Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

“We believe Juventus have a received an offer for player X, we’ve no idea who made the offer though, let’s just say it’s Aston Villa” 😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Blimey how does £50m magically turn into £250m. I assume you are not an accountant 

Cause you can amortise it. The issue then becomes you have to raise an extra 50 mil every season. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

“We believe Juventus have a received an offer for player X, we’ve no idea who made the offer though, let’s just say it’s Aston Villa” 😂

We were linked to him a month or so ago. So it is certainly not a leap in logic

A year or 6 months ago, I'd have thought us mad to consider selling Luiz, even though he had his faults.  I've gone right off him though and wouldn't be too concerned if we sold him for a good price.  Id' be far sadder to lose Ramsey, I thought he was brilliant before his injury, even under Gerrard, and I think he'd have played for England by now if fit.    

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

It’s amazing really. He admits there are no certainties so it must be us because Monchi likes him. That may well be true. But it also reeks of content farming. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Would be a smart signing as he is both footed and can play LB/LM or RB/RM so is a really good asset to have due to the flexibility

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Based on these links looks like the focus is on strengthening the squad opposed  to the first 11

Makes sense when you’re under a budget and the current set of benchwarmers struggle to match the effort of the first team players they replace. 

if you can’t afford to raise the ceiling, lift the floor instead 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Based on these links looks like the focus is on strengthening the squad opposed  to the first 11

I think the free’s will come first as they’re able to negotiate and drum out a deal now. I think we’ll be linked to  1 or 2 high profile players and could potentially sign after June 14.

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Makes sense when you’re under a budget and the current set of benchwarmers struggle to match the effort of the first team players they replace. 

if you can’t afford to lift the ceiling, lift the floor instead 

This would be a wise mantra for us this summer to be fair

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

This would be a wise mantra for us this summer to be fair

Looks like it’s already happening. A few squad players and maybe 1 or 2 big (ish) signings at best this summer 

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Being linked with left backs, centre backs and right backs.  Something tells me Unai isn't happy with our defence 🤔

Â