Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

22 minutes ago, duke313 said:

What if the players we bring in to replace them then become our best players?

Before Emery, most of us would have been happy enough to sell Konsa, Luiz, Mginn or Watkins. Emery has taken them to another level, no reason to believe he won’t do that with whom ever replaces them.

But surely the plan would be to overlap them? We buy a new player, he settles in gets his head around the tactics and the league, the established "best" player slips down the pecking order then gets sold

Dare I say it Mings after a year or two of Pau...

Selling a star player and then hoping his replacement is better is dangerous 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I strongly disagree. If we are talking about making him a first choice player maybe. But he's a different profile to our other attacking players and shouldn't be that expensive. He's productive in his minutes, always shows for the ball, progresses the ball well through both passing and ball carrying, can beat press with his dribbling skills and can put a shift on defensively. 

Let’s just agree to disagree, just can’t agree with most of what you’ve said about him.

The idea "most" were happy to sell those 4 players in an absolute myth. I'd concede many thought McGinn might not make the step we hoped for to the Premier League and his form under Gerrard compounded the issues over the captaincy with Gerrard.

But there has never been a majority wanting to sell Konsa, Luiz, McGinn and Watkins.

Ridiculous notion.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

The idea "most" were happy to sell those 4 players in an absolute myth. I'd concede many thought McGinn might not make the step we hoped for to the Premier League and his form under Gerrard compounded the issues over the captaincy with Gerrard.

But there has never been a majority wanting to sell Konsa, Luiz, McGinn and Watkins.

Ridiculous notion.

Go and read their threads during the Gerrard era.

• Like 2

To be fair, I'd kinda lost faith with Konsa during the Gerrard era. I thought he was poor for 12 months to be honest and figured it might be time to upgrade. He's been class under Emery though, no doubt.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

To be fair, I'd kinda lost faith with Konsa during the Gerrard era. I thought he was poor for 12 months to be honest and figured it might be time to upgrade. He's been class under Emery though, no doubt.

Him and mcginn both. I thought they were washed up in the Gerrard Era. Now they’re both outstanding. Amazing how shit management makes a difference 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Ridiculous notion.

Tbf I was willing to sell Konsa thought he was clearly the worse defender of him and Mings. And bringing in Pau would signal the end for him. Mings is still the better pkayer by a mile imo but he's stepped his game up and now his versatility would let him play with both as RB. 

IF we are considering selling Luiz to Juve, it’s worth noting that Fabrizio Romano is reporting Fulham’s Palhinha is off to Bayern for €45m, I would rate Dougie as similar value to him or 5-10 mill more expensive. It’s a rough benchmark for cost of a quality midfielder this window.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

IF we are considering selling Luiz to Juve, it’s worth noting that Fabrizio Romano is reporting Fulham’s Palhinha is off to Bayern for €45m, I would rate Dougie as similar value to him or 5-10 mill more expensive. It’s a rough benchmark for cost of a quality midfielder this window.

Luiz is way better than palhinha. Palhinha is purely defensive and can't pass at all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He's almost 3 years older than Dougie too. If it wasn't for PSR, I wouldn't mind us going for him, so they could play together. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, John said:

He's almost 3 years older than Dougie too. If it wasn't for PSR, I wouldn't mind us going for him, so they could play together. 

And those 3 years normally make a huge difference in player valuations.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Yes and new head coach so moving a couple of players on brings in funds for new signings. 

Motta coming in from Bologna isn't he so can see a few of their players going to Juve. Was talk Lewis Ferguson was going to sign for Juventus before he did his ACL in April.

If Doug is starting for Brazil in Copa America I think he might stay with us a bit longer.

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

Go and read their threads during the Gerrard era.

Bailey was the obvious one for majority wanting him sold.

That's where world class management AND coaching on the training pitch makes a huge difference to a player's confidence. Now Bailey has a "main man" vibe in our team and relishes that and will be back for more next season.

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Luiz is way better than palhinha. Palhinha is purely defensive and can't pass at all. 

No he isn't and he can pass.

9 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

McKennie did have a very good season, I had to watch a lot of their games. The in laws insist 🤦🏻‍♂️

Forced to watch 'The Old Lady' because of your old lady?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

McKennie did have a very good season, I had to watch a lot of their games. The in laws insist 🤦🏻‍♂️

You still have eyes after watching Allegri go full McLeish

7 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Ridiculous notion.

Definitely Watkins was trying to be moved on weekly. If he didnt score it was because he wasn't Jonathan David or Tammy and if he scored we had get maximum value for him 

7 minutes ago, supermon said:

Wouldn't mind seeing him at Villa as Ollie rotation.

Edouard was a better striker at Celtic and ticked more Premier League boxes than Furuhashi and has done nothing

No thanks

• Like 3

Â