Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 hours ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Problem with getting this done; concern over Crested Newts.

As the rare crested newts found all over building sites in the uk 😂

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I’m honestly curious, what’s he gotten right?

Im just calling out the gif stuff acting like it’s a certainty when it’s still just as speculative. Better to say nothing rather than present it as fact with such tweets. 

Called Ings before it was reported by anyone else/the club, I'm sure there's other Villa-related ones but also different academy players signing etc. Beyond that more recently called Maresca to Chelsea/them not being interested in RDZ for specific factors when it was mostly being reported that he was lined up for the job. He's called plenty of things that I'm sure others will know also, it's not an account dedicated to speculation though hence why there's a bit more trust put into it the odd time there is.

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Hermoso is a left sided centre back not a left back. It’s one or the other to replace Carlos. 

I think the wide ranging belief is Hermoso would come in to do the Konsa role on the left side. Giving us the option to play either:

Konsa Carlos* Pau Moreno

Or

Cash* Konsa Pau Hermoso

*Possibly replaced by new transfers

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

As the rare crested newts found all over building sites in the uk 😂

Yes any old excuse as was used many years ago in a past development of Bodymore.

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think the wide ranging belief is Hermoso would come in to do the Konsa role on the left side. Giving us the option to play either:

Konsa Carlos* Pau Moreno

Or

Cash* Konsa Pau Hermoso

Have a lot of love for Cash and like the idea in theory but feel like for it to work we'd need another right back in with better, more consistent attacking quality than him. He has all the energy in the world to play the role but there'd be more importance than ever placed on his end product which can often be lacking.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Konsa Carlos* Pau Moreno

Or

Cash* Konsa Pau Hermoso

Cash isn't capable of playing that role, he can't dribble or cross 🤣 Frimpong on the other hand....

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Konsa Carlos* Pau Moreno

Or

Cash* Konsa Pau Hermoso

Pau, Konsa, Lenglet, are all ball playing centre backs.....I am hoping Mings comes back to his best as the Dominant centre back.....We need another one as cover, of that ilk.

I don't think Carlos is that one.

We need one with aerial competence, who can attack the ball, not wait for it to land on their head.

I think football, is a game of partnerships, and complimenting each others attributes is central to that......at their best, Konsa and Mings, were fine.......

I do think we need another Centre Back.....but the right type.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

Monchi, needs to find the new Gareth Barry.

Maybe someone a touch more athletic than Gazza Bazza would be nice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Reminds me of a Johaan Cryuff quote: "If you have possession, the opponent can't score... there is only one ball"

It's true.......but it is primarily a defensive styled quote.( not criticising just saying)

When you move the ball, and take risks, in an effort to create, its then, that possession can be lost.....and that is the risk factor, that's inevitable. The teams with sublime ball control and savvy movement, lose it less, in the main.

In such circumstances, the top/best teams, employ player/s/system to win the ball back.....and sometimes, that's the bit that gets lost on some students of the game.

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

Called Ings before it was reported by anyone else/the club, I'm sure there's other Villa-related ones but also different academy players signing etc. Beyond that more recently called Maresca to Chelsea/them not being interested in RDZ for specific factors when it was mostly being reported that he was lined up for the job. He's called plenty of things that I'm sure others will know also, it's not an account dedicated to speculation though hence why there's a bit more trust put into it the odd time there is.

Do you know when? The account has mass deleted a lot of stuff which doesn’t do their credibility favours when it comes to transfers - they used to tweet under the name Fball_Insights

The only account I could find correctly callings Ings days before it happened was Jonny Hulme on 1 August 2021. The betting markets had us as favourites by late July so I don’t think it was too much of a shock. 

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Maybe someone a touch more athletic than Gazza Bazza would be nice. 

Yes, of course, without losing the control of the middle.

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Do you know when? The account has mass deleted a lot of stuff which doesn’t do their credibility favours when it comes to transfers - they used to tweet under the name Fball_Insights

The only account I could find correctly callings Ings days before it happened was Jonny Hulme on 1 August 2021. The betting markets had us as favourites by late July so I don’t think it was too much of a shock. 

I think when he changed from Fball_insights to TalkingTactics, he mass deleted tweets to do with transfers or managerial appointments due to getting in some trouble with people within the game. After he stopped tweeting about transfers, only here and there he’d comment. I don’t think he’s a chancer or anything his main thing is the tactical side of things and he’ll just drop subtly hints about anything he may hear.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Reminds me of a Johaan Cryuff quote: "If you have possession, the opponent can't score... there is only one ball"

He could have said, "if you have Johan Cryuff, the opponent can't score...there is only one ball". ;)

3 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

19547980-7551779-Former_England_football

"Right, let's get a few with a thumb sticking out, oh that's fantastic, Michael. Now let's try both thumbs out, yes just like that!"

• Like 1

Â