Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

We need to make a run at Dybala if the release clause mentioned is true (12m). Emi can make it happen.

Said he wants to stay at Roma

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Said he wants to stay at Roma

Players say a lot of things.

Reported Aston Villa target Paulo Dybala is 'open to a move' to the Premier League this summer.

Sky Sports in the United Kingdom are reporting that there is a €12m (£10.2m) release clause in Dybala's contract which runs until July 31.

https://www.birminghamworld.uk/sport/football/aston-villa/aston-villa-target-open-to-premier-league-move-as-ps102m-transfer-deadline-looms-4652415

Although this quote made me laugh from that article.

Villa might not end up pursuing a move for Dybala however as he does play in a similar position to Ross Barkley who is expected to return to Villa Park last summer.

In what world would you not pursue Dybala because you're signing Ross Barkley? lol

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Not this one again… the lad’s seemingly always injured. Could be another Coutinho…

Regurgitated links… gonna see a lot of that (McKennie? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️)

Difficult to know what to believe… there’s gonna be so much shite again and the window isn’t even open yet… another 10 days to go.

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Not this one again… the lad’s seemingly always injured. Could be another Coutinho…

Regurgitated links… gonna see a lot of that (McKennie? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️)

Difficult to know what to believe… there’s gonna be so much shite again and the window isn’t even open yet… another 10 days to go.

Yep - I'd steer clear of Dybala.  Not sure he's an Premier League player.  I think Bailey and Rogers are better foils for Ollie.  I'm not sure we can buy players just to play in the Champions League matches (when fit).

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, allani said:

Yep - I'd steer clear of Dybala.  Not sure he's a Premier League player.  I think Bailey and Rogers are better foils for Ollie.  I'm not sure we can buy players just to play in the Champions League matches (when fit).

With all the rotten luck we have had with injuries.. it wouldn’t make much sense to sign players with a regularly poor injury record (I’m not talking of a player who suffered a bad injury but those that are regularly unavailable or constantly pick up knocks, niggles, strains)… nor ageing ones that tend to miss many games.

We need quality players that are usually available and help, contribute and strengthen us… 

We have great examples in the likes of Konsa, Luiz, McGinn, Watkins… these lads plays regularly (so many minutes, no wonder they were knackered with our squad so depleted) and are usually consistent…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Beastmix said:

This. It is exactly this.

It's just a stealth insurance policy created to keep the global 'brands' safe, which is exactly why Chris Heck has been brought in to transform us into a 'trendy brand' as it's a big part (along with Vidagany/Monchi's roles) of the strategy for economically catching/keeping up, as it stands with the current regulations.

The difficulty is is that’s not enough. We need to be winning trophies, signing the best players in the world. Consistently finishing in the top. Problem is the current rules stop that happening or make it almost impossible to happen.

45 minutes ago, John said:

They would Bite Hand GIF - Bite Hand - Discover & Share GIFs our hand off, if we bid that....:D

How has he gotten MORE expensive with less minutes than when these rumours were last around?

• Like 1

To quote Bjork:
"AAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEYYYYYEEEEEEUUUURRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKK"

Sorry I mean, "It's oh so quiet..."

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

To quote Bjork:
"AAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEYYYYYEEEEEEUUUURRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKK"

Sorry I mean, "It's oh so quiet..."

That sounds more like Yoko Ono

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I just realised dthe bloke is 6 ft 8.

Christmas come early for @TRO!!! 🤯

Jokes aside, only 21 as well!

still growing.....Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Gonna be a bit gutted to see Dougie go. Seems a shame as we just got to such a level. But hey, onwards and upwards.

i call b*ll*cks

the press said he was gagging to join Arsenal

he didn't

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Gonna be a bit gutted to see Dougie go. Seems a shame as we just got to such a level. But hey, onwards and upwards.

If he goes, he goes. But I’m really not keen on the idea of a deal involving Weston McFattie. It has Stephen Ireland vibes.  I’d thought we had moved past those days of teams taking our best players and us being lumped with their deadwood as compensation.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If he goes, he goes. But I’m really not keen on the idea of a deal involving Weston McFattie. It has Stephen Ireland vibes.  I’d thought we had moved past those days of teams taking our best players and us being lumped with their deadwood as compensation.

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

i call b*ll*cks

the press said he was gagging to join Arsenal

he didn't

Good radar. It’s complete nonsense from bullshit spouting Italian media n journos.

• Like 1

Â