Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Our injury crisis and the final 4 games contributing to the low 29 points from 19 games. Plus Palace was an irrelevant game.

We had 2.05 ppg in first half of season and then 1.8 ppg up until our final 4 games in 2nd half. Which is equivalent of 34 points over 19 games. 

We will hopefully have added more to our squad this season and have better luck with Injuries so we don't see the drop off. 

I agree however Kamara played 19 games and missed 19 games and our average goals conceded with him was 1.1 and without him was 2 (this included 8 goals conceded during his 4 games when suspended) 

I think he was key and is key for us defensively and we need to replace him or have a different plan for without him. 

We need him back and need cover for him, clearly. Tbh I would have kept Marv around for 1 season more.

8 hours ago, Daulmakan said:

Context: when River got relegated to our second division (coloquially referred to as "B" division, "A" being first), everyone else who wasn't a fan started writing it with a B, to the point that if you wrote it right, Google would suggest otherwise. 😂

https://442.perfil.com/noticias/futbol/2011-06-28-72285-hasta-google-se-rie-de-river.phtml

That's just delicious 🤣

That's made me remember the days of Tano Pasman too - what a video clip that was! LA PUTA QUE ME PARIO!!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

we need the best quality no.6 we can get our hands on.

By get our hands on, i dont mean spunk 100m, i mean the best we can get balanced against cost etc

If we dont get a genuine, high level no.6 in the summer we would be absolutely mad, we wont see Kamara until christmas at the earliest (in terms of being fully fit), and the season can be over by then.

Even if we bought a very good no.6, they can be direct competition for Kamara, and at times i could even see them playing together, there is zero reason to not buy one, we need one.

i dont think ndidi is the answer, he cant pass for toffee.

and he's a midget, we have too many midgets.

So.... Rodri then?

No? 

17 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

The problem this season was that we had no number 6 coverage so everyone else had to move position compounding the issue further. 

A free like Ndidi would do 70/80 percent of Kamara’s job with no wider disruption until Kamara is back. I think it makes sense, unless we have money to spend etc and there is value in a young 6 available. 

The issue with Ndidi is he'll get high wages and he would be a backup player. I am also unsure about how safe he is in buildup and in possession. Yes he's a good ball winner and puts a lot of tackles in, but Emery doesn't want our players making tackles he wants them positionally aware and smart. So I wonder how our data department view him in relation to what we need centrally. 

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

We need him back and need cover for him, clearly. Tbh I would have kept Marv around for 1 season more.

I think loaning Dendonker out and then Kamara getting injured hurt us. We know what we get from Donk and it is much higher level than what young Tim offered

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

We had mid table form and went out of the Conference League once he was injured. We got top 4 on our first half of the season form. 

CDN media

And we stayed in the top 4 on our second half of the season form, we didn’t suddenly drop like a stone, we got to the semi final of a European competition unlike some think it wasn’t our god given right to win that cup!

Edited by zab6359

17 minutes ago, lexicon said:

So.... Rodri then?

No? 

as long as he is within our bugdet............ 😄

There is a BBC article about injuries this season and we're in top 5 for numbers and numbers out at one time and total players injured. So shows we had zero luck on that front. 

I'm sure Emery wants 9 defenders with 5 being CBs two of whom can play as FB in back 4. From that group he will be happy with any of those players starting football matches. 

Last season we had Lenglet join in August on loan. Carlos back from a long injury having never played with us really before. Pau joining the league for the first time. Moreno plagued by injury and never able to hit form of last season. Konsa was a warrior going to the well all season. Kamara ACL meaning defence had no real cover and we lost a set piece defender 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There are rumours today that Newcastle are interested in signing Jarrod Bowen. Any chance we could flog Moussa to the SPL and gazump those Geordies? Bowen as the second striker with Ollie up top, Bailey right and Rogers/Ramsey left would be quite something.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

And we stayed in the top 4 on our second half of the season form, we didn’t suddenly drop like a stone, we got to the semi final of a European competition unlike some think it wasn’t our god given right to win that cup!

We did much better with Kamara than without him. We know we are going into a new season without him for half of it again.

We have an opportunity to cover his loss this time.

We would be foolish not to take it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

There are rumours today that Newcastle are interested in signing Jarrod Bowen. Any chance we could flog Moussa to the SPL and gazump those Geordies? Bowen as the second striker with Ollie up top, Bailey right and Rogers/Ramsey left would be INCREDIBLE.

Newcastle are also signing Lloyd Kelly (LB), who had really high numbers before he was injured.

The pace they have/will have across their team will be/is scary.

26 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The issue with Ndidi is he'll get high wages and he would be a backup player. I am also unsure about how safe he is in buildup and in possession. Yes he's a good ball winner and puts a lot of tackles in, but Emery doesn't want our players making tackles he wants them positionally aware and smart. So I wonder how our data department view him in relation to what we need centrally. 

he'll be behind kamara yes but he will still get I. the region of 15-20 starts if we do things properly.  can't just keep playing our first eleven game after game week in week out.  it isn't possible.  we've seen this season it just leads to more and more injuries.  kamara should play in the top 20 league games and important cup/european games.  that's it. no more

Just now, LondonLax said:

We did much better with Kamara than without him. We know we are going into a new season without him for half of it again.

We have an opportunity to cover his loss this time.

We would be foolish not to take it. 

The drop off started from the Brentford away game onward, when Kamara got his suspension and Torres got injured. We never re-found the same consistent form after that. DM is definitely a position where we're light.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why on earth would we sell Diaby, he's got a very high ceiling and was our 3rd best attacker in terms of output after Watkins and Bailey. He got a goal or an assist every 80 mins for Villa which is the exact same output Watkins had last season

Diaby's numbers are good, and I'm hopeful that he can kick on with another pre-season under Emery and his coaches, but he is currently pretty wasteful and his decision making is often questionable.
Given the choice, I'd take Bowen over him because he's been a consistently high performer in the PL for multiple seasons, can play up top as well as on the right or as a central AM, and has excellent pressing stats.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Diaby's numbers are good, and I'm hopeful that he can kick on with another pre-season under Emery and his coaches, but he is currently pretty wasteful and his decision making is often questionable.
Given the choice, I'd take Bowen over him because he's been a consistently high performer in the PL for multiple seasons, can play up top as well as on the right or as a central AM, and has excellent pressing stats.

In answer to your original question, though, there's very little chance Diaby will be leaving whatever we think of him because he's only been here a year so any sale would almost certainly crystallise a loss as his price will have seen little amortisation. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

There are rumours today that Newcastle are interested in signing Jarrod Bowen. Any chance we could flog Moussa to the SPL and gazump those Geordies? Bowen as the second striker with Ollie up top, Bailey right and Rogers/Ramsey left would be quite something.

Bowen signed a 7 year contract last October. He would be ridiculously ridiculuosly expensive. I can't see anyone buying him frankly, due to that fact, unless there is some timed release clause/europe clause which has not been made public yet.

Edited by Wes
Spelling.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wes said:

Bowen signed a 7 year contract last October. He would be ridiculously ridiculuosly expensive. I can't see anyone buying him frankly, due to that fact, unless there is some timed release clause/europe clause which has not been made public yet.

He signed a seven year contract with West Ham? His agent must be related to Harry Kane's brother. 

12 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Any offers for the deadwood like Dendoncker, Chambers, Cash and Buendia yet?

I was going to bite, then realised it’s just not worth it.  

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â