Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

We are in a pickle and the Luiz sale gets us out of it.

It’s rumoured only that we are in a pickle

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

And now that Fabrizio b**tard is reporting the life out of it i really cant stand him.

Extremely risky business Imo Mckennie who was a flop at leeds and has hardly done nothing in Serie A no thank you!! 

I was only just accepting the Barkley one. (As a squad player) but this has just gone to a new level of disappointment, so ill be seeing Barkley and Mckennie and no more Luiz 😫 these are players that were only seemingly good enough for us around two seasons ago and its at THIS time we need the most premium quality type of players

Yeah I'm not keen on McKennie at all. Dreadful player. Barkley I think is a great squad addition tho.

I expect we will be bringing in stronger players after the Euros. We won't sit still.

6 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Maybe he wants to leave as well? I know it seems weird, but Juventus are still renowned in peoples eyes. There’s still the possibility he is open to leaving Villa despite achieving top 4, that could be a personal goal of his that he ticked off and he may want a new challenge in a new league. 

Personally Luiz has been one of my favourite players since his first goal for us vs Bournemouth, but if he leaves I know there’s players out there that can soften the blow. I doubt us signing Barkley and McKennie would mean we won’t sign someone like a Baena etc. 

I really don't think Dougie would want to leave right now. He's said he loves it here and I just can't envisage him asking to leave and missing out on playing elite level European competition with a club he's been at for 5 years now. Maybe next summer if he didn't sign a new contract but not now. We're hardly a sinking ship are we and even when we were under Gerrard he signed a new contract and stayed.

Juventus are a big club for sure but finished about as far off the title in Serie A last season as we did, they are not the side they once were and need a lot of work. I also thought it was the end of us selling our best players to bigger clubs, we don't do that any more and certainly not at below their value. We got £20m each for two Academy players who had never started a game for us, so £60m for Dougie feels awfully low to our usual dealings. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We are selling him for less than his value and we would undoubtedly be asking a lot more for him if we were in a stronger position, hence we are being conned. Or to coin a more diplomatic phrase, we are getting the short end of the stick.

There are other ways around our PSR situation - i.e. selling someone else. I struggle to believe that Luiz is the only player other clubs want, we have lots of other good players here and they are less important than Luiz. 

And even if we genuinely can't offload anyone else, it's disappointing that we got ourselves into a position where we had to sell a key player before a certain date because from a business point of view it really isn't very clever. 

Cash,Digne,Buendia,Moreno,Carlos,Duran all could have been used instead surely and dare i say it even JJ, look he was not part of the eleven that got us to qualifying for UCL Dougie WAS lets not forget, anybody that played an instrumental part in that i would not like for them to be sold.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Cash,Digne,Buendia,Moreno,Carlos,Duran all could have been used instead surely and dare i say it even JJ, look he was not part of the eleven that got us to qualifying for UCL Dougie WAS lets not forget, anybody that played an instrumental part in that i would not like for them to be sold.

So why weren't they?

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

It's pretty well known tbh

As I’ve said before, financial accounts won’t be known outside of very few.  People can make guessestimates of course but even their tolerance level in their spreadsheets will be millions/tens of millions.  Only a few at Villa from Owners, Execs (including Monchi and Emery) and senior finance members would know.

15 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I look at it like this:

2023/24:  Luiz, McGinn, Kamara, Tielemans, Dendoncker, Iroegbunam/Chambers

2024/25:  Gallagher, McGinn, Kamara, Tielemans, Barkley, McKinnee

That's a huge improvement overall to the squad and depth at central midfield.  We'd have one of the strongest CM groups in the Prem and more than enough depth to cover injuries and rotation for Europe. 

That's only if we get Gallagher done which is far from certain. We definitely need some kind of quality player if it isn't Gallagher (Fofana, Merino, etc) as McKennie and Barkley in for Luiz is really weakening us. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

As I’ve said before, financial accounts won’t be known outside of very few.  People can make guessestimates of course but even their tolerance level in their spreadsheets will be millions/tens of millions.  Only a few at Villa from Owners, Execs (including Monchi and Emery) and senior finance members would know.

That's not true. Amongst agents, there is a lot of knowledge of these sorts of things that gets passed around. It's always been that way. There are a LOT of people who would have access to this sort of information in some form or other.

The players themselves know these things for one, as do their agents and all the people working with them.

7 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We got £20m each for two Academy players who had never started a game for us, so £60m for Dougie feels awfully low to our usual dealings. 

Different landscape now. I think the days of galactico £100m signings is gone for a few years. Everyone's prices will have dropped - though that works for buying as well as selling.

