Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Probably is the equivalent of what Grealish was to be fair, definitely the most talented player in our team. 

Only difference is we aren’t a one man team but this is still a big loss. And unlike Jack we aren’t getting £100m to soften the blow but 2 players of dubious quality and less than £20m.

But hey it apparently improves our PSR position so it’s all cool.

Dendoncker replaced by McKennie, young talent in. Funds freed up to spend big in the summer.

We’re the worst. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Dendoncker replaced by McKennie, young talent in. Funds freed up to spend big in the summer.

We’re the worst. 

Donk is still our player, McKennie and Barkley are the replacements for Luiz and the injured Kamara as it stands, hence the bed wetting.

Let’s see who else we get. It’s not been a good start.

Just now, Leeroy said:

Donk is still our player, McKennie and Barkley are the replacements for Luiz and the injured Kamara as it stands, hence the bed wetting.

Let’s see who else we get. It’s not been a good start.

It hasn’t even happened yet.

There’s nothing to say McKennie and Barkley are replacements for Luiz and Kamara.

This is just absurdity :D  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’m not sure this is true. 

The Italian league has had somewhat of a resurgence. They've got some decent teams there now. AC, Inter, Juve, Napoli, Atalanta, Lazio, Roma etc. 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There’s nothing to say McKennie and Barkley are replacements for Luiz and Kamara.

There is also nothing to say they aren’t either.  Emery has mentioned only wanting a few transfers so this could be it for the centre of midfield, if then other areas are looked at.

we won’t know until the window closes but this could or could not complete our centre midfield for the upcoming season….either is plausible and that’s the concern for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

There is also nothing to say they aren’t either.  Emery has mentioned only wanting a few transfers so this could be it for the centre of midfield, if then other areas are looked at.

we won’t know until the window closes but this could or could not complete our centre midfield for the upcoming season….either is plausible and that’s the concern for me.

Only a few transfers is the correct way to do things - no concerns with that.

I honestly can’t believe there are people out there who have witnessed what these owners and this manager and his team have done at Aston Villa in such a short space of time, who think they would replace Luiz and Kamara with Barkley and McKennie for the season ahead and be done with it.

**** insane. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

I'm a big fan of Douglas Luiz and this one hurts.

McKennie seems to divide opinion but he's versatile, has experience and is arguably a step-up on Dendoncker.

Iling Jnr, has rather a cool name and he looks strong and quick; he's maybe a diamond in the making.

Don't we still need a replacement for Luiz? Is it Gallagher and Barkley?

You know what it seems like we are better off to be honest; it's not ALL about Douglas Luiz but the future of Aston Villa.

• Like 2

Seems like a lot of speculation about outgoings, perhaps hinting to a significant overhaul of the squad. 

Links to Douglas Luiz, Cash, Moreno and Duran leaving and that's only today's links.

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Only a few transfers is the correct way to do things - no concerns with that.

I honestly can’t believe there are people out there who have witnessed what these owners and this manager and his team have done at Aston Villa in such a short space of time, who think they would replace Luiz and Kamara with Barkley and McKennie for the season ahead and be done with it.

**** insane. 

Luiz replacement is yet to be signed. I'm 100% confident of that. 

McKennie, Barkley and Iling Junior are players for the squad to battle it out and quite frankly, a massive improvement on Dendoncker, Chambers and Moreno (who was rubbish last year). 

Fairly confident after this deal gets done, we'll go after genuine first team quality in one of the full back positions, central midfield and an attacking player. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm a big fan of Douglas Luiz and this one hurts.

McKennie seems to divide opinion but he's versatile, has experience and is arguably a step-up on Dendoncker.

Iling Jnr, has rather a cool name and he looks strong and quick; he's maybe a diamond in the making.

Don't we still need a replacement for Luiz? Is it Gallagher and Barkley?

You know what it seems like we are better off to be honest; it's not ALL about Douglas Luiz but the future of Aston Villa.

Gallagher is not a replacement for Doug.

Two different type of players entirely.

Barkley will be a squad player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Seems like a lot of speculation about outgoings, perhaps hinting to a significant overhaul of the squad. 

Links to Douglas Luiz, Cash, Moreno and Duran leaving and that's only today's links.

Can’t see many others leaving - or, rather, other first team squad players leaving.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Luiz replacement is yet to be signed. I'm 100% confident of that. 

McKennie, Barkley and Iling Junior are players for the squad to battle it out and quite frankly, a massive improvement on Dendoncker, Chambers and Moreno (who was rubbish last year). 

Fairly confident after this deal gets done, we'll go after genuine first team quality in one of the full back positions, central midfield and an attacking player. 

Agree with you there. We need to improve the quality of our bench and squad overall. Especially when it’s so much of a squad game. We have more options. I would imagine nobody has any idea what they’ve got cooked up for actual replacements. 

Just now, troon_villan said:

Bad taste in my mouth over this Luiz deal.  I mean does Emery really really want these players?

What if Dougie wants to leave? I’m sure they’ve scouted these players very closely. We’ve been linked with both before. 

Just now, troon_villan said:

Bad taste in my mouth over this Luiz deal.  I mean does Emery really really want these players?

Their is 0% chance this deal happens if he doesn't.  

Â