Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

34 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Sky Sports News is linking Hudson Odoi to a “unnamed English champions league club”

Could be us, but do we need him, or even want him? 

Think he’s a really good player but think he’ll sign for Spurs.

38 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Sky Sports News is linking Hudson Odoi to a “unnamed English champions league club”

Could be us, but do we need him, or even want him? 

He’s improved imo I guess he could be good for us if we were to move Rogers in the middle and have Odoi back up Ramsey on the left

Dont attack me but present your points to prove otherwise BUT i dont have that much confidence in Monchi, lets bear in mind that 90% of the team that have got us to where we are now before he arrived, zaniolo and lenglet were questionable at the time of signing and certainly proved to be so once the season had concluded. I respect both players for trying and giving what they could to the team absolutely full credit for that and to be fair they were loans, even Rogers who is a good player of course far from the finished article wasnt perhaps someone I expected us to sign at the time, and yes we did make a top four finish and rogers did contribute to that but more importantly down to super emerys coaching/management. 

Rumours are not always true the Barkley one had my head spinning but if its a free and an extra player on low wages then it’s nowhere near as bad as first suspected so i can get on board, the other rumour is we may be signing a 33 yr old left back, im far from convinced and hope that is nothing but a rumour, we should not be signing anyone over 31 is my take.

Again unless confirmed officially i cant make judgment but if all is true, it just seems to have a pattern of Monchi all over it hes player search hasn’t given me much if any optimism and all in all it doesn’t seem like he wants or knows about the foreign high talent emerging market, its hard to explain in a way but im not hearing those names that certainly would make us a much stronger force.

@Daulmakan @burchy Boys your now in charge but please be mindful of FFP/PSR 😊

@TRO thoughts 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Have Philogene back if that's the best we're linked with. 

Yes must be better value for money out there. 

Posted (edited)

I believe we need a second DM that knows how to defend. Because Mcginn, Luiz, and Tielemens don't! Luiz always find himself on the wrong side of his man, Mcginn always abandons his position to win the ball, but fails to win it, and Tielemens is like bambi on ice, his balance is poor. Barkley definitely isn't defensively minded either.

Kamara needs genuine competition for his place.  He needs to develop further as he is by no means the finished article. 

Anyone know how many goals we conceded with and without Kamara? Because we just seem to hemorrhage goals without him. In fact I think we may have only one clean sheet without him.

Also we need to sort out the defense first and foremost. 61 goals in 38 games is unacceptable. A good figure here should be less than 1 goal a game, so under 38 goals conceded. 

Apart form goalkeeper I'd be looking at 4 defensive reinforcements, including a DM that can defend.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Dont attack me but present your points to prove otherwise BUT i dont have that much confidence in Monchi, lets bear in mind that 90% of the team that have got us to where we are now before he arrived, zaniolo and lenglet were questionable at the time of signing and certainly proved to be so once the season had concluded. I respect both players for trying and giving what they could to the team absolutely full credit for that and to be fair they were loans, even Rogers who is a good player of course far from the finished article wasnt perhaps someone I expected us to sign at the time, and yes we did make a top four finish and rogers did contribute to that but more importantly down to super emerys coaching/management. 

Rumours are not always true the Barkley one had my head spinning but if its a free and an extra player on low wages then it’s nowhere near as bad as first suspected so i can get on board, the other rumour is we may be signing a 33 yr old left back, im far from convinced and hope that is nothing but a rumour, we should not be signing anyone over 31 is my take.

Again unless confirmed officially i cant make judgment but if all is true, it just seems to have a pattern of Monchi all over it hes player search hasn’t given me much if any optimism and all in all it doesn’t seem like he wants or knows about the foreign high talent emerging market, its hard to explain in a way but im not hearing those names that certainly would make us a much stronger force.

@TRO thoughts 

I think neurosis is alive and well, both Lenglet and Zaniolo played their part.  

