball carrier, that works hard to protect his fullback. He plays left wing where we need a such a player.

He isn't a left back, and isn't in any way a replacement to either Moreno or Digne. Could play wing back if we play a proper back 3, but not with a back two and Konsa at right back. 

Mckennie i don't rate, hope I'm wrong about him.

I blame Monchi for this poor bit of business. This could easily go how Roma did for him.  He needs to redeem himself now. He has to do a good job with moving on the likes of Coutinho, Dendonker, Hause and the rest. Plus bring in a fantastic right centre back as a minimum. Still want a proper DM too.

Still not convinced it's happening as it's a f*** up I did / do not expect from Monchi. This has Stephen Ireland swap for Milner written all over it. One went on the be regular at Citeh, Liverpool, and for England. The other was a complete waste, and a drain on our finances. Which I said was a losing deal before that went through too (I wonder if villatalk have that thread somewhere). 

If it happens hopefully Iling Jr turns into a superstar. And Mckennie turns out to be useful.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

I have been trying to tell you its true all day but you just won't accept it.

Also, there is plenty of time to replace Dougie in this window. 

The players coming in from Juve will be squad fillers and NOT a Doug replacement.

We need a bigger squad and we are getting one.

Squad fillers are generally a waste of money.

I never said it wasn't happening. I first offered an alternative view.of the matter, then went on to point out that all of this is speculation. I also feel this (if it goes through is a bad piece of business). It's very high risk, where at best we end up with a player that becomes as good as Luiz in two to 4 years time, plus 20m, and a useful utility player in Mckennie.

But how will the loss of Luiz affect us. Especially when we have to play champions league games. Will Barkley be able to stay fit through the majority of the season. Tielemens too. Even with a manager like Emery, it's a huge risk.

7 hours ago, Philosopher said:

The whole Juve Luiz transfer stuff is primarily all bull coming from Juve's side.

Basically this is a all a smokescreen for our transfer business and FFP displeasure.

5 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I never said it wasn't happening. 

Do you even know what you are saying?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Squad fillers are generally a waste of money.

I never said it wasn't happening. I first offered an alternative view.of the matter, then went on to point out that all of this is speculation. I also feel this (if it goes through is a bad piece of business). It's very high risk, where at best we end up with a player that becomes as good as Luiz in two to 4 years time, plus 20m, and a useful utility player in Mckennie.

But how will the loss of Luiz affect us. Especially when we have to play champions league games. Will Barkley be able to stay fit through the majority of the season. Tielemens too. Even with a manager like Emery, it's a huge risk.

Do you honestly think that’s us done in the transfer market? 

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Do you honestly think that’s us done in the transfer market? 

Read the post before the one you quoted.

Future business cannot be counted on. Will it be sufficient? Who knows?

Edited by Philosopher

46 minutes ago, useless said:

We're linked to Motherwell midfielder Lennon Miller, only seventeen but made thirty-two appearances for their first team last season.

Link or it didn’t happen.

• Haha 1

Just now, Philosopher said:

Quote the whole post, don't cherry pick.

You said it's all bull coming from Juve side!

Now you are saying you didn't say it. You can't say it's all bullshit and a smokescreen and then later say you didn't say it's not true.

You literally did. And that's why I quoted that part.

1 hour ago, trillvillan said:

If he (McKennie) was so good for them, why are they so desperately trying to get rid?

I’ve seen loads of McKennie and he isn’t suited for the Prem, he’ll spend half the time on the treatment table. He’s literally the “warm” body type originally being from Dallas Texas, he can’t play in the cold climates literally. Why he’s done alright in Italy, but he even was bang average with his time at Schalke. His international performances for the USMNT aren’t really setting the world alight. So we’re going to give up a potential world class player and a full time Brazilian international for him?! It’s crazy to me. 

If Juve also threw in closer to 40m on top of the players, then I’d be more inclined, but McKennie is disgraceful in comparison to Luiz. 

Luiz has never been a regular for Brazil and is behind Guimares, Joelinton, Paqueta and Fred for a start.

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

You said it's all bull coming from Juve side!

Now you are saying you didn't say it. You can't say it's all bullshit and a smokescreen and then later say you didn't say it's not true.

You literally did. And that's why I quoted that part.

I said quote the whole post. I never denied I wrote those out of context sentences.

I bloody well should be bull! It's a bad deal.

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

I said quote the whole post. I never denied I wrote those out of context sentences.

I bloody well should be bull! It's a bad deal.

You said it wasn't true and therefore not happening. You called bullshit on the story.

Now you are saying you didn't..

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

I have been trying to tell you its true all day but you just won't accept it.

Also, there is plenty of time to replace Dougie in this window. 

The players coming in from Juve will be squad fillers and NOT a Doug replacement.

We need a bigger squad and we are getting one.

@GlobalVillan sounds like you hear bits an pieces from those within the game. 

Are you able to explain why we spent £8m on Nedeljkovic (to be left on loan for the rest of the season) and another £8-10m on Rodgers (who I think was seen as a project and has progressed quicker than most expected) if it meant we'd be in the position of having to sell one of our best players under duress like this. 

I know you think we are getting fair value for Dougie which is fair enough but based on his output of goals/assists and his overall stats plus the eye test. I'm struggling to see how he can be worth half of Rice, Caicedo or Enzo. Fair enough we wouldnt get the same money but I dont understand why the gap is SO big. 

Only makes sense if we are absolutley being forced into it which makes those January signings look very odd indeed. 

Big questions for Monchi, the club and Unai for me. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

On 07/06/2024 at 01:18, useless said:

Why are people so obssessed with selling Luiz, get it into your head gullable sucker bonces that we don't have to sell him

So after insulting fellow Villa fans it turns out you may be, in fact, totally wrong.

Who'd have thought?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Surely there are other sales we can make in the short term and keep Dougie if he will sign a new contract… we haven’t been linked to a player who could replace what we would lose yet.

40m for Duran (Chelsea) would be good, around 20m for Cash (Milan).

Then we have players like Digne, Carlos, Dendoncker and even Moreno (linked with a move back to Betis today), Archer, Iroegbunam that we could generate further funds from…

Chambers and Coutinho to get rid of, wages off the books, and Hause.

Edited by Jas10

6 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Read the post before the one you quoted.

Future business cannot be counted on. Will it be sufficient? Who knows?

You’re right, who knows? So all the hysterics and bed wetting is a bit pointless, no?

• Like 1

Â