Tickets

Kingman

8 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Anyone else having trouble purchasing tickets online for this? we have four season tickets and when I went onto the home tickets page earlier this game came up as option to purchase tickets for but I held off as needed confirmation from one person that they could come. I have logged back in and now the game doesn't even show on the home tickets page.

Edit - I could access it this morning and have managed to get my tickets. 

Are they in your basket still? 

8 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Went to pay for mine and sons tickets, he's got an under 14s season ticket but turned 14 this month. As a result it won't let me allocate him his under 14 ticket, it also won't let me change it for any other type. Guess I'll be joining the phone queue in the morning

I had this as my son's turned 21 . I was able to reallocate it to an adult ticket using my laptop. The app wouldn't let me (that I could see). 

Had to take the tickets out of my basket and start again though. 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I had this as my son's turned 21 . I was able to reallocate it to an adult ticket using my laptop. The app wouldn't let me (that I could see). 

Had to take the tickets out of my basket and start again though. 

Thanks mate, this has saved me an hour wait in the phone queue. Once I'd selected my seats, I could click edit seats and change the type to an under 18.

Virtual pint to you. 

• Thanks 1

I’ll be at work in sunbury on Thames on Thursday morning, I could get to the game and could get back to London gone midnight and then get the nightbus home perhaps….and would have done it if I didn’t need to get up at 6am. Looks like the tickets are great prices, I think this is one of the games I watch on tv and allow someone who Dosent get to go the villa regularly to enjoy the game….plus I got to go to the away game at the bridge and am returning to the midlands for our game against yanited on the weekend UTV

22 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

This will test the famous waiting list. Cheap tickets, at home, versus Chelsea. If the majority of non ST seats are not taken up then our estimated demand might not be as high as some were bigging up.

Won’t be far off 40k there imo 

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

More like 35. We haven't reached 40k in the Conference league yet.

Reduced allocations home end and away end. Chelsea bring over 6k and Chelsea much bigger name than those conference games 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

This will test the famous waiting list. Cheap tickets, at home, versus Chelsea. If the majority of non ST seats are not taken up then our estimated demand might not be as high as some were bigging up.

How is this or ticket sales for any single match any way relevant to the season ticket waiting list?

There are tens of thousands of people on a waiting list to be given the opportunity to buy a season ticket, not to buy a ticket to any single particular home match. Non-ST holders who are claret members can get individual tickets to any home match and most even go to general sale...

I may have not totally understood the point you are trying to make, but I see a lot of Villa fans resort to making comments about the ST waiting list when we don't sell out a home game or something.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wedge said:

How is this or ticket sales for any single match any way relevant to the season ticket waiting list?

There are tens of thousands of people on a waiting list to be given the opportunity to buy a season ticket, not to buy a ticket to any single particular home match. Non-ST holders who are claret members can get individual tickets to any home match and most even go to general sale...

I may have not totally understood the point you are trying to make, but I see a lot of Villa fans resort to making comments about the ST waiting list when we don't sell out a home game or something.

I think it's more about the numbers of people on the waiting list. In theory you've got 20k+ people trying to get a season ticket, when in reality possibly half of those, if not more, are already members and half of those members go to most games.

You would think that a cheaply priced game would be perfect to sell out. I'm not ashamed to admit that if this was normal price I wouldn't be going. I've prioritised league and europe and me and the lad haven't missed one yet. 

• Thanks 1

Honestly thought the day of paying 20 quid to watch us play decent opposition at VP had long gone so very happy to see likes of Heck seeing sense for a long off game where we can entice some new fans to see hopefully a famous cup night (given it could well go to penalties....).

Were Everton league cup tickets as cheap as this, had it in my mind they were priced at 25-30 quid.

Plenty still left in the Holte, infact there's some 19 quid restricted view seats going so might just pay that and then move across if there's a few empty seats not being used as the game starts. Again no idea when I last paid 19 quid to watch us at VP, probably about 2006 as then it went 20 quid for the North Stand Lower when MON requested we had home fans behind both goals.

Fair play to the club on this.

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Everton game cheapest adult ticket was £30 if I remember right but some were £40 hence the low turn out 

Way too much for an early season cup game especially as we had europa league matches either side.

Hopefully club learn from that and we have Chelsea style pricing for any league cup home games next season.

Â