Joe Gauci

wishywashy

On 13/02/2024 at 15:08, villa89 said:

Hopefully he has Bosnich's feet, Enckleman's awareness, Shay Given's ability under high balls, Stuart Taylor's hunger and Gabor Kiraly's reliability. Get Olsen coaching him and what a keeper that would make. 

spacer.png

(Enckelman’s first touch*, Nyland’s nerves…)

Edited by Jas10

• 4 months later...
19 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I would say that he can have a cheeky pint now he's 18 but....

If he was British he'd have been drinking professionally for at least 4 years.

As he's an Aussie- 8 years. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finding his situation an interesting one. Olsen was preferred to him on the odd time Martinez was unavailable last season (granted Gauci had only just arrived so might not have been considered ready), then you've got Sinisalo and Zych who were excelling on loan, both younger than him and could now be options to fill a club-trained spot for the CL were either kept as a back-up. Have literally never seen the guy play so more so just wondering what the story with him is rather than stating any kind of opinion. Will be interesting to see if he gets a go in any friendlies. 

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Finding his situation an interesting one. Olsen was preferred to him on the odd time Martinez was unavailable last season (granted Gauci had only just arrived so might not have been considered ready), then you've got Sinisalo and Zych who were excelling on loan, both younger than him and could now be options to fill a club-trained spot for the CL were either kept as a back-up. Have literally never seen the guy play so more so just wondering what the story with him is rather than stating any kind of opinion. Will be interesting to see if he gets a go in any friendlies. 

Think he was quoted as saying he got a bit of a shock by the jump in level from A League. 

Wonder if he starts in our first few preseason games?

Or is someone else going to be preferred, until Emi gets back?

Rather we move on from Olsen and give one of the young lads a chance to impress, really interested to see what both Sinisalo and Gauci have got to offer… then there’s Zych too, will he be back with the club?

On 14/07/2024 at 02:25, Powehi said:

My heart will sink if Olsen starts against Walsall. Let's see what this guy's got!

I suspect it will be a full line-up change at half time.

• Like 1

Really hope he gets minutes this week.

My assumption is that he'll be #3 this season, developing here and learning, with Zych going out on loan (or maybe being registered for the CL). Next season Gauci steps up to #2 with Zych #3 and Olsen fired off into the sun

Hard to judge really, seemed comfortable enough with the ball back to him.

When their winger shoved him into the hoardings I was expecting him to give him some back at least though. Emi would have been getting an orange card if he'd pulled that with him.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â