Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

54 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Here's a humdinger for you all.

Mbappé is a businessman, right? Or aspires to be. He's earned enough already from football wages but seems to want the longevity of millions of pounds/euros from smart football investments.

Would you be willing to offer him a small stake in the club/Villa business rather than high wages in return for his playing services for next 3 years? And then an option to extend if all goes well.

I know this is fantastical right, but I also believe Unai can sell this project to anyone, it's just the figures that need to be right - and we could clearly never ever afford a player like Mbappé going the traditional route.

I imagine that would be in fact illegal

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Twitter ITK's saying we are signing defensive midfielder Archibald Forsythe from Kinnaeleith Rovers.

These are the signings I dreamt of when I thought of the Champions League.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

These are the signings I dreamt of when I thought of the Champions League.

Stuff of dreams for young Archie, too.

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Man I hope not. 

Whilst I think he is a quality player I really don't think he is a player we need. Unless we are confident we can bring in all our defensive targets I wouldn't be spending that kind of money on an attacking player. And even then I'd prefer to sign another B2B midfielder over a forward. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Man I hope not. 

Whilst I think he is a quality player I really don't think he is a player we need. Unless we are confident we can bring in all our defensive targets I wouldn't be spending that kind of money on an attacking player. And even then I'd prefer to sign another B2B midfielder over a forward. 

In fairness.

I'm pretty sure none of us thought we " needed " a Left Back when we signed Moreno or " needed " a random Championship player with average stats when we signed Rogers.

Both proved pivotal in the respective seasons we signed them.

Bare in mind, there will defo be a bigger picture plan.

And most importantly... this could be absolute bollox.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

This owuld be a legitimately terrible window. We don't sell cash letting his value atrophy after replacing him with a RB 

We invest in 2 attacking players when by in large we are rather well stocked. Selling digne and replacing him with hermoso still leaves us fairly thin at LB relying on moreno to not get injured otherwise we'd have no option but to play Hermoso in the same role as Konsa. Besides cash is a much better sell than digne, he has a lower book value so more money would be pure profit and and he'd probably sell for more too. Digne is also the better player. 

We will be without Kamara for most of the time before the January window. Which will be pretty much every UCL game. A DM is a massive need plus we need one anyway even if Kamara was fit so we could properly rotate the midfield. And even outside of not bringing in a DM, we didn't even bring in additional depth for Luiz. I suppose playing Veiga at the 10 could mean Tielemans more in the Luiz role. But imo we need some extra size and physicality for certain games especially late in games and that's not addressed either.

Imo this would be a very poor window and one that would likely prevent us from getting UCL next season too as our start to the season would be too slow. 

Who said anything about replacing cash??

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Hermoso and Soler in by start of July/pre season would be a very solid start to the summer. Both with CL experience and 27-28.

Totally agree. Would be the CM and CB gaps covered 

14 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Matty Cash to be replaced with Matthew Contactless

Sometimes “contactless” is exactly how I would describe his defending. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Matty Cash to be replaced with Matthew Contactless

Only for Matty Contactless to go down easily when things get stormy leaving us wishing we could still use Matty Cash

7 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

posting sources like this should be an immediate 2 week ban 🤣

This is what we can expect now until the window closes, about 95% bullshit rumours 🤣

Â