wishywashy

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we loaning him again - i reckon he ends up as next kellyman archer timmy

Maybe but at least we find these youngsters good loans and the for the most part go on to forge decent careers within the game. Joining the Villa academy = development = clear career path be it here or elsewhere.

• Like 2

He will still very likely go out on loan, but curious he's been added to the first team squad, whereas the likes of Revan and Chrisene have been put with the U21s. He's got decent pedigree for an academy player, similar to the likes of Aaron Ramsey, Irogbunam, Kesler-Hayden, Philogene, and so on as they were at a similar age, so I think there will be some hope he either becomes good enough for us eventually, or good enough that we can sell him for a sizable fee like those aforementioned players

I think a good loan season might leave him in a decent position here in a years time. 

If Moreno leaves and Maatsen works out well, then we'll have Digne as largely a back up, on big wages and at an age where he'll absolutely be wanting to play - in just over a years time, I can see us moving on a 32 year old Digne, putting our faith in Maatsen but needing a back up left back - depending on where Illing plays, that could leave a big opportunity for Lino.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think a good loan season might leave him in a decent position here in a years time. 

If Moreno leaves and Maatsen works out well, then we'll have Digne as largely a back up, on big wages and at an age where he'll absolutely be wanting to play - in just over a years time, I can see us moving on a 32 year old Digne, putting our faith in Maatsen but needing a back up left back - depending on where Illing plays, that could leave a big opportunity for Lino.

I liked what I saw from Ben Chrisene last season at Blackburn, played well for them v Newcastle in the cup and Leeds away.

Think he may be a little ahead of Lino in the pecking order but depends on who kicks on in their loans I guess.

• Like 2

Chrisene was mostly playing in a three man central defence for Blackburn, he also played in central defence for England Elite League Squad recently

Whether Sousa will ever be good enough for our first team squad proper I don't know, but as a leftback I think he's a lot closer in profile to what Emery seems to like for that postion, very attack minded, almost more like a winger at times

When talking about our young leftbacks Travis Patterson always seems to get fogotten about, but he could well be the best of all of them,  Revan besides I think he's the only one who's made the first team squad, he's a year or two younger than the others too, has had a lot of injuries but when fit is usually one of the best players on the pitch, although I guess like Chrisene he might end up playing a different position

• Like 1

Â