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

That's only if we get Gallagher done which is far from certain. We definitely need some kind of quality player if it isn't Gallagher (Fofana, Merino, etc) as McKennie and Barkley in for Luiz is really weakening us. 

And Kamara is out until Christmas or so meaning he'll miss the whole CL group stage

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

That's not true. Amongst agents, there is a lot of knowledge of these sorts of things that gets passed around. It's always been that way. There are a LOT of people who would have access to this sort of information in some form or other.

The players themselves know these things for one, as do their agents and all the people working with them.

Are you kidding, the unpublished financial accounts for the current year are not passed around.  As a person who works in finance, it is a closely controlled information and only people who have delegated authority in that company has that information.  I may not know about agents and stuff but finance, controls and requirements is my field of expertise.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Are you kidding, the unpublished financial accounts for the current year are not passed around.  As a person who works in finance, it is a closely controlled information and only people who have delegated authority in that company has that information.  I may not know about agents and stuff but finance, controls and requirements is my field of expertise.

Yes but players and their agents are informed about the situation and given permission to speak to other clubs.  The club let them know their reasons for making them available as quite often, players don't want to leave and so it's explained to them why the are being sold. 

Happens all the time.

FWIW, I have no idea whether Doug actually wants to leave, but either way, it appears likely he will be.

Edited by GlobalVillan

9 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I really don't think Dougie would want to leave right now. He's said he loves it here and I just can't envisage him asking to leave and missing out on playing elite level European competition with a club he's been at for 5 years now. Maybe next summer if he didn't sign a new contract but not now. We're hardly a sinking ship are we and even when we were under Gerrard he signed a new contract and stayed.

Juventus are a big club for sure but finished about as far off the title in Serie A last season as we did, they are not the side they once were and need a lot of work. I also thought it was the end of us selling our best players to bigger clubs, we don't do that any more and certainly not at below their value. We got £20m each for two Academy players who had never started a game for us, so £60m for Dougie feels awfully low to our usual dealings. 

Well Juventus will be playing champions league as well, so Luiz will get to play in that should he leave.

Luiz does love the club but do you not think it’s a risk to keep him till he has 12 months left? What if we do that and then he wants to leave on a free? It’s been explained that the deal with Juventus will still help us out with PSR/FFP and can allow us to spend a bit more. Also there’s the possibility that we prefer that deal than selling him to a PL rival.

As mentioned before the market is changing in front of us again, I highly doubt many players are going to move for 70 mill plus this window. We took advantage when the market was a bit crazy, that’s why we got £20 mill for Chukwuemeka etc. 

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Tbf even closely controlled information spill out. I work in law and the amount of times you discover confidential information is actually something everyone knows is staggering. Doesn’t take more than a few pints or just spilling the beans to the wrong people as a flex as to secret knowledge.  

The club making so much noise about FFP is also a bit of an indicator. 

43 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

But there is also the possibility that we aboslutely have to raise a certain amount by June 30th or face a points deduction.

Love to see those stats saying Luiy is better than Guimares.  The eye test says no.  But all 3 including gallacher and luis are over value. Luiz 50 galagher 35

18 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

You could argue mckennis and Barkley strenthen the squad. No more chambers off the bench ir playing JM in a different role. Overall better despite losing an arguably better player

24 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

It's not about being smarter than that it's about the reality of PSR. I work with agents of PL players and as an agent for ex pros from big clubs myself, I go off more than the rumour mill. I can categorically tell you that it's widely known that we along with several other clubs are facing financial restrictions that force our hand when it comes to player sales.

You are grossly misunderstanding the whole situation and sticking your fingers in your ears.

Of course it's not definite he will sign for Juve as deals aren't done until the ink is dry and we aren't seemingly at that stage yet. But it's looking very, very likely.

Are you saying you're in the know, and privy to our financial accounts situation?

As an agent you surely know all the shenanigans that go on in the rumour mill.

The psr / ffp have been around for 10 years, we should be well aware of them and plan accordingly. To not do so is being negligent.

I'm not "putting my fingers in my ears" but until you or anyone else can provide facts then I find it hard to believe we would accept such a rubbish deal. As yet no fact are provided, just rumour mill. If a deal is being negotiated then the teams must be miles apart. 

Iling -Jr is a player with potential that needs development. Mckennie is a player that flopped at Leeds, and is known to have distractions outside of football. Plus, he simply lacks the technical qualities we would look for in a midfielder. 

There is just so much about it that doesn't make sense. Are things really that desperate?  If so then it's poor management, plain and simple!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What happened to only buying players that improve our first XI neither Barkley or Mckennie do this, they are nothing more than squad players.

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 1

Â