Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

28 minutes ago, Wes said:

Bowen signed a 7 year contract last October. He would be ridiculously ridiculuosly expensive. I can't see anyone buying him frankly, due to that fact, unless there is some timed release clause/europe clause which has not been made public yet.

Also, aren't the Geordies even more restricted with PSR than we are?  They'd need to sell either Isak or Bruno G to afford Bowen.

Ndidi is not the answer. I would be very disappointed with this signing if it happened. The man us too injury prone, he wouldn't cover s**t as he'd be on the treatment table most of the time.

Then even when fit probably isn't at the standard we require.

Plus he's little. Our midfield only has one 6 foot tall player in Kamara. 

Just now, duke313 said:

Also, aren't the Geordies even more restricted with PSR than we are?  They'd need to sell either Isak or Bruno G to afford Bowen.

Apparently they want 200 million for Isak!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

We had mid table form and went out of the Conference League once he was injured. We got top 4 on our first half of the season form. 

CDN media

We must sign a DM… players having to fill in has limited their games too. All of our CMs are vastly better and more effective when they don’t have to fill in at that DM or defensive CM position… Bouba allowed others (esp Luiz) to thrive… we have definitely missed him.

Got to get someone in, he won’t be back and in his groove for a while. This season is going to be even harder unless we strengthen both the team and the squad… ECL was a struggle but now we’re in the Champions League!

Players like Ndidi are unlikely to cut it either unless Unai works his magic… got to be excellent on the ball and in the pass. Last thing we need is another Dendoncker.

A better squad means we won’t have to stick square pegs in round holes and everyone can perform to somewhere approaching their best… we are making a big step up this season and need the squad for it. Getting rid of those below the standard/level required is imperative… then we bring in better.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Plus he's little. Our midfield only has one 6 foot tall player in Kamara. 

Not a link that excites but Ndidi is definitely not little! He’s 6ft (actually appears taller!), height is not what he lacks. Quite a gangly, lanky guy.

spacer.png

I’m more worried about his ability on/with the ball.

Can’t complain if it’s a free transfer though and Unai actually wants him. It’s possibly that he returns to top form , value and ability under such a manager… Tielemans has been great!

Edited by Jas10

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not a link that excites but Ndidi is definitely not little! He’s 6ft (actually appears taller!) too, height is not what he lacks. I’m more worried about his ability on/with the ball.

Ndidi = Dendoncker 

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not a link that excites but Ndidi is definitely not little! He’s 6ft (actually appears taller!) too, height is not what he lacks. I’m more worried about his ability on/with the ball.

Thanks for the correction there. I always thought he looked small! But regardless this guys spends too much time on the treatment table.

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Ndidi = Dendoncker 

That’s what worries me… but if Unai is interested then he must see more in him.

Dendoncker was never fit for purpose and we’ve, unsuccessfully so far, tried to get rid. So why would he want a Ndidi unless there’s a better player in there?

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

That’s what worries me… but if Unai is interested then he must see more in him.

Dendoncker was never fit for purpose and we’ve, unsuccessfully so far, tried to get rid. So why would he want a Ndidi unless there’s a better player in there?

A similar profile of player , but Ndidi looks a better athlete. Combined well with Tielemans before so could work.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

we need the best quality no.6 we can get our hands on.

By get our hands on, i dont mean spunk 100m, i mean the best we can get balanced against cost etc

If we dont get a genuine, high level no.6 in the summer we would be absolutely mad, we wont see Kamara until christmas at the earliest (in terms of being fully fit), and the season can be over by then.

Even if we bought a very good no.6, they can be direct competition for Kamara, and at times i could even see them playing together, there is zero reason to not buy one, we need one.

i dont think ndidi is the answer, he cant pass for toffee.

and he's a midget, we have too many midgets.

HE’S NOT A MIDGET!!

HE’S NOT SMALL!!

😂😂😂

Where has this come from? 🤣
People think he’s Kante or something? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Jas10

15 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Diaby's numbers are good, and I'm hopeful that he can kick on with another pre-season under Emery and his coaches, but he is currently pretty wasteful and his decision making is often questionable.
Given the choice, I'd take Bowen over him because he's been a consistently high performer in the PL for multiple seasons, can play up top as well as on the right or as a central AM, and has excellent pressing stats.

I completely disagree. I think Diaby playing in a wide role more often and not as the 10 will see his form improve significantly next season 

• Like 1

My overriding memory of Ndidi is here:

It was of Leicester's own making too as Ndidi's poor pass from the back allowed Traore to curl a stunning strike past Iversen

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

HE’S NOT A MIDGET!!

HE’S NOT SMALL!!

😂😂😂

Where has this come from? 🤣
People think he’s Kante or something? 🤷‍♂️

well, granted he's not 5ft 6, but he is 5ft 10, which to me is just adding another small player to our already small team.

Just my own opinion, but i think we need more height/physicality in the team, especially defensively, not more players of Luiz's physique.

All the passy passy stuff is nice, but the PL is also very physical and teams deal with lots of long balls, high balls, crosses etc etc, and it was a clear weakness of ours this season.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

well, granted he's not 5ft 6, but he is 5ft 10, which to me is just adding another small player to our already small team.

Just my own opinion, but i think we need more height/physicality in the team, especially defensively, not more players of Luiz's physique.

All the passy passy stuff is nice, but the PL is also very physical and teams deal with lots of long balls, high balls, crosses etc etc, and it was a clear weakness of ours this season.

He’s 6ft!! 😆

From Leicester’s website:

FULL NAME
Wilfred Ndidi
NATIONALITY
Nigeria 
DATE OF BIRTH
16 December 1996
HEIGHT
6'0" (183cm)
WEIGHT
11st 9lbs (74kg)
PROFESSIONAL DEBUT
15 September 2016
Edited by Jas10

Just now, Jas10 said:

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

🤣

Am I wrong? I thought his nickname was “Hobbit” or “Alan Wright’s little brother from another mother”

Â