Window hasn’t even opened yet 🙄

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, RicRic said:

@TRO thoughts 

How old are you, just out of interest?

• Haha 1

If we sign Ndidi it won't be to be another Dendoncker, he will be used much more, Emery isn't interested in squad players or squad fillers, he wants new signings to be good enough to challenge for a place in the first eleven and for it to so that when they come into the team there isn't a massive drop off in quality

On face of It Ndidi maybe not be an excting signing because last time he was in the Premier Leage he didn't have a great season, but indeed nor did any of that Leicester team including Tielemans, Leicester fans even bemoaned Maddison for going missing in the crunch games - after brill start maybe did so at Spurs too, but other than that one season Ndidi has consistently been one of Leicester's better players and linked to top clubs, a couple of seasons ago would have been out of our reach

Also this season he's been playing as a box-to-box midfielder, and has been one of Leicester's better players, so he could be an option for that role for us too

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

How old are you, just out of interest?

30’s mate but predicted we would finish 4th before we kicked a ball this season in case anyone wants to think im deluded and im just throwing my thoughts out there. 

10 minutes ago, macandally said:

I think neurosis is alive and well, both Lenglet and Zaniolo played their part.  

Window hasn’t even opened yet 🙄

You dont mean well, you only laugh and seem to comment on my posts only im not an online/keyboard warrior so i wont be doing that, however this is the best statement you have made towards me and even then the first part is borderline rude without addressing the points to reassure me based on monchi. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, RicRic said:

@TRO thoughts 

Zaniolo and Lenglet were signed last minute as injury cover and were both loans so doesn't really matter if they were amazing or not, both played their part in getting us 4th.  It's a bit premature to judge the January signings (Rogers, Nedjelkovic and Gauci) as they are project signings for the future.

So based on that, I have no idea why you would be doubting Monchi this early into his tenure.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RicRic said:

@TRO thoughts 

Zaniolo and Lenglet were emergency signings.

His proper signings so far would probably be Rogers ( Key in helping us secure Champions League ) and the other top young prospects we've signed so far.

This is reaching imo.

As a matter of fact, both Lenglet and Zaniolo have also played some part, even if small, in helping us to our goal this season.

Also, there was a pundit ( or podcaster ) who pointed out that some of Unais absolute best signings throughout his career have been left field, or even older players which would make ppl initially scratch their heads and go on to be boss 

( This does not mean this is all he signs either )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

According to some, Ndidi is a midget…

I think they might be getting confused between Ndidi and the Diddymen:D!

Ken Dodd And The Diddymen - Ken Dodd And The Diddymen | Releases | Discogs

33 minutes ago, useless said:

If we sign Ndidi it won't be to be another Dendoncker, he will be used much more, Emery isn't interested in squad players or squad fillers, he wants new signings to be good enough to challenge for a place in the first eleven and for it to so that when they come into the team there isn't a massive drop off in quality

On face of It Ndidi maybe not be an excting signing because last time he was in the Premier Leage he didn't have a great season, but indeed nor did any of that Leicester team including Tielemans, Leicester fans even bemoaned Maddison for going missing in the crunch games - after brill start maybe did so at Spurs too, but other than that one season Ndidi has consistently been one of Leicester's better players and linked to top clubs, a couple of seasons ago would have been out of our reach

Also this season he's been playing as a box-to-box midfielder, and has been one of Leicester's better players, so he could be an option for that role for us too

Leicester didn't impress me at all when I saw them this year. They seemed to skate by on the fact that they still had essentially premier league players who were just better than their championship opponents. 

If Ndidi is not comfortable on the ball and in possession, then there's no way Emery will be interested in him. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That transfer gimp knows nothing of our finances.

That quote makes it seem like he was actually being quite positive and balanced on the situation?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

@TRO thoughts 

I dunno - maybe wait till the window is at very least open and more reasonably until it is closed before evaluating how Monchi is doing? 

And we haven't signed any 33 year olds. 

• Like 2