Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I could see all of those on that list leaving, to be honest. 

Sorry - I meant all the ones you stated, but not any others. Unless the offer was exceptional, perhaps. 

• Like 1

Gallagher, Mckennie, Iling Jnr in

Luiz and Duran out

£0 net cost

That strengthens us right considering Barkley and Archer incoming too

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Oh great we’ll be going up against City and Liverpool with Mckennie in our central midfield and possibly Barkley and Gallagher yeah ill say nothing more, 

Last time we played those teams, was Luiz playing by himself while the other 10 players watched from the sidelines?

Are we actively selling all the other players in the midfield currently and signing no more either?

Because that is how non sensical this sounds 

In fairness, we also beat Liverpool 7 - 2 with a shitter team and Ross Barkley in it 😂🤦🏽‍♂️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Luiz and Duran out

£0 net cost

Sounds like were gearing up for a strong midtable finish next season.

If we finish above Palace Unai will have worked another miracle.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Luiz and Duran out

£0 net cost

And crucially settles PSR issues so that we can then go and stengthen further

Edited by DaoDeMings

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

We rocked up to the Emirates last season with Tielemans and McGInn in midfield, no Dougie that day and we battered them.

Part of the reason Doug leaving doesn't seem like too much of an issue is that Tielemans played better than him in the same role in the second half of the season imo

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Sounds like were gearing up for a strong midtable finish next season and If we finish above Palace Unai will have worked another miracle.

Christ so Luiz leaving drops us from being a top 4 team to a mid table team? 😂

How shit are all the other players who helped us get there, and again, when did Luiz become prime Yaya Toure?

Are there any other midfielders in the world as good as or better than Luiz?

Are we under transfer embargo once we sell him?

I need to stay off the threads FFS.

The hyperbole is unreal.

Imagine if Luiz got a season long injury in pre season?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

I'm 100% reserving any judgment on our transfer dealings until we see both halves of the equation- up to the end of June, and after June. 

Clearly this is a highly unusual window in that we can't just get who we want off the bat, so I'm gonna wait to see all the variables. If our early dealings are just squad building/PRS negotiation, and adding quality comes later, then the whole perspective of the window shifts and a few could be left with egg on face at going ballistic early doors.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We rocked up to the Emirates last season with Tielemans and McGInn in midfield, no Dougie that day and we battered them.

One off without him but we always suffer to liverpool and city the majority of the time i want us competing against them with the best players possible

9 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Alex Baena will be Dougie's replacement, when the dust settles, I believe Emery has been after him since he arrived at Villa.

Not in the same position mate

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Christ so Luiz leaving drops us from being a top 4 team to a mid table team? 😂

How shit are all the other players who helped us get there, and again, when did Luiz become prime Yaya Toure?

Are there any other midfielders in the world better than Luiz?

Are we under transfer embargo once we sell him?

I need to stay off the threads FFS.

The hyperbole is unreal.

Imagine if Luiz got a season long injury in pre season?

We aint getting top 6 the way its going, but ill judge that more at the end of the window

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

We aint getting top 6 the way its going, but ill judge that more at the end of the window

Insane pessimism. Nothing has even happened yet!

• Like 2

Its been a sickening window so far, was not anticipating any of this at all, Bailey probably gets sold next along with Konsa and then ill have to hear some of you guys say we can replace them with better 🙃

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Alex Baena will be Dougie's replacement, when the dust settles, I believe Emery has been after him since he arrived at Villa.

I'd be surprised. He plays Left Midfield, he's more in Ramsey/Rogers/Zaniolo's position.

Would love him, but he'd have some big adapting to do to fit Dougies role.

Its been a sickening window so far, was not anticipating any of this at all, Bailey probably gets sold next along with Konsa and then ill have to hear some of you guys say we can replace them with better 🙃

Are you forgetting that we're managed by super Unai Emery? He could bring Jean Makoun back and I'd have faith

• Like 1

Martinez, Watkins, Torres and McGinn to be sold in the next month too.

I've heard we'll be replacing them with Scott Carson, Harry Maguire, Danny Ings and Mark Noble.

PSR sorted.

• Haha 3

Â