Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

The thing is Iling Jr would cost us us 15 to 20 million and we would get at best 6 to 7 million for Moreno, while getting a player that  (at best) would probably be worse defensively than Moreno, but on par going forward. 

I suspect if we did sign Iling Jr it would as a left winger primarily.

I think he'd play Moreno's role - essentially a left winger in possession with fewer defensive responsibilities. I'd rather have someone more reliable than Digne, but as I said, I think those three would be enough.

There's also the possibility that one of Mings/Torres plays on the left of a 3 CB system.

Just remembered Hermoso too. Moreno, Digne out and Hermoso, Illing-Junior in would be great business and give us plenty of depth.

I find it strange that the Hermoso stuff has gone quiet, and that we have only really been linked to Tobido spuriously. 

Centre back is definitely a position we need to strengthen in, but there hasn't  been much in that area in regards to gossip. 

Only central midfielder links we have seen with any regularity, but not one DM apart from Barkley. It's all very strange.

I can only assume Barkley is seen as the DM we need.

2 minutes ago, DaoDeMings said:

I think he'd play Moreno's role - essentially a left winger in possession with fewer defensive responsibilities. I'd rather have someone more reliable than Digne, but as I said, I think those three would be enough.

There's also the possibility that one of Mings/Torres plays on the left of a 3 CB system.

Just remembered Hermoso too. Moreno, Digne out and Hermoso, Illing-Junior in would be great business and give us plenty of depth.

Personally I can only see Illing Jr as a left winger (which I feel we need) or a wing back if we are looking to play with 3 centre backs and wing backs. I can't see us playing him at left back at all. 

Personally I can only see Illing Jr as a left winger (which I feel we need) or a wing back if we are looking to play with 3 centre backs and wing backs. I can't see us playing him at left back at all. 

We've played with three centre backs most of last season, so Iling-Junior at LWB makes a lot of sense.

As much as I love Dougie, and his obvious qualities, his lack of physicality and speed in the middle of the park does bother me sometimes - often resorting to conceding free kicks/ getting yellow cards to compensate. This is obviously amplified when Kamara isnt on the pitch to provide that presence.

I guess more powerful central midfielders to control the middle of the park would be nice to have - and we should have Buendia back to provide the defence splitting passes that Dougie provides

Bigger worry is who is gonna take the penalties!

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

As much as I love Dougie, and his obvious qualities, his lack of physicality and speed in the middle of the park does bother me sometimes - often resorting to conceding free kicks/ getting yellow cards to compensate. This is obviously amplified when Kamara isnt on the pitch to provide that presence.

I guess more powerful central midfielders to control the middle of the park would be nice to have - and we should have Buendia back to provide the defence splitting passes that Dougie provides

Bigger worry is who is gonna take the penalties!

Don't worry, we hardly ever get penalties. We're not Chelsea.

21 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

You have no basis for that claim whatsoever.

Luiz was always likely to go this month and as I have said before, 60 to 70m is about where his value is.

People expecting 80/100m are just way off and overvaluing him. Same with Duran, who will likely go for around 30m. And not the 50m others have suggested.

The Juve links are real and from what I hear, quite far down the road.

I don't have any evidence or proof for the claim. My basis is selling players for less than their value (according to transfermarkt Luiz is worth 70m), so anything less than that is poor business on our part. From what we know of Monchi he wouldn't accept this. 

Generally when a player with 2 years on his contract and is an important member of the team is sold, its for over their actual value. So I would expect us to demand a deal worth 75 million. 

Iling-jr and Mckennie combined are worth 40m. So by that metric it should be those 2 plus 35m. And that's before we mention both players only have a year left on their current deals.

The financial aspects of this deal, plus the notion we have to sell before the end of the month, all make me believe this is bull.

I can't see how Monchi and our owners could be this inept. Selling our 3rd best player for significantly less than his value because we are desperate for money to avoid FFP penalties is poor business dealing.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Oh my life we have well and truly f****d ourselves with this one 😤 well done villa 👏🏽

from reading between the lines this is a necessary unpalatable business decision, and not a football decision. Blame the restrictive FA rules, not Villa for this one

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I don't have any evidence or proof for the claim. My basis is selling players for less than their value (according to transfermarkt Luiz is worth 70m), so anything less than that is poor business on our part. From what we know of Monchi he wouldn't accept this. 

Generally when a player with 2 years on his contract and is an important member of the team is sold, its for over their actual value. So I would expect us to demand a deal worth 75 million. 

Iling-jr and Mckennie combined are worth 40m. So by that metric it should be those 2 plus 35m. And that's before we mention both players only have a year left on their current deals.

The financial aspects of this deal, plus the notion we have to sell before the end of the month, all make me believe this is bull.

I can't see how Monchi and our owners could be this inept. Selling our 3rd best player for significantly less than his value because we are desperate for money to avoid FFP penalties is poor business dealing.

There's your mistake there.  Football clubs don't use transfermarkt's made up valuations to value their player.

• Like 1

Generally when a player with 2 years on his contract and is an important member of the team is sold, its for over their actual value. So I would expect us to demend a deal worth 75 million. 

Iling-jr and Mckennie combined are worth 40m. So by that metric it should be those 2 plus 35. And that before we mention both players only have a year left on their current deals.

The financial aspects of this deal, plus the notion we have to sell before the end of the month, all make believe this is bull.

You don't have any evidence of proof for your claim and yet here you are now doubling down on it and calling it all bull?

Villa and Juventus are in talks and have been for a while it seems. The reality is that we Do have PSR issues and it's pretty well known tbh. 

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Neither of them can pass the ball as well, nor are they as composed and technical as Dougie is. Again, he’s our orchestrator or playmaker and none of the players or names mentioned measure up to him in that regard.

If we have to replace him, I assume it would be separately or after any deal we do with Juve. Maybe it’s why we’ve been linked to Soler…

My concern is that we would be significantly downgrading and losing too much of what Dougie gives us… Unai really relies on him.

We need technical players who excel at passing the ball and are unflustered in possession or under pressure.

Runners or box to box players like Barkley and Gallagher are not comparable or proper replacements for such a player… the only alternative we would end up with is Tielemans but he can be inconsistent, tired and picks up knocks and injuries.

We also need to get a DM or Kamara type… maybe that’s someone like Fofana and Thuram who can both intercept and tackle yet carry the ball forward and pass it well.

Exactly this so why are people so comfortable with him leaving, this guy has been with us since we came back up and then we finally get UCL and hes f**king leaving im absolutely fuming surely we could have shifted a few other players instead, im not seeing any sense with it and I think our success is blinding ppl and masking over how much of a loss this will be 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not feeling too bad about the deal tbh. If it means we can get any money worries out of the way and push on in the rest of the window I think it's a necessary evil to some extent.

As much as Doug is a loved player, Tielemans looked good in his role so I actually don't think he'll be missed too much. Plus we're getting two decent players out of it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

If we are selling Luiz for less than his actual valuation, then it's more likely that Emery wants rid of him, rather than ffp.

20m plus about 30-40m worth of players isn't below his valuation really.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

from reading between the lines this is a necessary unpalatable business decision, and not a football decision. Blame the restrictive FA rules, not Villa for this one

No blame Villa for this, the rules have been there for a decade, and we know the rules. 

Â