Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

I'm usually annoyed by the annual Tammy love in.  However, say there is a scenario where we could get 30 - 35 mill for Duran, and Tammy for 10 mill as Ollie backup... Would that work? 🤔

Based on the fact that I just saw a report that Roma need to raise 10 mill by a certain date etc.

Bare in mind, I have no idea how Tammy has been performing or how's he's gone after his injury.

I would obviously also rather keep Duran but we know the rumoured situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Except the way the deal is supposedly structured is we'd be buying Soule and McKennie from them, which would give them the funds to buy Luiz from us. Effectively a swap, but in a way to help the club's get around FFP / PSR

As I've said before unless they're effectively valuing Soule at 40m + then it wouldn't add up to the price for Luiz. Two years ago Arsenal had 25m bid rejected for Luiz with one year left on his deal.

We're two years on now and Doug has 24 months left on his deal. Regardless of his dip in form in last three months he's comfortably in the 55-60m bracket imo.

I wouldn't pay more than 15m for McKennie so Juve are pretty much asking us to massively overpay for two of their players to afford Doug at pretty much below his market value.

It's a no from me but given Monchi worked in Serie A for a year he's probably more receptive to Juve proposals than me.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Dewsbury-Hall....would he interest us, as a a busy midfielder?..as opposed to Gallagher.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

Dewsbury-Hall....would he interest us, as a a busy midfielder?..as opposed to Gallagher.

Brighton frontrunners for him.

What happened to the Ndidi link btw, that was rumoured in last few weeks of the season and he's an actual DM so as a fill in for a few months before Kamara gets fit that might be o.k.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What happened to the Ndidi link btw, that was rumoured in last few weeks of the season and he's an actual DM so as a fill in for a few months before Kamara gets fit that might be o.k.

Not sure of his form, seems to have dropped in terms of status/profile.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

There was no Ndidi link, he was only suggested because he's available on a free.

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Fofana would be great but no links as of yet…

Talking Tactics mentioned we were interested in him on Twitter / X. That's more reliable than 99% of the journalists and accounts out there who are paid to make things up. Talking Tactics has clear links in football and doesn't just peddle transfer rumours to get clicks, which the account linking us to Thuram appears to be doing.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm usually annoyed by the annual Tammy love in.  However, say there is a scenario where we could get 30 - 35 mill for Duran, and Tammy for 10 mill as Ollie backup... Would that work? 🤔

Based on the fact that I just saw a report that Roma need to raise 10 mill by a certain date etc.

Bare in mind, I have no idea how Tammy has been performing or how's he's gone after his injury.

I would obviously also rather keep Duran but we know the rumoured situation.

They would want more than 10m for Tammy and he wouldn't like to be seen as being just a back up. They would want nearer 30m imo. 

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

There was no Ndidi link, he was only suggested because he's available on a free.

I'm sure someone on here who's been credible in the past with transfers said internally he was being considered. Or a reporter. Perhaps I saw it elsewhere.

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Fofana would be great but no links as of yet…

6 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

Talking Tactics mentioned we were interested in him on Twitter / X. That's more reliable than 99% of the journalists and accounts out there who are paid to make things up. Talking Tactics has clear links in football and doesn't just peddle transfer rumours to get clicks, which the account linking us to Thuram appears to be doing.

3kv6EBOG0X4z0yQ_1717669450.png

He'd be ideal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'm sure someone on here who's been credible in the past with transfers said internally he was being considered. Or a reporter. Perhaps I saw it elsewhere.

It was Dan Bardell

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

3kv6EBOG0X4z0yQ_1717669450.png

He'd be ideal.

This makes him look far superior to Luiz in almost every area aside from forward passing percentage.

Would be outstanding Kamara foil/rotation etc.

However I guess the context with stats is the League, Opposition and other factors.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This makes him look far superior to Luiz in almost every area aside from forward passing.

However I guess the context with stats is the League, Opposition and other factors.

I'm sure Emery could sort that out 😉

But yes, context needed as it's in a lesser league, still looks a player though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This makes him look far superior to Luiz in almost every area aside from forward passing percentage.

He still makes nearly twice the forward passes that Doug does, even if they make up a lower % of his game. And with way fewer minutes.

Those stats are stratospheric. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â